OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wonderful part. I love the ending. Great part on Lois' internal struggle while they were on the date. I loved that she figured out Caleb's thinking/concerns about telling her who he really is. She wants him to trust her and tell her just like in other stories Clark wanted Lois the love him as Clark.

Hopefully the next part will be soon

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great WAFFY part and progress in the relationship.
More soon.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Merriwether
Merriwether
I really liked this part. I felt so sorry for Clark when Lois mentioned his and Lex's name in the same sentence, then was so relieved -- and proud -- when Lois realized so quickly what she'd done and took steps to repair the damage. I love that she's not angry with him for keeping his secret, but rather keenly aware of how worried he is of being rejected. It makes me really like this Lois, and feel confident that Clark's heart is in good hands. She truly has his best interests at heart, and instead of trying to force the truth out of him, is doing her best to make him feel safe enough to tell her.

I found it a little sad that they can't enjoy dinner and dancing at a fancy restaurant together, though. I'm glad they found a way around it, that Clark found a way to bring "Caleb" back into the mix in Lois's living room. And I hope that Lois's distraction was mainly because she was trying not to let Clark's real name slip out and not because she was turned off by the Clark Kent sophistication -- that wasn't entirely clear to me, especially once she started thinking about how many other women he's dined and danced with.

Because, let's face it, even if Clark Kent isn't a playboy, he surely enjoys dressing up and going to fancy places from time to time. And that's not going to change, nor should it, just because he's also Caleb Knight, farmboy from Kansas. So if Lois continues to be uncomfortable being on his arm at a fancy function, I worry about her ability to really love and support Clark for all that he is. After all, Clark Kent is going to participate in fundraisers and movie premieres and book openings; it's his job and public relations is part of it. He's just going to do it with his steady girlfriend/wife on his arm, not a "beauty of the week".

So I really hope that Lois is able to truly appreciate and enjoy the Clark Kent side of him, as well as the Superman and Caleb Knight sides. Because if she can't, then everything Clark has been worrying about will come true.

More, please! I'm really enjoying seeing this play out!

Kathy smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooo, very nice clap

Their flirting was adorable.

When she came out, dressed not in her comfiest pajamas, but rather in her silkiest long nightgown and matching lacy robe, she found her apartment transformed.
You know, I did suggest to Lois that pajamas might not be the best choice laugh

Wonder what's going to happen about the second identity, the fake Clark Kent. It could end quietly with Lois suggesting he give his real name to the priest, or it could still blow up wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This time I zapped his earpiece with my heat vision. Not only did it short out, it also singed some of his hair in the process. Luckily for him, he took off before I started zapping other parts of him.”
Wow! Don't get Superman mad at you, that's the lesson to be learned here!

You can tell me. I’d love you no matter what your name was. The words formed in her mind, but something kept her from saying them out loud. Some part of her wanted him to tell her himself, because he trusted her, not because she’d figured it out and left him no choice.
I wish I could give as good a feedback about this as Kathy did. But I can't. All I can say is that this part really plucked my heartstrings.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm not up for leaving detailed feedback, but I did want to drop you a line saying that I'm reading with pleasure.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Awww, what a sweet ending! My favorite part was the last line - how he inadvertently reassured her when he said that he'd never wanted to dance with another woman like that.

Amber

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
dance Feedback rocks! dance

Thanks, everyone. This is turning into a longer story than I'd planned (not that I had much of a plan--Queenie wanted to see L&S together, and here we are), so I'm glad you're still with me.

Yes, the Clark Kent identity is going to have to be dealt with. Clark isn't really a playboy, but he really is rich and he really is famous. Lois deserves to know what she's signing up for. Luckily, she does, but Clark doesn't know that. I don't think he's thought much about what life will look like after Caleb and Clark merge.

Part 20 coming up. laugh

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bump smile

I'm sending the last part off to the beta readers. Depending on their free time and the need for rewrites, we're almost there.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
She’d mentioned Lex Luthor and Clark Kent in the same breath. That said a lot, Clark thought, about her opinion of Clark Kent.
Uh oh. This isn't good.

You might not notice if you only watched the movies, but if you actually read his books you’d see how much he cares about people. He likes to pretend that he’s some shallow play-boy, but I’m not buying the act. There’s more to Clark Kent than meets the eye. I don’t know why he’s afraid to let it show.
Nice recovery. I hope it will be enough...

“Maybe he’s like Superman,”
Oooh...You're treading *very* close to telling her Kal El/ Clark / Caleb/ Superman / whatever your undercover nom du jour happens to be. ;-) (How *can* he keep all of his identities straight?)

Just not tonight.
"Not tonight, dear; I have a headache" take on a totally different meaning here! wink But it is also frustrating to the other party involved...

“I’ve never danced with anyone like this,” he whispered in her ear. “Until I met you, I never wanted to.”
Awww... What a wonderfully WAFFy note to end the part on. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard