Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol Oh, that was just fabulous. A taxi mix up and a confrontation in front of the restaurant and Superman shows up! Just great. Keep it coming. More smoochies!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loving this story! I like the way that both women addressed him. Martha couldn't call him 'Clark', but there was no way she would call him 'Caleb' either. So she only addressed him as 'honey'.

I also like that Martha saw that Lois was interested in her son as a person, not just as a superhero. smile

I'm sure how Martha helped the boy came as no surprise to Lois, given that this was Superman's mom. It's easy to see where he got his compassion from. laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Superman *is* planning to stay in Metropolis, isn’t he?” Martha asked.

She watched as Lois and Clark exchanged glances, the meaning of which only the two of them knew. It looked to her like there was also some under-the-table hand-holding going on.

After a moment of this silent communication, Clark smiled widely and replied, “Yes. He’s staying.”
Ooh! *squees*

Lois had a hunch who the child’s protector might be, but, whether she was Martha Kent or someone else, Lois wasn’t about to let her get pushed around by the bully who had already slugged his now-ex-girlfriend.
and

Just as Lois was about to introduce herself to the woman she was almost sure was Martha Kent, Caleb came jogging up to the pair.
How does Lois know that it's *Martha Kent*? Surely she just thinks that the woman is Caleb's mother?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How does Lois know that it's *Martha Kent*? Surely she just thinks that the woman is Caleb's mother?
If I may answer for HG...
That's because Lois figured out that Caleb was Clark Kent when she was with him at dinner in Italy. It's common knowledge who Clark Kent's parents are because Clark is a famous author.
Hope this helps
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks. I forgot that Lois figured it out.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
*Waffy sigh* ^_^

This was a nice part, Hap! laugh I love the whole bit with the taxi and Trevor and Kristy and...it was nice. blush

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark did his best imitation of the reader’s deep, stentorian tones. “’Be still, and know that I am God!’” he quoted. He laughed at the little boy’s misunderstanding. ”That was what the boy asked his mother; ‘Is that really God?’ I’m sure he thought the Lord of Heaven had come down in person just to tell him to stop wiggling in church .”
clap And I’m not even going to post what I *thought* caused the little boy to suddenly behave. What was I even thinking? clap

Given what had passed between them earlier in front of the hotel, Lois had a hunch who the child’s protector might be
Only Lois… clap Angst and fun in the same part clap Hope to see more, soon

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, even the stealing of a cab, delightful.

Framework4
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I could have sworn that I left feedback for this part before, but I must have imagined it.

The meeting with Martha was everything I wanted. Lois was a rude city-woman, Clark was called away on an emergency, Martha was a protective mama-bear and then Lois showed everyone that she could take control of the situation, kick some bad-guy butt and still get the story. laugh I'm glad Lois and Martha were able to end up friends.

I loved the anecdote about the little boy in church. lol

So, I noticed that it's Thursday, but we didn't get our Wednesday serving. Please post soon and help us starving fanfic junkies out.

Brenda

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes! I'm addicted to this story! More, please!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, everybody! I had to go out of town suddenly and the hotel internet connection was wonky. I'm back now, off to check Bob and Carol's comments on Part 17 and see how much rewriting it needs. It's good to know I was missed. laugh

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
bump smile

Part 31 is getting long. I'd better finish this baby up pretty soon. laugh

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
“’Be still, and know that I am God!’”
dizzy

There was a screech of tires, a chorus of screams, and a sickening thud.
Oh my. I hadn't expected the argument or the physical abuse, but I *really* hadn't expected this. I had figured that Superman would swoop in at the last second to pull the lady out of harm's way.

“Don’t you lay a finger on that child.”
You go, Martha!

“Oh, no you don’t. Back off, buster.”
That's gotta redeem her in Martha's sight.

“Dear Ms. Nichols, Your son, Trevor, is a very brave young man. It was a pleasure to meet him. I am sorry to hear of your injuries. I wish you a speedy recovery. Sincerely, Superman.”
Awww. What a nice note!

“Really? I hadn’t heard.” Martha threw her son a pointed look.
Oops. blush Open mouth, insert foot, Lois!

It looked to her like there was also some under-the-table hand-holding going on.
Looking forward to part 17.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard