Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

You'll get the rest of the date on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how fast my buffer is growing.

This *is* my happily ever after.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
What fun! That sounds like typical Lois Lane - faking a date to ditch a tail!

Caleb is very interesting. He's not really like canon Clark at all. It's a fascinating look at an aspect of Clark's personality that isn't often explored.

Definitely looking forward to the date and the conversation about the tail...Wednesday pretty please! smile

Amber

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Wonderful, fun and waffy. I loved it

Kathy

www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, to do before going off to bed when a new part is posted? Well, leave FDK. Duh!

Was this occasion casual enough for jeans?
If they’re tight enough wink

Skirt…skirt…dress…oh, my. Did she dare? She knew she had the figure to pull it off, but would Caleb be interested or shocked? With a decisive nod, she decided that a man who regularly appeared in public wearing briefs on the outside of his tights had no cause for complaint.
At least it’s not a cliffhanger… But I still have no idea what she found. And can’t wait to finding out.

Please don’t let it be Caleb calling to cancel! She picked up the phone and answered as casually as she could.

“Hello?”

“Lois? It’s Caleb.”
dizzy

“Hi. I’m all ready. Did you want to come in for a minute, or do we need to get going?”

“There’s no rush. I’d love to see your apartment.”
Okay, so, not a too crazy outfit. Or too breathtaking.

Lois gave him her hand and, as he shook it, he pulled her forward to leaned in to kiss her cheek.
What now?
As his lips left her face he pulled her even closer and whispered, “Play along.”
laugh

When their lips parted, she grinned up at him and said. “Now I’m ready.”
Fun chase-scene and I can’t believe that Clark spilled soda on the floor. Even if it’s the same thing everybody else is doing.

Looking forward to Wednesday!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved it! hyper Can't think of anything else to say, except please don't make us wait too long for the next part.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved the chase scene! Caleb is very handy for Lois to have around when she's ditching a tail. Being able to see through walls and hear from far away is definitely a plus! I liked the fact that while waiting for Caleb, Lois chose to read a Clark Kent novel. smile

Michael, Lois' outfit is mentioned.

“By the way,” his eyes made an appreciative trip down past her hips to where her long red sweater ended and her tight black stirrup pants showed off every curve of her legs, “I like your outfit.”
He is giving away SO many clues to Lois. Telling her that he is not originally from Metropolis, but he was here on an assignment? It seems like part of him wants her to figure it out.

Looking forward to Wednesday, hopefully! laugh

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
Merriwether
Merriwether
“Oh?” Lois said, a smile plastered on her face. “You mean I shouldn’t march straight downstairs and pull the guy’s spleen through his nostril? Because that’s what I’d really like to do. Coffee?”
LOL, I can just hear her saying this in a exaggeratedly chipper voice. Perfect!

“By the way,” his eyes made an appreciative trip down past her hips to where her long red sweater ended and her tight black stirrup pants showed off every curve of her legs, “I like your outfit.”
Oh, 90's, I enjoyed you so much ... and I wore plenty of stirrup pants and long sweaters to work on "business casual" days and looked oh so chic. Now stirrup pants are starting to show up in the stores again and my teenager daughter looks at them with abject horror. LOL!

(Do Lois and Caleb really consider them daring and sexy, though? I mean, I had some ski pants that were totally hot -- Lois wears a version of them of in Momentum -- but unless they are skin tight, they weren't considered risque at the time, especially since the tunic sweaters went down to mid-thigh.)

“Well, my assignment in Metropolis is over, but I don’t have anywhere else I have to be. Whether I stay or not is pretty much up to you.” Their eyes held for just a moment before Caleb said, “But we’re supposed to be figuring out how to get rid of the leech across the street. Any brilliant ideas?”
I can just imagine the thoughts that are going through her head with this additional nugget of information. His "assignment" is over? He doesn't have anywhere else to be right away? Is he a consultant? A contractor? A spy? goofy

Hey, I know! How about an independently wealthy fiction writer?!? Nah, no one would ever believe that one. wink

“Of course. The couple that sits with the bathtub always wins.”
No! No, no, no! OMG, I almost fell off my chair when I read this. You mean other people say this, too??? ROTFL, I always thought it was a joke my in-laws made up! Only in our family, it's when we're playing Canasta. OMG, you have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now!

(Seriously, real life and fandom just collided in my head and I'm completely unbalanced by it! whinging Good thing he's rich enough to buy another one. wink

C'mon, Wednesday!

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute part! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She knew she had the figure to pull it off, but would Caleb be interested or shocked? With a decisive nod, she decided that a man who regularly appeared in public wearing briefs on the outside of his tights had no cause for complaint.
/me breaks into raucous laughter/

“Hey, Caleb. What’s up?” Don’t sound needy, don’t sound needy.
I love how you give the Lois interior monologue. And we've all been in that situation...

“Sorry about that. I noticed someone with an earpiece watching your window on my way over."
It's the minions of the evil Lex Luthor!

"I’d rather not use Superman at all if we can avoid it. Let’s think public buildings with crowds and lots of exits.”
Has Clark pulled this kind of thing before, in his "Famous Undercover Novelist Clark Kent" persona?

“Hey, we said Dutch treat,” she protested.

“Tell you what; you can buy the snacks.”

“I think you got the better end of that deal.”

“I think you’re right,” he grinned.
Yes, given the concessions prices at movie houses, Caleb definitely *did* get the better end of the deal!

It would never do for Superman to be caught kissing Lois Lane behind the movie theater.
*snerk*

When their lips parted, she grinned up at him and said. “Now I’m ready.”
Aww! So romantic! Aww again!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just wanted to say I'm still finding this fic thoroughly entertaining HappyGirl! This part was great. clap

I'll try to pop back with some more detailed FDK later.

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Been too busy to comment really, but this was a fun part, Hap! thumbsup

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
So far this story has been fairly light-hearted and lots of fun, but some shades of gray are popping up, like Luthor's desire to watch both Lois and Clark (for different reasons), the tail they shook, the social impact Clark's novels have and the people they anger, Clark's reluctance to tell Lois who else he really is, and the fact that these two just can't catch a break. Something wicked this way comes, and I think it comes sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to the next evil installment!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You guys rock! You're laughing at my silly jokes, catching some pretty subtle references to the show, and making me think about where all of this might lead.

I'm having fun letting Clark use his powers in front of Lois. You think maybe they'll decide they like working together to outwit the bad guys?

Kathy, I maintain that they were very tight stirrup pants. :p Where are your folks from? I learned about sitting with the bathtub from my grandma in Oregon.

lcfan, I think you're right. Clark isn't being very careful what he says to Lois. But he doesn't want to be careful with her; he wants them to really get to know each other. If only he could get over that one little hang-up...

And Terry, everybody else is enjoying this light-hearted romp, and you're seeing doom and gloom on the horizon. Are you sure you're not projecting your own evilness (is that a word?) onto innocent little ol' me? angel-devil

Part 13 coming up. laugh

Merriwether
Merriwether
Both my parents and in-laws are from Michigan ... it was probably a universal joke of that generation and they've passed it on to us, LOL.

(BTW, the edit on your first post was just to correct the topic line -- you forgot to add "FDK" before the title, so it looked like a second story post. I just thought I'd fix it with my admin-y powers to avoid any confusion going forward. smile )

Kathy

Kerth
Kerth
Part 10

I loved the whole scene with Lana and Clark. She didn't automatically trust Lois, but Clark handled her really well. I could sense their easy, long-established relationship from this scene.

Clark's cell phone - I'm not sure if anyone else has asked, but I'm going to. Where does he keep it when he's in the Suit? His boots? A pocket in his cape?

The whole concept of him with a cell is very funny.

Part 11

I really like Martha's introduction. Why is Clark so keen to keep her from meeting Lois? If Martha is there for a week, Clark is either going to have to spend time with Lois, leaving his Mom alone, or spend time with his Mom, and not see Lois. Not to mention all the Superman stuff.

“It’s been lovely, thank you. My husband even got to take in the Tigers/Browns game last week.”

“That’s great. The offensive line held for a change and Kowalski had a pretty good game. I still think Garvy’s going to be shopping for a new quarterback in the spring draft, though .”
Not being American, I don't know ... so are these names real? Or fictional? If they're real, are they from the mid-90s?

“For Lois, with fond memories of a delightful dinner. Best wishes, Clark Kent.”
Nicely done. By both Clark and you!

Part 12

With a decisive nod, she decided that a man who regularly appeared in public wearing briefs on the outside of his tights had no cause for complaint.
rotflol

Getting rid of the tail was a lot of fun. Not that anyone hired by Luthor would have much chance against the combined skills of Lois Lane and Superman!

Corrina.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Corrina! wave

Kowalski and Garvy are fictional. In the show, one of the Nazi sleepers ends up being Metropolis's quarterback. (Remember, he says "We're going to clean your socks!" instead of "clean your clocks!") That means he would have had to be hired directly into professional football without playing football in college, which is the normal training ground for professional football players, or drafted after only one year of college football if we figure he went straight to college after waking up. So I figured their old quarterback must have been pretty awful for them to be that desperate for a new one. wink

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bump smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
My wrist is bothering me from too much leaf blowing, so I'll make this short.

She knew she had the figure to pull it off, but would Caleb be interested or shocked? With a decisive nod, she decided that a man who regularly appeared in public wearing briefs on the outside of his tights had no cause for complaint.
rotflol

Also, a couple of typos you'll want to correct before archiving:

he pulled her forward to leaned in to kiss her cheek.
'leaned' should be 'lean'

and
and I get the feeling the girls usually one.
'one' should be 'won'.

A fun part. I'd comment on a lot more if my wrist were up to it. As is, all I'll say is I wonder whether Lois will see "Aunt Opal" as a hint to who Superman really is. "Opal" isn't a common name, and *Clark* really does have an Aunt Opal.

Looking forward to the next part.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
How embarrassing after all our kvetching about sloppy writing. blush

OTOH, that's what feedback is for, right?

I hope your wrist feels better. smile

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi HG,

A good night's sleep has done wonders for my wrist. Thanks.

I read somewhere the following "proof" that infinity is actually a relatively small number:

Anyone who has ever done any writing knows that however many typos one corrects, there are always more to be found. (Or, put more formally: For any N, given that N typos have been found, there exists an N+1th typo.) Therefore, there are an infinite number of typos in any piece of writing. This is true even in short stories which contain a relatively small word count. Therefore, for such a small number of words to contain an infinite number of typos, infinity must be a relatively small number.QED. ;-)

Yes, I realize the fallacies inherent in that "proof," but even so, the proof still brings a smile to my face whenever I think of it. I hope it brought a smile to yours, too.

Joy,
Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard