Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ann, I've been thinking about the time/space travel issue you brought up. I think in this universe it must work differently. That's because the whole NK ark in the show presupposes that time on Earth and time on NK run pretty much in parallel, including travel between the two. Otherwise Nor and his crew couldn't have shown up so soon after Zara and Ching, and the entire plan of Clark going to NK to rule 'temporarily' would never have worked. As you point out, by the time Zara and Ching brought Kal-El back to NK, the entire civil war would be over and they would be meeting the distant descendants of the current leadership.

We already know that the laws of physics are different. No one in our world would be able to fly due to greater molecular density. :rolleyes:

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael Good point, Michael. Just because we as readers got a glimpse into Nor's mind doesn't mean Lois and Kal know that.

When Nor died, so did some of his secrets.

Kathy I did actually try to plot coming chapters, and decided on about 38. I'm still not sure how much I'll fill in between the ending and the epilogue.

However, I am diabolically bad at predicting length. When I sent the first part to Iolanthe, my estimation was 18 parts. blush

Thanks for your enthusiasm!! smile1

Ann OK the whole superpowers and hiatus thing.

This is how it was meant to come across - I'm too lazy to go back now and check, but I will when I edit it.

1) Southern scientists developed hiatus as a means of limiting a criminal's exposure to other like-minded people during prison terms. And, it allowed them to do dubious experiments (Kal doesn't know this bit, but it was revealed in Nor's flashback).

2) An unexpected side effect of hiatus was that the body became invulnerable - while in hiatus (but reverted back once out of hiatus).

3) Ked and Nor used this fact as an (untruthful) explanation of why Kal was put in hiatus - as protection during the dangers of moving from one planet to another.

So yes, Kal thinks he was invulnerable for a time, but so was everyone else unfortunate enough to be sentenced to a time in hiatus.

I hope this is clearer now. When I edit, I'll make sure there is less confusion.

So Kal has travelled from Krypton to Earth to New Krypton, and now he is about to go to the Earth again. Talk about zipping and zapping this way and that back and forth in space!
Lois certainly travelled from Earth to New Krypton in a ridiculously short time.

As for your other point about a takeover - there's an explantion coming for that.

However, I did say, right at the start, that the premise of this fic was scientifically weak, if not impossible. wink

I needed Lois and Kal together on NK. I was more interested in the story of what happened then than how she actually got there.

Thanks, Ann.

HappyGirl Thanks for your comments.
There are many things, even in canon, that make no sense, but I'm not scientific enough to let them ruin a story. cool

Corrina.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard