Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67657 11/22/09 03:49 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
"There have always been so many wonderful sights I've wanted to take you to see, but we never had the time. Well we've got the time now. What do you say, Lois. Do you want to see the world... with me?"
I liked this ending a lot. Yes, L&C have had terrible things happen. Yes, they weren't there for each other. Yes, they've suffered for three years. But nothing is out of reach, they have a chance, they can forgive and move on. Sometimes that's more of a victory than any Superman rescue.

Well written, Tank.

#67658 11/22/09 04:50 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
clap clap clap
Well done. Delightful.

Framework4
#67659 11/22/09 06:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well done and this time Clark gets the hair cut. Good job. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#67660 11/22/09 06:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. I believe this calls for a sequel. eek

Funnily enough, I didn't even need the angst warning; I just took one look at the link and thought "Hm, a Tank fic. Do I want to read angst today?" wink Still, this wasn't too bad; I didn't lose my will to live, nor do we need a "repair job" of any kind. Yes, a lot of crap happened to Lois and Clark, but now they're back together. They can move on. smile

I guess what I'm saying is, this fic is just right. laugh

ETA: It just hit me like a ton of bricks that the first fic Tank posts a warning about is probably the least angsty (all things considered) thing he's ever written. Am I mistaken here, or is this Tank's subtle way of making a funny? <_<

~•~
#67661 11/23/09 02:16 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
here I was bracing myself, and this actually left me feeling happy!

#67662 11/23/09 08:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not as sanguine as Joy. The end is redemptive and hopeful, but these two still have a *lot* of grief to work through. I have no doubt that they will end up helping each other heal, but neither of them will ever be the same as they were before.

But that's the way real life is--losses happen that can never be made up. We all admire Lois and Clark for the risks they take to fight injustice, but, in a world where the happy ending is guaranteed, the risk is illusory. Every once in a while it's good to be faced with how things could have gone very wrong indeed.

As long as it's not a steady diet. wink

This *is* my happily ever after.
#67663 11/23/09 12:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
The ending made it worth getting through the gruesome bits.

I found Lois's reaction to her guilt to be the most fascinating part. I read the fic yesterday and thought about it through the day.

At first, I thought it was OTT - she cannot logically be blamed for giving in to such reprehensible torture.

Then you brought in the pride aspect - which fitted so well with the character of Lois as we know her and also provided a reasonable basis for why she would feel such responsibility.

Lois tried to find a way to be in control - and, so she thinks now, that was her great mistake.

I loved Jennifer! Yes! Someone who just cuts through the garbage and helps them see they are going round and round in a totally unhelpful circle.

Great story, Tank.

Corrina.

#67664 11/25/09 12:10 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to the gentle readers who tried this little fic out. Normally I wouldn't have even bothered with any sort of warning since neither Lois nor Clark died in this fic.

But given the response to Terry's recent fic, I thought it prudent to give some sort of 'bummer' warning to indicate that there was an unpleasant set up for the short.

Of course, being the softie that I am, I caved and allowed Lois and Clark to live happily ever after... kind of.

Tank (who has a few other nasty scenarios for Lois on his back burner)

#67665 11/29/09 05:01 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A very tankish story, Tank clap And there was humor, too.
Jennifer got up from the corner of the desk. "Okay then, I'll make excuses to the staff as to why there will be no budget meeting." She walked over and opened the door. "I'll expect your resignation on my desk by the end of the week."
The way you unfolded Lois's history, you had me imagine all sort's of terrible things had happened, so when I read that Clark was still alive, I was actually surprised. After all, why wasn't he with her? confused And he even managed to keep on being Superman, didn't take bloody vengeance on Intergang, now that he had lost everything, etc, etc. huh

Michael

PS: So are you going to give us a sequel with Clark's side?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#67666 11/29/09 03:10 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, I did sort of cover Clark's side by stating that he had been looking for Lois, but she had so effectively dropped off the radar that he couldn't find her.

Now you might find that hard to believe, but Clark had virtually nothing to go on. When he finally got up the courage to see her at the hospital she was already gone.

He had no clue as to where she might have went, and he couldn't be sure about her feelings since he was feeling the guilt over not rescueing her.

There are a lot of people in the world, and even a Superman can't look everywhere. Now I know that there are super computer/government ways to try and find someone through social security and credit cards, but lets just say that Lois was aware of those and found a way around them. After all is was only a short.

Tank (who has no interest in Clark's part of the story since it would involve him without Lois)

#67667 05/23/10 07:50 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Just re-read this since it hit the archive. Great fun. As for why it took him three years, well I'm sure it was only a part time search.

Knowing Clark he first had to work through the "After all I let happen to her she'll never want to see me" blues.

Plus I am sure that everyone who hurt Lois, his parents, and the Daily Planet staff was made to really wish they had left her alone.

I can picture him working his way through the chain to grab amass evidence that would stand up in court.

Really dumb move on the part of Intergang.

So with wallowing in guilt, digging up the dirt and super rescues, he could only spend a small amount of time looking for Lois.

Framework4
#67668 05/24/10 06:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved the WAFFy ending. I also cringed at the mention of Lois's hands and what had been done to them. I play the piano and the guitar -- I can imagine what that must feel like. A writer with a smashed hand is just... ouch. frown Poor Lo-Lo. mecry

Just got married (21st June 2010).

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard