OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Evil, evil, evil! Get back here with the next part real soon.

Other than the ending I enjoyed this part. It is nice to see Lois trusting Caleb about Lex Luthor. Will they be investigating together?

Now get back here with the next part.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
What is this, cliffhanger week?!?!

So far, a fabulous date...Caleb/Clark's story is beginning to be revealed, bit by bit. I don't think it's going to take Lois very long to figure it out. Provided she hasn't just been shot or something!!

Seriously, get back here!

smile Amber

Kerth
Kerth
Nah, she's definitely figured it out. No doubt there.

Cool story, keep it coming.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, that was fun! thumbsup

Oh, but so funny with the conversation about his leather jacket. You must have looked at my comment in the last thread and really laughed. We had the Vulcan Mind Meld thing going there for a minute. lol

C'mon, Friday!

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois would have to be blind not to figure him out now, but I'm still hoping she hasn't--that you'll come up with some evil way to distract her from his last comment. I loved every bit of the description of the date so far, especially Lois's jealousy! And I think I like the name Enzo more than Caleb, even though it means she could start calling him Cal.

Thanks for a great part! clap

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's late and I have not much energy left for long FDK, but I had real fun reading.

Lois’s entire body jerked and her wine glass toppled over into her lap.
I freely admit that until I checked the FDK thread, I had no idea what happened to Lois. And I'm still not convinced that *that's* the correct response for figuring it out.

“Oh? And when did you last see her?”

Caleb looked confused for just a moment, then a knowing smile spread over his face. “That would be four years ago. You know, when I was twenty-three and she was fourteen.”

“Oh. So she was more like a kid sister.” Lois wished her sense of relief wasn’t quite so obvious.
So jealous. After all, she already estimated Antonia to be 19, tops, so Caleb really shouldn't have had anything going with her either way.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm starting to think that last line needs some editing.

How about "Lois's eyes went wide and her wine glass toppled into her lap."

I think I'm going with that one. Nobody's been shot. eek

Ah, the magic powers of the edit button.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yes, Kathy, I was tickled that you caught the little detail about Caleb's jacket being left behind. wave

Michael, maybe Lois shouldn't be worried about a 27 yr. old and a 19 yr. old, but emotions aren't rational. And 27/19 is not quite as untenable as 23/14. At least in the U.S., a 19 y.o. is legally an adult (except for drinking alcohol, which is the only thing you have to be 21 to do). Fourteen, on the other hand, is definitely still childhood.

I see we have competing desires about Lois figuring out Caleb's secret identity. Do we want a Lois and Clark story or a Lois and Caleb story? I think Kathy's right that Caleb needs a little more substance to him and Clark provides some of that. But Queenie wanted to see Lois and Superman together, not Lois and Clark. Read on to see whether my solution works for you.

Part 14 coming right up.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, I was going more with that from the context, it was logical to assume that it had not just been last month that he had last been there, but a year or two, so it would have been more like a mid-twen going out with a high school student. B but maybe that's just a reader in-the-know reading too much into it wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
His name is Nigel St. John.
Yipes! But I would have thought that Nigel/Lex would have employed a more skillful tail -- unless, for some reason, the tail was given instructions to let himself be spotted?

And "Caleb" really is dropping hints left and right -- He did not grow up in the city, he is well off financially, and he apparently lived in Florence for a while. <Skip to the end of the part...> Wow! And then there is the ultimate hint:

{QUOTE]I just used a local name, spoke the local language, and people saw what they expected to see.”[/QUOTE]

And to judge by Lois' reaction, the penny finally dropped for her. I can't wait to read more in part 14!

“Your name is Enzo?”

Caleb leaned close and whispered, “Only in Florence.”
I think he has more names than Gandalf!

Caleb ordered a dish of Fettuccine Alfredo as well.
I wonder whether pasta has the same effect on Caleb as it does on the show's Clark? wink

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard