Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. Smoochies on Monday. sloppy

BTW, Queenie's request was to see Lois and Superman together. She didn't specify what I had to do with them after that. I have an idea where I want this to end up, but we could have a lot of fun with them between here and there. So, if there's anything you've been dying to see L/S do together--no, not that, I already told you I don't do nfic--now's your golden opportunity. Put your request in here. Not promising it will work for the story, but you never know. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I’m sure that paying the asking price by cashier’s check helped.” If Martha’s tone was a little sardonic, it was at least subtle.

“You don’t approve,” Clark stated the obvious while leading his mom into the large, airy kitchen whose built-in breakfast nook provided the only available seating
Is it because he’s being too carefree with his money?

I’m not sure I understand why he’s necessary. If you want to stay in Metropolis, why can’t you just do it as you?
Well, she already didn't approve of *two* personalities. Now her son has *four*.

Clark’s eyebrows climbed into his hairline and his eyes opened wide. “Meet her?” he squeaked. Then, lowering his voice back into its normal range, he managed, “Who said anything about meeting her?”
hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
First of all, I just have to say that "Norbert Enterprises, LLC" makes me chuckle when I read it. laugh

I'm insanely curious about Martha's attitude towards Clark and his aliases. For that matter, I'm very curious about Smallville in general. IIRC, Smallville is off limits to Clark Kent fans and reporters alike. My wild speculation for the day is that I wonder if his home town is 'in the know'?

I can’t believe how quickly you got this done, Cla…Caleb,” she frowned in obvious disapproval of his new name
Interesting that Martha is required to call her son by his chosen alias. That's kind of ... strange and I get that it doesn't sit well with her. As a mom, I tend to side with Martha.

“Well, I named you first,” his mom countered. He thought she was only half joking.
Gee, you think? I definitely get jealousy vibes here. I really, REALLY want Lois and Martha to meet without Clark or Caleb around. Please? whinging

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Close call for Clark Kent! He is right to be worried - there's no way Lois wouldn't know it was him.

I love that Martha is in town! And I can't wait for her to meet Lois! I really liked the conversation between Clark and Martha - interesting how she is not that impressed with some of Clark's choices.

More soon please!

Amber

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
OOooh! I was absolutey *STEAMED* on Lois' behalf when Clark and Lana pulled that stunt. mad
He'd better make it up to her somehow. wink

And Luthor! eek Yikes! Do I sense A-Plot on the horizon?

Hap, you are doing so well, and thanks so much! goofy

~•~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, first of all, I was really happy to see this:
“Well, I named you first,” his mom countered. He thought she was only half joking.

“So you did. And I wouldn’t trade that name for the world,” he assured her. “I just need to make a few adjustments to it before I can take it back again . And I think you and Lois are just the two brilliant women to help me do it.”
I've been thinking for a while now that Martha and Jonathan would likely not only disapprove of Clark basically dismissing "Clark Kent" but would probably be hurt by it. It's like a rejection of their name and their family. In fact, I'd even had a reference to it in my feedback to part 10, but took it out before posting. So I was really excited to see it addressed here; it's like you read my mind. smile

And, as I *did* say in my last feedback, I hope Lois is ultimately able to help Clark figure out how to take back his name and be proud of it. The fact that Clark is saying this to his mom gives me great hope. smile

As for the rest of the chapter ... Ohhh boy on Clark sneaking out on Lois at the book signing. Why do I think this is going to come back to haunt him? He's going to have some explaining to do when she figures out who is really is ... I think she'll understand, but probably won't appreciate that he actively avoided her to keep his secret.

And now we have Lex! Smart thinking on Clark's part to fly out with Pete and Lana. Lex will never think to look for him in Metropolis now. But he will surely run across Caleb Knight as he stalks Lois ... the question is, will he have the same face recognition deficiency as the rest of the universe? For Clark's sake, I sure hope so. clap

Come on, 12! You can't get here soon enough. smile

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I especially like what I think of as the "game" of Clark trying to avoid meeting Lois again as Clark Kent. In any other situation, this would be manipulative and cruel, but here Superman has been honest with Lois about wanting to hide one side of himself, so I can excuse Clark's actions as long as they only frustrate Lois, not actually hurt her. I'd like to see the "Clark Kent" persona continue to do supposed "favors" for Lois but continue to avoid ways to meet face-to-face. And of course she blames it all on Lana!

And add me to the list of people hoping to see a meeting between Martha and Lois, especially an accidental meeting where Lois has no idea who she is meeting. This fic is so much fun!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Nigel, I’m curious,” he announced casually. “What could possibly be taking up so much of the lovely Ms. Lane’s time on a beautiful Saturday afternoon?”

“Shall I have her watched?”

“Yes, Nigel. Please do.” Lex wiped his mouth and placed his fine linen napkin next to his plate. “Let us find out what has Ms. Lane so preoccupied that she has no time for Lex Luthor.”
Dum, dum, dum.....(ominous music)

Lex Luthor is a worthy adversary. Why do I think that bad things are going to come out of him having Lois shadowed?

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
thumbsup

Part 12 coming up.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bump smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek