#68280 12/19/09 06:09 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

In all likelihood I'm going to be away both of the next two Saturdays and won't be able to post, but I'll try to post at least one more chapter before January 4th.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Finally, Jonathan and Martha speak the logic that Clark refused to see. He cheated. And by cheating he has made an enemy of Lois Lane. Not a smart move.

What our gentle writer has done here is made it *VERY* difficult to be able to put things right between Lois and Clark.

Personally, I don't see how Clark is going to ever get Lois to forgive him.

It will be interesting to see, in the instalments that are left, how Clark is going to get Lois to find a way past her feeling of betrayal, which will be compounded incredibly if she does find out the actual truth.

Or... maybe she doesn't and this story is merely the set-up for a sequel which places Lois and Clark at the Daily Planet as antagonistic rivals.

Such fun.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Tank (who hadn't realized how stupid young Clark actually was)

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
aaarghhhh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank explained it very well. When will Clark learn that cheaters never prosper?

Can he make things right by telling Lois the secret? Probably not - she'd still be ticked off that he took the internship from her, which she deserved, by cheating. In fact, if he did tell her now, I can see her plastering his secret all over the front page of the Daily Planet.

That would be a topic that would establish Lois Lane.

Interesting angsty part! I can't wait to see how (or if) you're going to get out of this!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Re the PS: Okay, I figured only the very best would 'dare' apply blush But maybe that was just driven by me fuly expecting that Clark would get mentioned after Lois did and the way you portrayed the scene, it was quite reasonable to assume that Clark beat Lois out of the internship.

I nodded my head. I had potentially ruined Lois’ life as I was selfish. How could I ever make that up to her?
Yep. Lois is not going to forgive him for that. Not in the next couple of years. I do admit, I'm impressed, Nancy. You managed to have Lois avoid Paul, and probably Claude, too, and created a situation where Clark is the sole negative male influence in her past. notworthy So, how are you going to fix this?

Michael

PS: Sorry if I'm being too negative in my assumptions. I'm just going with 'picture the worst you could do to them and then do it' blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Hi - I hope you all are having a great holiday season! Ours was good, but busy.

While I haven't been online much, it was nice to log on occasionally and see the feedback, so thank you!

Tank -
Personally, I don't see how Clark is going to ever get Lois to forgive him.
Just remember, this Lois isn't quite our Lois. She's pretty close, but still not quite the same.

And, yeah, young Clark is/was pretty stupid. But he is wisening up some.

Sarah - Thanks!

IolantheAlias - Yes, I dare say a story about the Boy in Black that proved the link Clark insinuated would make the cover of the Daily Planet.

Michael - You know, it never occured to me that in this universe, Clark is the only negative male influence in Lois' life. It's not 100% accurate - there's still her father and Paul was there just to much less of an extent, but it is pretty interesting that it's at all true.

Hope to get the next chapter up today, although no promises.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard