Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback goes here. We are moving along!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Firstly, I like the song and I was humming along with it as I read it!

Martha isn't here in this AU - it's good that Clark has someone who's prepared to make the Suit. I would think that Rita's natural shock and surprise would be muted by the fact that this is her foster brother who she's known for sixteen years. I'm still wondering more about her reaction - is it going to hit her late at night when she falls asleep?

And the last line.....ominous forebodings that kryptonite is soon to be discovered...

Top Banana
Top Banana
I hope someone is going to pick up on the line from the song and change his name to Superman. I suppose it isn't really any less--arrogant?--than Heroman. We're just used to it.

So, Sam Lane has a job that Lois doesn't know about? Does Ellen know? Or is he pulling a 'True Lies' on his entire family?

I was wondering what would make this Clark go public, given how adept he was at using his powers without getting caught. You've come up with a completely different rationale for Superman. Very interesting.

The Clark in this story feels a lot less confident than the one in the first installment. I think the whole Nightfall/Heroman idea has really thrown him for a loop. That, and worries about his girlfriend and her father. Talk about a triangle. eek

This *is* my happily ever after.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback!
Iolanthe - glad you enjoyed it. Yes, Rita took it quite easily because she's used to following Pete and Clark around. She and Clark are the same age, but he hung with Pete and she followed them as much as she wanted to and then switched to girly stuff in her teenage years. Also she's a tad smitten by her brother, who isn't genetically related to her. And he just absolutely proved that.
HG:
I hope someone is going to pick up on the line from the song and change his name to Superman. I suppose it isn't really any less--arrogant?--than Heroman. We're just used to it.
Oh, yeah. Guess who?
Sam Lane's family knows he's still an Admiral and that he's somewhere in intelligence. What they don't know is that he's running the whole shebang and is Clark's boss to boot. Trust me, this is very common in the military and in intelligence. The family doesn't know what the job is in general, let alone any details.
The Clark in this story feels a lot less confident than the one in the first installment. I think the whole Nightfall/Heroman idea has really thrown him for a loop. That, and worries about his girlfriend and her father. Talk about a triangle
Yep, he's out of his comfort zone and the news of Nightfall has thrown him for a loop. He might be seeking comfort of another kind!
Thanks for the feedback!
cool
Artemis

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun part! I never expected Rita to not know. evil And the sibling interaction had rotflol

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Glad you enjoyed the part Michael. Bite your tongue about Lana. Rita's not like her. I purposely don't have a Lana because of Smallville.
Well, that sounds a bit harsh, I'm semi-joking. But that is why there is no Lana in this AU.
Anyway, what red-blooded sister wouldn't notice a handsome "older brother." Not that Clark is older, but he palled around with Pete.
Notice that now Clark has practice revealing his abilities to someone!
cool
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's true. But he's not been in-love with either of them huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
smile1 Good point. That does up the ante.
cool
Artemis

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was a fun part. I know I'm going to have that I Need a Hero song running through my head all the rest of the day today.

The reveal to Rita was good. I'm glad that his sister didn't freak out at what he showed her. This Clark may have lost Martha and Jonathan, but he has a great family to support him. I hope the success of his reveal to Rita will give him confidence to be more willing to share that with Lois.

Finally, I love this bit:
Somewhat mollified, Clark turned back to the mirror. “I still don’t know about the cape. Is it too long?”

“Well, historically, the cape is usually mid-calf like yours. Too short, it’s a capelet and won’t cover um…the essentials.
rotflol

Bob

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bob, thanks for the feedback.
I hope the success of his reveal to Rita will give him confidence to be more willing to share that with Lois.
Exactly! You got it!
cool
Artemis

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“For the outside. Otherwise you’ll have a gaping hole in the front where you don’t want it to be.” She didn’t voice the thought, ‘Unless you can hold it all day. Maybe you can.’
OH MY GOSH, how did I never make that connection with the red shorts?

Obviously I'm not a man, nor have I ever dressed one… laugh

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, this is a surprise! Someone is reading my story again. With regard to the shorts, yes it is true. Thank you for reading.
cool
Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard