Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well? Do we buy that Lois might figure Caleb out but not tell him so? What do you think?

Feedback welcome. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love it and I love her reasoning for not telling him. I love how she reasoned through it all

"Lois would help him find the man that Clark could be happy to be."

As always Lois totally understands Clark/Caleb/Superman at a level no one else does

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, it works for me. smile I'm glad she figured it out as quickly as she did. Any longer would have sold her short (since she is Lois Lane, and Lois-Lane-the-natural-investigator knows that both Caleb Knight and Clark Kent are hiding their true identities, so she's going to be aware) but at the same time, it all felt like a very natural progression for her to clue in. So good pacing and plotting there. thumbsup

And I completely buy her reason for keeping her discovery to herself for the time being. Caleb made it clear he was happy to have an identity without baggage, so this really is the best of both worlds -- Lois gets to put things together in her own mind without being upset at him for keeping his name from her, while Caleb gets to relax and enjoy his anonymity without feeling pressured to come clean. It actually might even help their relationship develop, since Lois can stop looking for clues and just enjoy what they have together. smile

I'm still getting an ominous feeling about Luthor and what he might be up to; I can't wait to see where things will go from here on that front.

BTW, Caleb's slip of the tongue was hilarious! I laughed out loud, both at what he said and his reaction. Very cute. I think Clark's "party boy" experience has been incorporated into his true self a little more than he'd realized, LOL.

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm loving this Lois, so understanding without the big melt down.
Great job. Cant wait for new part

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just caught up with this great story! Very, very nice. Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois put it together cool And Now she has got to torture Clark. Not Caleb. Clark. If only he hadn't left town already smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my God! How could she have been so blind? She’d spent an entire evening with him, before Superman was even invented. His face had been staring at her from the book on her nightstand for a week. She’d seen him just the night before—from a distance, the rat! And all those clues he’d dropped, whether he meant to or not—how could he not have expected her to figure it out?
I'm glad that she figured it out quickly. It didn't take her two years like the Lois in the show. *snerk*

"It’s a pretty exclusive club.” And every other member of it was paired up, Lois realized. There were Mr. and Mrs. Kent, Mr. and Mrs. Ross, and Clark, the center of the circle but also the lone single person in it.
Aww! And it's true! And kind of sad.

“First off, remember Rule Number Two? Never get involved in your stories? That would imply Sub-rule Number Two-A: Never date the bad guy."
I started laughing really hard at that line.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, everyone, for the feedback. smile

I'm glad you all bought my reasoning on Lois figuring Caleb out. I hope it doesn't ruin the Lois/Superman effect for Queenie. I think they can still have plenty of superpowered fun together.

Michael, just because Clark Kent has left town doesn't mean he's completely out of range for Lois Lane. evil

Now that I've thrown a complete wrench in the givens of Season One--Clark working at the Planet, Lois hero-worshipping Superman, Lex causing Lois to lose all common sense--I have to figure out where they go from here and how this story wraps up in a satisfying way after we have some fun exploring the Dating Superman possibilities. So if the posting pace slows down a little, it's because I've hit the 'okay, I got them together--now what?' stage.

Part 15 is back to the betas for rewrites. It should go up tomorrow. Thursday is Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., so Part 16 may have to wait until next week. After that, it may be closer to 2 parts/week rather than 3. If I can go that long without feedback--it is rather addicting. wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No, it's not ruined, Hap. laugh
I admit to going "Aww frown " just a little bit, but you worked it in quite nicely in a way that makes sense and enhances the story. ^^ Now, Ironically, I'm waiting for Lois to tell him everything. *g*

This fic is full of good things. laugh I know I've been sparse in commenting due to RL issues, but I'm still following along, waiting with bated breath for each new chapter. smile
Keep 'em coming, Hap! grovel

~•~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bump. And look, it's Thanksgiving again--only took a year. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard