Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

#68175 12/15/09 05:53 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cracked me up, Shayne. laugh

The next time someone wonders why nobody recognizes Clark, I'm pointing them here. Blame Anya.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#68176 12/15/09 05:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“We’ve got x-ray specs that really work, not like those fakes you see in the backs of the comic books.”
You know, I always wanted to buy those, but my parents wouldn't let me....Plus I wanted Sea Monkeys. I wanted to see them build their little house just like it showed in the drawing.

Still, all he had to do was take off the glasses. It wasn’t like he’d spend seventy years pining after a woman who didn’t know he existed. Nobody was that stupid.
wink wink wink

“Could I interest you in collapsible boots and capes? They use genuine fifth dimensional technology to phase in and out of the universe on command. We can make them up in any fashion you’d like.”

He stopped for a moment and frowned. “This stuff is safe, isn’t it?”

She kept her smile carefully fixed on her face as she said “Absolutely safe.”

By the time he found out that the capes and boots were cursed, the store would be long gone, in another dimension.
That explains so much!

“I can’t give you your money back. It clearly states in the contract you signed that rocket powered skates are nonrefundable.”
I always wondered where the coyote got all that Acme stuff...

And I love how the coyote doesn't say anything - he never speaks.

Sometimes retail wasn’t all that different from being a vengeance demon.
Why do I think that you've actually worked retail?

Shayne, I just about fell off my chair laughing so hard!

#68177 12/15/09 06:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap

~•~
#68178 12/16/09 04:01 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mucho kudos, Shayne! That was great! rotflol rotflol

You know, there were at least two cartoons where Wile E. Coyote did speak. One was a toon where he was chasing Bugs Bunny and gave out business cards where he billed himself as "Wile E. Coyote, Genius" (there might have been two of those), and one (or more) where he wasn't identified by name but spent the day trying to work past a big sheepdog to get to the sheep. The coyote and the dog spoke to each other at the beginning and the end of the day when they punched their time cards, but not when they were competing for the sheep.

I loved the setup! I've worked retail, and there were times I would have loved to be able to call on someone like Anya to handle an obnoxious or extremely difficult customer. Makes for a terrific fantasy, anyway.

This is an excellent three-way crossover. Hey, does Lois shop here too? Maybe she could pick up some more of those lock picks, or a charm to keep the bad guys from seeing her when she's snooping. I'm sure there wouldn't be any nasty side effects with those.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#68179 12/16/09 06:20 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Lovely - and many thanks for using Anya, one of my favourite Buffyverse characters.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#68180 12/16/09 08:17 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
evil It's been ages since a Buffy crossover, I think. Good one. Hilarious.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#68181 12/17/09 05:20 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
So, I was completely clueless that this was a Buffy crossover until I read the FDK, but I still thought the story was great! I'm always impressed when a crossover is accessible to people who know nothing about the other show.

I loved how Wile E. wrote on the wooden sign!

It's an appropriate time of year for a look into the other side of retail... smile

Amber

#68182 12/22/09 07:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wile E. Coyote and Superman in the same story set in the Buffyverse. Cute.

The glasses thing reminds me of a story in the comics that said when Clark had the glasses on, he projected telepathically to everyone and they actually saw him very differently than what he really looked like. He was even able to do this with the masses since he was a television reporter.

Oh, Shayne, change your story icon to a blue arrow.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard