bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments? smile1

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Based on what he’d been shown, this should go like clockwork.
Why do I want to knock on wood and rub my lucky rabbit's foot when I hear that phrase? wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not allowed to comment, because I've read Part 3. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This makes me quite nervous. When Clark or Lois has a bad feeling about something, it's usually right.

I hope he does tell Lois the truth about Superman. He needs reassurance from Lois that he'll be ok. And if something does happen, she'll need Jonathan and Martha.

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
clap
Great chapter! The suspense is building... and I can't wait for part 3!!! Bring it on!
Cheers
Elizabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
This story feels very real to me. Not the scientific stuff -- though it's very well done and is so much more logical and realistic than what the show did -- but the emotional stuff. I can feel Clark's fear about what could happen to him and those he cares about, and it feels much more authentic than the laid-back bravado he showed in the episode. (And we all know how well that worked for him, heh.)

I also like that being confronted with something this big is making Clark reevaluate his approach to Lois. He knows he needs to continue to protect his identity, yet the appearance of the asteroid has shown him that it's possible to wait too long. He's dancing that line between security and urgency, and it seems like he's come up with a good plan for how to move forward emotionally. I like it!

I'm really looking forward to chapter 3, Bob. Soon, I hope!

Kathy

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Iloanthe, HappyGirl:
Iolanthe said
Why do I want to knock on wood and rub my lucky rabbit's foot when I hear that phrase?
Well, the fact that this was part 2 of 35 suggests that there is a lot more to happen.

Do you think I would lose my audience if I said that there will be 30+ chapters of technical descriptions of all phases of the Nightfall intercept mission? Imagine the level of detail that could be covered. I could go on and on about how electronics behave in a vacuum and the near-absolute zero temperatures of space. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Thankfully, I would find that almost as mind-numbing as everyone else. In case it isn’t obvious, the story will turn much more personal before very long.

lcfan99:
You said:
When Clark or Lois has a bad feeling about something, it's usually right.
Why did I suddenly hear this ghostly voice in my head saying, “Trust your feelings, Luke.” smile As for the rest, I guess we’ll just have to see what happens when Superman talks to Lois.

elizabeth:
Thank you. I promise it won’t take too long to see where this is going.

KathyB:
You said:
This story feels very real to me. Not the scientific stuff -- though it's very well done and is so much more logical and realistic than what the show did -- but the emotional stuff.
Thank you so much. I enjoy the scientific stuff as much as anyone (actually, more than most) but that will never carry a story. I wanted to do Nightfall not because it allowed a prime “scientific babble” opportunity, but because this point in S1 was possibly the best unrealized chance for the Lois and Clark relationship to get on track earlier than was done in the series. What could be better than a potential end-of-the-world scenario to shock Clark enough to be proactive with Lois?

Thank you all for the feedback. It won’t be too long until Ch3 is up.

Bob

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boy, Clark's doing a lot of thinking here. And is he really thinking about telling Lois? This should get verrry interesting laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Michael,

Yes, Clark is being more rational than normal. I really would like to think that Nightfall should have been enough to get the brain cells working.

Thanks for the note. smile

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard