OP Offline
Kerth
FDK goes here.

Many, many thanks!

Corrina.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A satisfying ending! I would have liked to see Clark get his memory back, but it seems to be happening gradually, or at least he's learning very quickly.

Thank you for this wonderful Christmas present!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome! clap

Many thanks and Merry Christmas... after all that writing you deserve a holiday! laugh

Cheers
Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He took a square and put it into his mouth. She was right, it did massage your tongue – but he had much greater reasons to be glad to be alive than a little square of melting sweetness. He looked at his wife and smiled.
Oooo, the first tiff as a married couple. And it could be even worse than the whole ‘multiple wives thing’.

“Thank you,” Clark said sincerely. “But I need a job.”

“Any ideas?” his father asked.
Well, Earth still doesn’t have a Supreme Ruler and now that Nor won’t be coming, this position is still available…

“It’s too late for college now,” Clark said. “I have to work so I can support my wife.”

“Hey,” Lois said, as her hand touched his arm. “I *have* a job, so don’t assume that college isn’t a possibility for you.”
“No wife o‘ mine will work.” /grunts and adjusts legwear/ “Za stayed home and so will you.” /grunts again/
SCNR *g*
Or the alternative:
Lois finally manages to outdo Cat. Not only was she dating a head of state, no, now she’s actually gotten herself a kept boy-toy. And a frat boy to beat laugh

“I think together, we could be a formidable reporting team,” Lois said eagerly. “I could do the bulk of the writing until you catch up with written English again. Until then, I could edit your work and help you.”
Besides, there’s the ever handy life-saving option. Which, by the way, will do wonders for keeping their marriage alive. At least, the female part.

“Only if we think they’re doing something illegal.”
Or Lois really, *really* wants to know. Reporting with Lois is like drug-usage. First she starts you off with harmless, little samples and before you know it, you’re doing whatever she wants.

He was torn between her obvious enthusiasm and his fear this would lead to conflict – either now or later. “I don’t know, Lois.”
Yes, but the making up after the conflict has its perks.

Clark spun to Lois. “Lo-is,” he hissed. “You took on a murderer? You could have been hurt. Didn’t you think about –?“

Lois’s touch on his arm deepened and she smiled serenely. “See, I *told* you your powers would be very handy.”
clap

She was grinning that ‘I know something’ grin.
Pregnant?

“Go on,” he said, knowing it was something good. Something better than good. “Tell me.”

“You’re going to be a father.”
clap Corrina that was an awesome story. Thanks for the great ride and Merry Christmas!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Excellent! Warm, sweet, waffy and a beautiful happy ending. Great story

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
This was a wonderful series, and truly magical in the unfolding of its unique love story. You made your readers care about New Krypton despite its faults, and you made Kal-El a fully realized character in his own right, as distinct from Clark Kent. I loved the ending as well, seeing Martha with a very aptly named granddaughter.

Your storytelling decisions along the way have somehow each felt so appropriate. I love reading a story where you keep wondering what will happen, and then, as it unfolds, every event makes you say, "that's right, that's just what should have happened." For instance, I'm rather glad you didn't have Kal-El fully regain his early memories by the end, because he can therefore still remain himself, with all the special qualities of innocence and the sense of wonder you have given him. He's Clark Kent in essence, but not quite the Clark Kent we've come to know from the show. Instead, he's a believable version of that character who has evolved in a rather unique and remarkable way under your deft pen. Very nicely done!

Thank you for writing one of the best New Krypton stories I've ever read. All of your stories have been excellent and very enjoyable, but in my view, this one, with its continual sense of discovery, is something truly special. I know it's too early for this year's Kerths, but you already have my vote for Best Author.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
party

What a wonderful story!

I still don’t like it that Clark left without Jonathan and Martha knowing where he was going. I understand it, but I still don’t like it.

A couple of questions:

I don’t get what the big deal was about the time difference. Lois was gone from Earth for three months. They spent probably a month or so on New Krypton. That’s only two months difference.

Where’s Lucy’s husband? I remember a part where she got married, but she lives with Sam and Ellen.

He doesn’t have bad seed!! smile Of course, we all knew that, but how wonderful for Clark to have that confirmation!!!

This has been a brilliant love story! You are a very talented writer and I hate for this to end. I am looking forward to reading more of your stories. laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brilliant story, Corrina! A very fuzzy ending with several loose ends tied up. Thank you for writing!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This was a totally warm and fuzzy ending. clap

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved the story and I'm glad that you went so far as providing a next generation so that Martha could hold their baby. smile

This was wonderfully imaginative and there was plenty of different things for everyone to enjoy.

Speaking just for myself, I have no problem with FTL travel. I can explain the relativistic equations that prevent acceleration of objects with a non-zero rest mass to the speed of light as well as anyone, but if you can find a way around the relativistic C barrier, then you have circumvented the area of known physics and are into the realm of speculative theoretical physics. Just because we don’t have any idea how to avoid the relativity problems doesn’t mean that the answer isn’t out there somewhere.

So—and hopefully I haven’t embarrassed those who educated me—I don’t have that much problem with the trips to and from New Krypton. At least as long as you aren’t trying to simply push faster using stronger rockets. smile1

Again, it was a wonderful and WAFFY story. love Thank you so much.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great ending to a great and imaginative story! Yes, I'm glad Kal/Clark still has a bit of his innocence still.
Can't wait for your next story.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
A sweet ending to a fabulous story.

As for the time differences, I assumed that Lois' spent a month traveling to and from NK and that there weren't any other time differences.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice ending and a wonderful Christmas gift! I also would have liked to see him regain his memory but over all it will remain one of my favorite fics. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
cookiesmom Thanks for sticking to the end. Re Clark's memory, I hinted his memory was coming back - he remembered why Martha had made the Suit, he also remembered about money being needed to purchase goods.

My thoughts were that it would return gradually.

Elizabeth Thanks, Elizabeth. I'm very glad you enjoyed the fic.

Re the holiday - the muse isn't really interested in a holiday smile1

Michael

Actually, that took a lot of preparation. I mean, getting a bunch of people and a space ship ready for a mission to Mars isn’t exactly a ‘moment’.
Yes, but at the beginning Ellen probably figured she'd be getting Lois back.

I went back up and checked. That’s really tricky, Corrina. The nurse mentioned he doesn’t work on Thursdays, leaving one to assume he would be back on Fridays instead of already having taken off for a long weekend.
Actually, my thinking was Mon-Wed-Fri at work. I just didn't bother explaining it - although, on second thoughts, having four days away from his patients might not be the best arrangement.

Thanks for all your very entertaining FDK, Michael. So often you see things I didn't put there - and your interpretations are very LOL-worthy.

Kathy Thanks for reading and leaving FDK. After all that, there had to be a happy ending.

Betty Thanks for your wonderful comments regarding the character of Kal. I wanted him different, obviously, but he still had to have the essence of Clark. I'm goofy It was Sam and Ellen's wedding - but I wrote it from Lucy's POV.

Thanks for your questions and comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave FDK.

Shadow Thanks for reading JD.

Ann Thanks for you comments, Ann.

My natural tendency is not to automatically end a love story with a baby. However, so much of this fic was about Clark/Kal having an heir that I felt this time, we needed a baby at the end.

I really like your comments about Clark/Kal. Basically this fic was about a not-too-changed Lois meeting a significantly-changed-Clark. But it was always important that Kal be recognisable as Clark, otherwise the story becomes Lois with someone we don't really care about.

Thanks for all your FDK, Ann.

Bob

Thanks for reading Bob - so glad you enjoyed it.

Artemis I see canon Clark as having a bit of innocence too - I think it's one of his most endearing qualities.

Thanks for your comments, Artemis.

Elisabeth Thanks.

Re - the time differences - I was careful not to specify how long were the travel times. It is so unrealistic that putting a time to it would only emphasise the holes.

Laura I didn't say he didn't regain his memories (in fact I hinted that he did), so I sort of left it up to the reader to decide how he/she wanted that to play out.

Thanks for all your wonderful FDK, Laura.

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed the journey and I'm so glad you did too.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good point on the Mo-Wed-Fri thing.

Thanks for all your very entertaining FDK, Michael. So often you see things I didn't put there - and your interpretations are very LOL-worthy.
You're welcome. Glad I could give you a couple of laugh back smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

What a wonderful ending. clap I loved every minute of this story; it made me laugh, it made me cry, and it helped me through some difficult times. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Re: Sam and Ellen's wedding. If you had told us from the start that it was Sam and Ellen's wedding, we would have had no context, no understanding of how they came together or why. Given we were so involved in a very *alive* Lois's point of view, it would have seemed cold, heartless, and, quite frankly, a bit bizarre. Plus, it would have spoiled the surprise ending!

On the other hand, if you had not alluded to it at all, you'd have run the risk of having the ending appear contrived. We needed to know that this wedding was part of your vision of the story as a whole, not something you tacked on at the end.

You came up with, IMHO, a brilliant means of solving this dilemma. dance

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i'm so sad and happy at the same time! i guess thats the mark of a great story - sorry to see it finish, but love the way its turned out!

happy holidays!

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you. This is a beautiful story.

thanks!

rkn
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was out of town for the Christmas holiday, so I had to wait until today to finish this story. My feedback is late, but I couldn't not respond, not after all the pleasure this story has given me. smile

The wrap up was nicely done, from the explanation of how Clark could leave Earth without telling his parents to Lois's reunion with her family. I now want to go back and read the chapter with "Lucy's" wedding, to see what we all missed, LOL. That was very clever of you, especially with the nasty lady that bought Ellen's apartment -- I was worried right along with Lois about what had happened to her!

There were a few things that threw me out of the story as it wound down -- especially the fact that Clark was already flying when he left at 15 (in the show, he doesn't fly until he's 18) -- but once I accepted that his life wasn't the same for those first 15 years, I enjoyed watching you weave all the loose ends together. I like that Clark is gradually getting his memories back, but that he will always be Kal, the man Lois fell in love with. (And I love that Lois still calls him that when they are alone; it's an intimate nickname that no one else would understand, but they do, and that's what makes it so special.)

Corrina, you are an incredibly gifted storyteller and I can't thank you enough for sharing your talents with us. smile

Kathy

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Vicki Thanks for all your wonderful FDK, Vicki.

About Sam & Ellen - it was such a small part of the story, but I really, really wanted them back together. I guess I wanted to make the ending happy for Lois - not only with Kal/Clark, but with her birth family too.

I'm glad it seemed believable how I did it. smile

Sarah Thanks for the great compliment - it's always good to hear you wanted more.

Rkn Thanks for reading and commenting.

Kathy RE the age that Clark flew. If I'd stuck with canon and had him not flying until 18, I either had to have him kidnapped later, or not having flown before he left.

I wanted him taken earlier than 18 - partly because then M&J really did lose a 'child' and partly because, being younger when he became the SR on NK could help explain why he didn't ask more questions of Ked and Nor.

But I also wanted him being able to fly before he left. Having L&C find the Suit, which had already been made my Martha, supported this because it's not much point being a Superhero if you can't get to the scene of the emergency very quickly.

Therefore, I moved his flying forward a bit.

Thanks for all your very enthusiastic FDK, Kathy.

Corrina. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard