Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<choke> This is one of the most powerful, poignant segments of fanfic I've yet read, CC. whinging

And when I got to this

He stopped her in a way entirely different than that other guy would have done. He lowered his voice, whispered, “Thank God for that, Lois. Stay. Stay as long as you want.” And he stepped across and took her into his arms. Lois fell into him, and cried until she slept.
I lost it completely. mecry

More soonest, please!

LabRat (who thinks CC should have to pay readers' expenses on an increasing tissue bill...)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
Good post!! razz

No Superman hyper

More!!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
/me grabs the box of tissues from Rat

Wonderful, CC! I loved the dreams that our Clark had about sleeping with Lois' presence, especially how they comforted him enough to get through the day.

Perry was wonderful in the way he's allowing Clark to take his time getting back to writing.

And poor Alt Clark!!! Falling in love with Lois when she HAS to get back to our Clark. Please tell me that you have his Lois stuffed away in another universe and that Tempus will be hung by his toenails over a vat of boiling oil!! help

More soon!!!

Missy (who is already agonizing over the fact that BNA is going to be VERY VERY hard to choose this year dizzy )

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
CC, this was amazing! It took me 2 posts to get into the story, but WOW! So poignant, so emotional! I loved how original Clark dreamt of Lois and how Jimmy and Perry supported him. I loved how Alternate Clark could sense her heartbeat, but I couldn't help but feel heartbroken when I relized that Clark's heart would be broken.

Hurry with Part 3!
- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
I join the admiring chorus and add that the way you write sometimes makes me want to cry.

The feeling of hopelessness that shadows Lois as she haunts the Planet every day nursing her coffee and watching Alt Clark go by. The way Clark embraces the ghost that sleeps beside him each night making him capable of getting up each day. And the ending..*sob* that was quoted before but just was so powerful I have to quote it again.......

He stopped her in a way entirely different than that other guy would have done. He lowered his voice, whispered, “Thank God for that, Lois. Stay. Stay as long as you want.” And he stepped across and took her into his arms. Lois fell into him, and cried until she slept.
Please, oh please, post soon!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! You posted again, CC! grumble - and he's now going to help Lois. But how's she going to get home? And what are you going to do about poor Clark in this universe, who's clearly already falling in love with Lois? frown

More soon!! wildguy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey everyone! And thank you very much for your comments.

I'm addressing your question, Wendy, not only because it's a sharp, excellent one, but because I know the answer to it! <g>

Perry White is a Suit who is absent from the DP more than not. When Lois asks about him, she's told he's 'always in Barbados' this time of year. So, even if they called for a Perry White at the editor's desk, he wouldn't have been anywhere in the DP, and quite possibly not even known to whoever answered the phone.

This brings up an interesting thing- well, interesting to me- which I ran up against in this story. I had a good bit of backstory on Perry written that I ended up tossing. I liked it, but felt it drug the whole piece down a bit.

Ok, that's my two cents. And Wendy is keeping me honest because I've asked her to.

Oh, and what alt-world does this occur in? Hmmm...CC Aiken's alt-world? Is that good? I mean, if I'm going to make things up, why not, right?..er...I am right, aren't I?

CC

All of your comments are so appreciated, thanks!

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the explanation, CC! smile

Okay, CC's alt-world? I'm looking forward to seeing what other changes there are from the universes we're accustomed to. thumbsup

Re. Perry, I still find it hard to believe that someone in the editor's office wouldn't be aware that one of the Planet's executive directors is called Perry White (even if he does spend a lot of his time in Barbados - LOL! laugh ) - so how about a different explanation for their not knowing? What if he's very hot on formality and he's only known, below board level, as Mr White? Or perhaps this P. White doesn't use the shortening of his name and prefers to be known as Peregrine White? (Or perhaps both wink ). That way you could have Lois realise in part 2 that this is why her earlier enquiries didn't find her a Perry White - and later, when she realises that there's no Lois Lane, you could have her realise that even if she had found Perry he would have been of no use to her.

Just a suggestion! Anyway, don't let any of this stop you posting Part 3 very soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow really nice CC. I hope you post more soon. I have a habit of Skimming sometimes. But now I am going to go back and read it again so I can understand the two Clarks a little better. Good job. More soon.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
/me grabs Labby's tissues from Missy

Great! Ok, we're not in limbo anymore. This is very good. thumbsup

I loved this part, but my biggest reaction to it was: you're stopping NOW? NO!!!

Post more, please! Soonest! [Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. thumbsup

Is Clark (CK) obsession or he really hear Lois. confused

mad Where is Mr. Wells, is been a month and nothing? mad

More soon, please. Via ASAP. blush

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi CC!

Wow, that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY good! notworthy

There are many excellent lines I'd like to quote, but I won't - or this thread will get almost as long as the story post!

Except for one I can't resist:
“Please.” Clark reached towards her, placing his hand on her shoulder. “We haven’t finished. You have something to tell me. And I want to…need…to hear it. And you can stay, have dinner, I’ll cook. And after we’ll go out onto the terrace while Lana…”

“…does the dishes?!” Lana supplied with venom.
Not a bad idea. laugh

Anyway, this was great. I'm looking forward to reading more.
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Re. Perry, I still find it hard to believe that someone in the editor's office wouldn't be aware that one of the Planet's executive directors is called Perry White (even if he does spend a lot of his time in Barbados - LOL! ) - so how about a different explanation for their not knowing? What if he's very hot on formality and he's only known, below board level, as Mr White? Or perhaps this P. White doesn't use the shortening of his name and prefers to be known as Peregrine White? (Or perhaps both ).
Or the receptionist could've just started and didn't have time to memorize all the names of the editors, especially if one of the isn't at the Planet most of the time anyways.

Just helping in the suggesting department.

BTW, CC, good story.

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey CC -

The plot thickens!
It wasn’t real. He knew it wasn’t, but the dreams came nightly, like a gift to him, making it possible for him to live during the daylight hours. He told no one about them. Not wanting them analyzed or broken down into What They Meant, fearing that close study would stop the magic. If the dreams were a part of the grieving process, or the first symptoms of his losing his mind, he didn’t want to know and didn’t care. What mattered was after a total absence of many weeks, night after night, he slept next to Lois, if only in his own mind.
OK, yes, this part made me reach for the hanky. Poor Clark! My heart is just aching for him.

Clark, however, much like her own Clark might have done, undid all of her masterful work in two words.
rotflol

Seems like Alt Clark has a lot of similarities to real Clark, but he also seems a bit tougher. Loved it when he kicked Lana out (I keep picturing Emily Procter flouncing out of the room <g>!).

I'm so anxious to see how this all unravels. How Lois gets back to her real Clark.

Thanks for the great chapter,
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story and so beautiful smile1 . But I'm so sorry for both Clarks. I hope this ends well thumbsup .

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey CC,

I'm enjoying this a lot. It's intiguing to see yet another universe with lots of similarities, but also some very important changes. Can't wait to see where you're going to take us next. Since Lois belongs with our Clark, she needs to get back. But since this new Clark should have a soulmate too (no, I don't believe it's Lana wink ), where is his Lois??? Please post more!!!

As to the Perry issue, I know from my own experience at a big Dutch newspaper concern that the names of the big suits are known. We talk about those guys, especially the bad decisions they make regarding our work. So even if Perry wouldn't be around at all, his name should ring a bell with most people on the newsfloor.

I think Wendy's suggestion about another first name is entirely possible. Or there's just a new girl answering phone calls and she has no idea yet about the names. Or both. And I've been thinking, we never read that they called the Daily Planet to ask after them, right? They could have just told Lois they didn't excist for some reason.

Anyway, looking forward to the next installment!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

I've just read the first two parts.
WOW! smile1

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Popping back in to say thank you to all who have read and commented. And for the suggestions as per that darn 'Perry White' issue.

This is how I see it: Perry White, who for personal reasons has changed his name to Petunia, now spends 80% of his time in Barbados wearing a wifebeater. <er...another story from another thread> The new receptionist at the Planet had never heard of him- they don't like to talk about him- but it didn't matter, because the staff at the hospital never even tried to call him, since it was past time for their coffee break.

Really, what do you think? Be honest.

No, I'm kidding! (have a pet named Petunia...) But I am grateful to Juliet, Wendy, and Saskia for the good alternatives. And part 3 will be tweaked accordingly, since we do run across Perry fairly soon.

You know, I thought 'Barbados' was just vague enough to cover an absent Perry, but you're right, it isn't. And I am truly glad for the feedback. This is the really cool part, creating something with lots of help.

I knew this place would be totally addictive, but I had no idea how much so.

Thanks again, CC- who wouldn't miss her own coffee break if the world was burning.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Features Writer
Features Writer
Cc,
great part
ditto others
more
merry

Columnist
Columnist
Hi CC,

Just caught up on this story and thought it was great. Very poignant. Can't wait to read more.

Yours Jenni

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard