Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
I caught up on both 25 and 26 today, and as delighted as I am that I finally got to read them (it was agonizing knowing there were two parts waiting for me but not being able to read them), I am now anxiously awaiting part 27 to see what happens next.

I agree that things were going too smoothly for Lois and Kal, so I thought the fight felt natural. Along with pre-wedding jitters, Lois has been going through the emotional wringer this week, from the extreme joy of being in love with Kal, to the intense anger over finding proof that Nor is a murderer, to the heartbreaking grief of not having her family at her wedding. It's no wonder she's off balance, and I can see how being hit with yet one more thing could set her off. It's just too bad that poor Kal had to face the full wrath of Mad Dog Lane without the barest bit of emotional armor to help protect himself. Yes, he made a mistake in not telling her about Za, but he didn't do it out of malice or with any intent to deceive. He simply considered it as "work issue" and those aren't something he's ever discussed with anyone before. Right or wrong, he clearly never meant to hurt Lois. The same can't be said for her, however.

I'm fairly confident that once Lois calms down and actually lets Kal get a word in edgewise to explain why he made his arrangement with Za, she'll understand and agree that not only is it charitable to Za, but also imperative to the future of New Krypton. She'd been proud of Kal for saving Ard, Mo, and Jib from Nor ... she should be equally understanding that he now needs to save Za from the same fate. That doesn't mean she'll ever like it, or would choose that path for any of them, given any other decent option, but I do think she will come to understand that it was a very good solution.

That said, I hope that just as Kal clearly needs to learn from his mistake, Lois is able to learn from hers. While Kal was certainly clueless, Lois was downright cruel in some of the things she said -- accusing him of starting to sleep with Za, for example. I think it's completely in character for Lois to jump to that conclusion ... but also completely awful for her to throw it at him so viciously. Kal simply has no emotional tools to deal with this stuff, and it's not in any way a fair fight. In a normal Earth relationship, the parties have enough perspective to be able to accept that couples fight and move on, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kal is emotionally scarred from all this. It's like kicking a puppy or something. Poor guy is probably going to make himself sick over this tonight. frown

(Just as my stomach is in knots wondering what Nor is going to do next! laugh )

Come on, part 27! I am dying to read more of this story!!!

ETA: OMG, I posted my feedback and 27 appeared! I wish that would happen every time I comment, LOL!

Kathy

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathy

In FDK to 24, you said

Za truly does have a mind of her own and clearly has both intelligence and insight into the workings of her world. I'm glad they were able to come to an agreement about their future; if all goes as planned, it could work out well for both of them.
What I wanted to say then (but couldn't) was that this *did* seem like a great solution for Kal and Za - it could work out well for both of them. Problem was, this is a marriage of three ... and the other one wasn't happy!

Loved your comments about Lois - she'd kept her equilibrium pretty well up until now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kal is emotionally scarred from all this.
Lois finds a way to heal the scars.

(And no, I don't mean *that*!)

Thanks, Kathy.

Iolanthe

/mind immediately into gutter at thought of Kal in the black suit and having the ability to x-ray him/
Luckily for me, you can still do a great job of betaing, even though your mind seems to slip into the gutter quite regularly wink

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
goofy
(And no, I don't mean *that*!)
blush Okay, apparently, Iolanthe is not the only one with a gutter-bound mind wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
lol It is hard to keep one's mind completely out of the gutter when Lois' mind is by now so far into it, x-raying his black suit and the like! I'm only empathising with the character, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!! wink I'm pleased I'm not the only one.

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, I didn't think Lois would be that upset about Kal's meeting with Za.

Poor Kal he just wanted to do what is right for Lois, Za and the people of new Krypton.

Hopefully Lois will calm down soon and they will work it out!

Kathryn
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael

OK, I can answer this now.

I was talking about throwing herself in front of a flying bullet!!

As for any other possible ways she could heal some scars ... see Part 32.

Emma See last sentence!

Kathryn Lois wasn't happy about Kal's marriage when Za was nothing more to him than a face he saw once a year.

When he went to her, talked with her, planned with her, made a long term agreement with her (about accepting her child as his), Lois lost it.

Of course Kal was trying to do the right thing - doesn't he always, as both Clark and Kal? Problem is having two wives is going to make it difficult to please both of them.

Thanks for your FDK, Kathryn. smile

Corrina.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard