Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments are love. clap

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sure it's because I'm sleepy and need to go to bed, but I'm a little confused. Is this a flashback? 'Cause I thought Lois killed 'Superman'. But even at that, the story becomes more intriguing. Is Clark really dead? Or is Henderson protecting him because he knows Clark is Superman and that there is another guy out there that could kill him.

Without a death certificate there could be no funeral or burial either in Metropolis or Kansas.
Hmm... I buried my mom without a death certificate. I actually had to wait two months to get one. I'm sure there was probably a provisional one, though.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Is Clark really dead? Or is Henderson protecting him because he knows Clark is Superman and that there is another guy out there that could kill him.
That would be telling.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another good chapter, although I was surprised at Lois's lack of emotion when Perry told her Clark didn't make it... does she suspect he is really still alive and in hiding now that she has figured out he is Superman?

Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
I enjoyed it. I especially like the fact that Lois has been shocked enough to see through Lex.

If I'm reading this correctly, the clone-Superman was on the loose for a long time. The developments here seem to have gone on for a while and based on the original part, more was still to happen.

I still hope that you will see your way to providing a happy ending. (But I'm not holding my breath.)

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another good chapter, although I was surprised at Lois's lack of emotion when Perry told her Clark didn't make it... does she suspect he is really still alive and in hiding now that she has figured out he is Superman?
She's in shock. It will hit her later (if she doesn't find out before then that Clark is still alive).

And... Was this a flashback? What happened to Lois' arm and going into surgery?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This is still a flashback. Lois's surgery is scheduled for the morning.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy From what I've interpreted into part 2, it was completely obvious that Lois knew Clark to be alive. And now this? And just one more part? But you did mention that the next part would be up in the morning laugh wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Sorry - Lois's surgery is scheduled for her morning.

I, on the other hand, am under siege by RL until after Xmas.

However: a teaser-

"Lois, have I ever shown you my bomb shelter?" Perry asked. From anyone else the invitation would have sounded creepy. From Perry it just sound... creepy.

She followed him down the stairs to the basement, past the laundry room to another door and down yet another, shorter flight to a heavy metal door. The stairwell was lined with sound-proofing material. Perry opened the door with a flourish.

In the room beyond stood Clark's parents.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right. Christmas. /grumbles about fanfic adopting some of the less fortunate aspects of television/ wink

hyper teaser hyper

Merry Christmas, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Another solid part.

I had remembered how confused I was last time and made sure I read this part as if it were still a flashback. I'm sure if all three parts were read in one sitting it would be clear. It might be even clearer if sometime during this segment Lois' arm was bothering her or she had to pause her investigation to take care of herself.

It must be driving Lois crazy not being able to see Clark's body or talk to his parents. I'm sure to someone who trusts her own five senses as much as Lois does (there's no magic in her world) it won't seem real to her until she either sees him laying in a coffin or weeps with his grieving parents.

As to the funeral process, it's complicated. Lots of times funerals are held before the death certificate paperwork is completely processed. Also there is a history of having a funeral without a body, particularly for people presumed dead. But in this case there is neither a body nor a death certificate. It's all on hold until the police are finished.

Merry Christmas!

Elisabeth
who is anxiously awaiting part four

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha! Given your teaser, I'm guessing that Clark is still alive and that he got his parents to safety before the evil Superman (heck, we'll call him "Bizarro") could get there.

And, from Henderson's silence, I'm guessing that he knows that CK=S. (In fact, haven't you said before, in author's notes, that in almost all your fics, Henderson knows CK=S, due to events surrounding the Nightfall asteroid?)

I'm hoping that Clark is secretly working with Henderson to bring down the rogue Superman. He must be very concerned about Lois.

Or is Clark still unconscious? How badly is he injured? This whole "going to ground and letting Bizarro actually kill people" seems way out of character for Clark - he would never allow people to be hurt if he could prevent it. So, if Clark is still lying unconscious somewhere, who got Clark's parents to safety?

And, the whole bit with the stationery - did Lex actually send the note? Or did Bizarro send iton his own initiative? Is that why Lex is a little worried, because his creation is acting independently now?

Ah, so many questions! I'm really hoping for a quick next post!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, but still so many questions. It was fairly smooth until your teaser about *Perry* having a bomb shelter. goofy Great switch.
Anyway, eagerly waiting for more answers.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard