Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

I know this is a little short. The next part is in serious rewrite mode, and I didn't want to make you wait until I'd wrestled it into submission. Besides, Bob tells me it's too mind-twisting to throw in with something else; it needs to stand alone. How's that for a teaser? :p

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice part. Nigel's up to his old tricks for The Boss. More soon.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great! Can't wait for the next instalment!!! hyper

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Update!
She’d been leaning against the railing of the newsroom ramp, but she stood up, adjusting her tight black v-neck sweater with a little tug at its hem. His eyes couldn’t help but follow from the neck-line to the hips to the purple miniskirt which barely covered the top of a shapely pair of legs.
She's knew, isn't she? And what's with the violet eyes? Is she a man-eating demon? And ever since Hitchcock used the name Marnie, it makes me wonder in a fictional character. Hmm... maybe I'm the troubled one, thinking she's trouble.

“I’m sorry; I haven’t even introduced myself properly. I’m Marnie Wilcox.”
Definitely a new face. And what's her purpose since this story doesn't strike me as having a Jimmy Olson's love life subplot?

“That’s why I need you,” he countered. “Not many of those women would be strong-willed enough to get yelled at by Superman and yell right back.”
*snoooooooooooort*

She was unapologetic on that point. “Hey, a girl’s got to be prepared for contingencies. Invisibility is a huge advantage for a reporter. Don’t tell me that you wouldn’t use every advantage you had if you were in my shoes.”
Something that struck me the last time, I think. What would happen if Clark put on the invisibility suit? An invisible Superman. hyper

So, next? Please? /adds cherry/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So Lex is spying on Lois Lane! Hmm, this can't be good! I didn't go back and re-read the previous 17 chapters - does Lex still have a thing for Lois here, or is he only interested in her due to her connection to Superman?

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It's not clear that Lex has a 'thing' for Lois Lane. Mostly Lex is perplexed. First Lois makes this big scene at the White Orchid Ball, obviously trying to get an interview with Lex. Then Superman shows up and Lois loses all interest in everything and everyone else. Up to this point we're mostly in line with cannon. Because this Lois is busy interviewing Clark Kent and then chasing down Superman and persuing the Messenger investigation by herself (remember she doesn't have Clark at work), she never tracks down Lex for an interview. Then she publishes the definitive Superman interview and Lex starts calling *her* for an interview, but she's not available (because she's already got a date with Superman, though Lex doesn't know that). Lex is not used to being turned down for a date, even if it is in the guise of an interview, so at this point I think it's mostly an ego thing--who the heck is so important to Lois Lane that she doesn't have time for *me*?

And, since he's The Boss, he has minions to spare and can therefore afford to use some of them to satisfy his idle curiosity. evil

Glad to see that FoLCs are still reading. I'm aiming for Friday for the next part.

Michael, honestly, I pulled the name "Marnie" out of a hat (metaphorically, not literally). I wasn't even sure it was a real name. Spellcheck doesn't recognize it. wink

Merriwether
Merriwether
Bwa ha ha, Marnie is very good at her job and Jimmy is too hormonal to realize he's been had. I knew from the moment she teased out Caleb's last name that she'd go right to Luthor with the info. And she even got Lois to divulge her plans for the evening. Nice twist.

(ETA: I didn't know that Hitchcock used the name Marnie in a story, but I once had a college roommate with that name. It's definitely a real name!)

I caught up with the last few parts of this story today and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a little nervous that you're out of buffer (and I know all too well the havoc real life can play on writing!) so I'm sending you good muse and good free-time vibes so you can keep making progress on it.

I like how you're starting to move us through the early S1 episodes; it's a nice way to give the story structure and also to see how things play out differently in this universe. I also like how confident Lois is about asking Caleb to spy for her -- clearly she's figured out by now that this is exactly how Clark Kent gets his best information when he's undercover. It's fun to have it all out in the open with them.

She hasn't told him that she knows his real name yet (though I like the point he makes about the person she knows is his real self, no matter how many names he uses) but at this point, that almost feels like a formality because of how close they are and how well they interact. After all, once Clark learns that Lois figured out his real name during their second date, and it didn't change how she felt about him or treated him, he'll have nothing to worry about on that front. Other than the obvious implications of how to "come out" as Clark Kent and letting everyone know the playboy image was just a front, of course.

I love how Lois is already picking out paint colors for Caleb's house -- they have both been so domesticated, LOL -- and I especially loved the in-air fight after he rescued her from the bank vault. This Superman is so much more matter-of-fact and confident about the rescues he performs (which is incredibly attractive) but throw Lois-in-danger into the mix, and he naturally loses it. Yet instead of holding it inside or getting passive-aggressive like the show's S1 Clark, Caleb is willing to throw his cards on the table right up front and let her know exactly how he feels. Major, serious swoon.

This looks to me like it's shaping up to be an epic. And I'm greatly looking forward to more!

Kathy

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, Kathy, you're so encouraging!

Part 19 will go up tomorrow. Bob tells me we've fixed the major mind-twisties, which is good, because aparrently his head was in imminent danger of exploding.

I'll see what I can do to get Part 20 drafted tonight. laugh

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Poor Jimmy. I didn't realize he was being played by a naughty girl. I knew she was coming onto him, and I knew she was pumping him for info, but somehow I just thought she was a gossip. I must be losing my edge. Poor, poor Jimmy.

Elisabeth
who doesn't think anybody will buy the line that Superman was in a hurry because Lois asked for an interview

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yeah, he's got to learn to be more careful when he's in the Suit.

Part 19 coming right up. smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bump smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Heh, all that debate about if Marnie was a real name when there is one on these very boards (sometimes)... laugh

Marns AKA Bumpkin AKA Marnie Rowe
~pN

Marns
~pobody's nerfect

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard