Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I was debating whether to make this one part or two, mostly because I am now completely out of buffer (but not out of ideas). Since I couldn't post earlier this week, you get one long part tonight. The next part will be up when it's written and beta'd. laugh

BTW, I'm assuming for the purposes of these boards that we are all familiar with the show, and therefore that you will know which lines I have shamelessly cut-and-pasted from the scripts. I'll put a propper acknowledgment in the notes when this goes to the archive.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thumbsup smile Great part. Yes, I recognize the lines from the show. Great view from just Caleb's and Lois' side. More soon!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I loved it and I love this unique twist to the story while still remaining true

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Have chili your way, every way

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*SQUEE!!!*

Sorry I can't give a more articulate review, except to say I love this part! drool

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part, your story is really amazing and captivating !
I like the way Caleb reacted when he scooped her up in the air to tell how scared he was to lose her ! I am glad he tells her that he loves her !

I am eager to read the next part !!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“How did you ever find this place? I mean, if I could fly I might look for pizza in New York or Chicago, but never Tegucigalpa.”
Extra points for mentioning Tegucigalpa! (I wonder how many fics in the archive mention it....probably not a lot.) You always hear about Metropolis or Gotham City - never Tegucigalpa!

“Super speed and ready cash are both big time savers.”
As someone who has done her share of moving, painting, decorating, and remodeling, I just about fell off my chair laughing. I only wish that I had super-speed and super amounts of cash.

"You aren’t going to get false papers for Caleb Knight, are you? You know that would be illegal.”
Have Lois get it. She knows guys who know guys. (Of course, it's still illegal...)

Lois scanned the choices quickly and pulled one of the swatches out of the pile. Handing the square of material to Clark with a decisive nod, she said, “This one. I smell coffee.”
I love this. It's so Lois.

said you told him to hold any calls that weren’t about the invisible man or Superman.” He leaned closer and said quietly, “It’s nice to know at least one of me still makes the cut.”
You know, I really love this fic for these piquant little lines that just pop up.

“You don’t have any siblings, do you?”

He had a feeling she was going somewhere with this line of questioning, but he couldn’t imagine where.
Lois - wondering if Clark Kent has a sibling? If she's misled by family resemblance?

“And second, my true identity is who I am with you. Whether I’m dressed as Caleb Knight or Superman or anyone else doesn’t matter.”
Aww. Just aww...

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark came all the way into the kitchen and hugged his mom goodnight. On his way out he turned back to add, “I may be bringing a houseguest home, so don’t wander around without your robe tonight.”

“Clark, don’t feel that you need to stay here for my sake. If you’d rather stay at Lois’s…”
hyper

In less than a minute, he was certain that Lois was nowhere in the vicinity. Unless…she wouldn’t have, would she? Oh, yes, she might have.
Well, duh!

Lois was opening her mouth to protest when he shocked her into silence. “What the hell did you think you were doing?!” he shouted.

The shock and its accompanying silence were short lived. With a pointed glare at his hands on her waist, she matched him glare for glare. “I was about to ask you the same question. Since when does Superman kidnap innocent civilians in broad daylight?”

“Since he needs to have a shouting match with his irresponsibly reckless girlfriend, that’s when! Would you rather we have this out in front of the entire press corps?”
wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ignoring the two guards and Alan Morrison, Superman caught Lois in his arms, barely stopping himself from kissing her in relief.
Heh. I've always thought that about the way Clark acted/looked when he broke through the vault wall and took Lois in his arms. No wonder Lois had a crush on his super-ego.

And we have declarations of love and more smoochies. /me sighs in WaFFy bliss.

Eagerly awaiting the next post.
Brenda

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you everyone! Feedback keeps me going when RL and the story are conspiring to make be bang my head on the wall. Not to worry, though. It's just a little rough patch. It will get easier soon. (Famous last words.) wallbash

Part 18 coming right up. smile

Kerth
Kerth
It's late here, so my FDK won't be particularly well thought out, but I wanted to let you know I'm still reading and very much enjoying this fic.

Going back a few parts, I loved it when Lois was telling Caleb the rules and he said he was glad he didn't work with her. I like this a-little-less-straight-laced Caleb/Clark.

The meeting between Martha and Lois was great - when they met and worked together with him not even being there.

And the end of Part 17 when Superman admits he loves Lois smile1 - though I don't think he planned to actually admit it yet.

Great story!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Corrina! I'm glad you're along for the ride. It's turning out to be much longer than I had anticipated, but I think you can relate to that. wink

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
bump. And yes, this is definitely way longer than I had anticipated. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awwwww. sweet

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard