#68070 12/12/09 04:23 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

I wasn't able to get any writing done this week (not that I had ever thought I would), but if writing goes well this coming week, I'll try to post another chapter mid-week. Of course, this is based on the idea that I'll have time to do so one evening after work, which would mean my DD would go to sleep sometime before midnight one night. So in reality, that's about as likely to happen as pigs flying. But maybe...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aauggh!!!! You're going to leave us with a cliffhanger like this? That goes beyond cruel!
(Anxiously waiting for the next part . . . .)

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
oh no - clark got it and lois is the honorable mention?!
she's not gonna be happy with clark now, although i was doubting clark would really talk to her even though he needs to and knows he's in love with her.
hope you get some sleep!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, the way you wrote it really makes me suspect that Clark got it and Lois will be angry.

Will this prevent him from telling her? Oh, the angst!

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
“Lastly, Lois Lane,” he said, and I glanced at Lois to see her pale. I felt a bit pale as well. “Lastly, Lois Lane,” he had said. So, Lois had gotten the internship. I wasn’t surprised at that, but I hadn’t even warranted a mention? I had thought I had pulled through in the end and written a decent article.
I agree with the others, with this lead it has to have been Clark who got the internship. Oh and Lois is going to be so mad that she will dig into Clark's story in true Mad Dog Lane fashion and she will find out what Clark is hiding.

Delightful, great fun.

BTW any hope that the Nightfall incident could happen just in time to force the boy in black to go public?

Framework4
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can't believe you really did have Clark do the article on himself. This sounds like a real Faustian Bargain, Clark selling hi soul. Or is he actually so depressed that he is trying to commit the Kryptonian-On-Earth equivalent of suicide?

And I doubt his parents are going to tear him limb from limb. Martha is going to be too busy sitting in the waiting room of the ICU, waiting for Jonathan to wake up after his coronary.

Lastly, Clark's musings about Lois and whether she's going to accept him, etc. I think he missed the most important problem he now faces. Lois is most certainly going to accept him for who he is. Only, now he cheated her out of the internship and *that's* going to make her really, really mad once he confesses his deed.

Great chapter and my stomach was in about the same trouble as Clark's when you did the mentioning.

Michael

PS: Lois is so definitely the runner up because Perry wouldn't be so callous as to not give the honorable mentioning. Unless, of course, he got 30 applications instead of just four.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Ack!

Well, you've done a good job of making *me* feel like I'm in that journalism class hanging on Perry's every word. smile

I love that Clark has realized what Lois means to him! I also love that he's not giving up on her. But I really do feel like he cheated on that article. It was different in S1, when Superman was already news, and he wrote about himself. But to connect the dots of the Boy in Black and make it news is cheating. Not that Clark had another choice, I understand. I'm pretty sure it's not going to help his chances with Lois, though.

Hope you get some sleep soon!

Amber

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
My apologies in advance, but I won't be able to reply to feedback today or post the next chapter. Things around here are insanely busy. I'll try to do both before Christmas (I'm hoping for tomorrow night if things go well).

A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Okay, I'm probably about to jinx it, but I think we may have solved the most onerous of the sleep problems - my daughter's complete unwillingness to go to sleep without screaming. She still isn't anywhere near sleeping through the night (and she wakes every half hour from 10-1am or so) and she doesn't fall asleep on her own (putting her down drowsy and awake as the all the books suggest just leads to tears), but at least she's sleeping. If we could lenghthen the bouts of sleeping before 1 so it was worth going to sleep, I'd be much happier, but this is quite a breakthrough.

And it leaves me some time to be online, which is a very nice bonus.

Thank you, as always, for all the comments. I'm sorry I didn't post another chapter, but I never had a chance to get online and now I'm sort of glad that was the case. Writing went very well this week, but as I got the news yesterday that work is really going to pick up in the new year (as someone on my team just quit and I'll be taking over his job in addition to mine until he's replaced), I'm going to have to put writing on this aside for a little while - at least until I finish the ficathon just in case I don't have any time to write in January. So for now, I'm sorry to say I'll be sticking to a chapter a week posting. But I only have another chapter or two to write, so if I can get my ficathon piece done next week, maybe I can finish this the following week before work picks up and then I'll increase the postings.

CM - Sorry for the evil cliffhanger, but I'll try to rectify that soon.

Sarah - Thanks! Yeah, Clark's best of intentions are never enough for him to really come clean, are they?

IolantheAlias - Do you really think there was any chance of Clark telling Lois the truth right now?

Patrick - I've been playing with a more standard rescue for Clark to do - his "coming out" rescue so to speak. That's pretty much what I'm up to in my writing (I say pretty much as I've written in a weird order and wrote the chapter after his "coming out" this week and the chapter after that (which I hope is the last one) started as well, but not finished) and I still haven't decided. So I guess Nightfall is still a possibility. But I'll tell you that I'm leaning more towards something that isn't canon. Not that I have another idea yet...

Michael - Seems more Faustian Bargain than suicidal to me, although I'm not sure why.

And I doubt his parents are going to tear him limb from limb. Martha is going to be too busy sitting in the waiting room of the ICU, waiting for Jonathan to wake up after his coronary.
rotflol

I am a little confused about your PS. Perry did get more like 30 applications than four. The mentions now were just the most impressive of the lot.

Amber - I agree with you - Clark cheated. You'll see Clark come to that realization soon, too. (Well, with a lot of help from Martha.)

If all goes well, I'll post 45 tonight as well. Much better than planned (although I was supposed to finish x-mas shopping tonight and have not).

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard