Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, we can't have smoochies *all* the time, can we? goofy

This *is* my happily ever after.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
we can't have smoochies *all* the time, can we?
Why not?! /me stamps foot. grumble

I'm sorry I didn't post fdk on part 9 before I read this one, but I did want to say ... "SMOOCHIES!!" I wasn't expecting you to get them together this early in the story, but I'm awfully glad that you did. sloppy

I enjoyed this part too, but am anxious for them to get back to more pleasurable activities.

I loved the fact that Luthor is now pursuing Lois, but she isn't returning his calls. Heh, turn-about is fair, don't you think? And the interaction with Jimmy regarding Caleb's phone message was cute.

Based on the clues that Clark handed to Lois during their second phone call (the forcefulness of his voice and his ease with handling the press/PR issue) and it really shouldn't take too long before she guesses who his alter-alter ego is, but I don't think it would really be that big of a deal, even at this point. She already knows all of his reasonings for playing a part and that he really doesn't like his public self. It might be fun for her to find out soon so that Clark and Lois can be seen dating publicly -- then Luthor can get jealous. laugh

At the beginning of this part, I was a little surprised at Lana's lack of curiosity in Clark and Lois' evening. She's known him a long time (and I'm assuming they dated in high school), but she didn't seem very interested in his reasoning for staying in Metropolis as Caleb Knight. Or maybe she already knows how things are going to turn out and you just didn't give us those clues. Of course, maybe I just don't know the characters as well as I think I do. I think I need more story. Can I have more please?

Is it Friday yet?

Top Banana
Top Banana
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by HappyGirl:
<strong> Well, we can't have smoochies *all* the time, can we? smile1

Bob

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. I am really enjoying this AU. And it figures if Clark has been doing this, being a public figure, he'd have a handle on it.

Well done, looking forward to this Lois putting the clues together. BTW When does Mr. Knight re-start the investigation into Lex Luthor?

I can imagine that there will be some conflicts between the interests of Clark Kent and those of the Lane/Knight team.

I am looking forward to the first news piece Lois turns in where she feels her integrity requires her to share the byline with Caleb Knight.

Hopefully Perry won't even blink at the "Special assistance by" in the byline. I can picture the reaction of Lana and Pete.

Oh and
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
but, since this is the same world in which no one connects Superman with half of The Hottest Team in Town, I maintain that the entire population of this world suffers from some kind of facial recognition deficiency.
rotflol rotflol

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Tell your editor that he—and every other major newspaper in the country—will have a press release naming Superman’s PR firm on his desk within the hour. Do you want me to send a messenger for the pile?”
Much more smooth than Murray Brown chasing Clark around! This Clark is a media-savvy individual. I wonder who his PR firm will be - will it be the same one that handles Clark Kent's PR?

No smoochies, but still really interesting in terms of all the nuts and bolts that one would have to handle, being a super-powered alien with a secret identity! Even Superman needs someone to take his messages. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have I mentioned I'm loving this fic? I'm loving this fic. dance

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just bumping because I love this fic too and I can't wait for the next part!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
...I love this fic too and I can't wait for the next part!
Me Too!!! wave
Am I allowed to say that when I'm betaing? evil

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Am I allowed to say that when I'm betaing?
Yes. There can never be too much fic-love.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Amen to that. Bob says he's having smoochy withdrawal symptoms. More are on the way...at some point, anyway. angel-devil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/slowly drags mind out of gutter/

Smoochies, heck! Let's go beyond smoochies!

Will there be an nfic part? Will there? Will there?

/jumps up and down/

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Not if you're waiting for me to write it. I have a hard enough time with the kissing parts. I can't believe I actually used the word 'lithe' in a sentence. Michael would never let me hear the end of it if I attempted nfic. eek

I did offer to let Laura write an nfic scene for a married L&C in Foreshadowing, but she didn't take me up on it. And they were going to Florence, too, come to think of it. I guess I subconsciously connect romantic L&C with Italian food. I'm more of a fade to black kind of girl.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ditto Bob.

/stares at inbox/

And yeah, I'm fade to black too...

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michelle hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm a bit behind on fic this week, but the positive side of that is getting to read two parts at once of this story. smile

As always, HG, another great chapter. I love how confident Clark is when it comes to his next "assignment" and how easily he's able to set up his new identity. Clearly he's done this many times before and has it down to a science. But is "Caleb" moving to Metropolis simply to court Lois? Or is he going to finally launch his Luthor investigation? I can't wait to find out!

“Well,” Lois thought as she hung up the phone, “He handled that better than I would have expected.” It wasn’t the first time she’d had that thought, she mused
One thing that's keeps hitting me in this story is that while Clark clearly has reasons to dislike his celebrity-author personality, from everything I've seen so far, he actually seems like a pretty neat guy. Yes, he has to attend fancy parties and give interviews and do the publicity rounds on the TV talk shows, but he's also an honest, savvy business man who has worked hard to craft his skills, both as a writer and an investigator. What about that is so bad? Yes, he's rich, but he's come by his money honestly and has presumably spent it responsibly. So what is it about himself that he dislikes so much? I'm looking forward to finding out more about what makes Clark tick. Maybe Lois won't only be his refuge from a celebrity lifestyle, but also his way back to being proud of Clark Kent. smile

Onto part 11, woo hoo! smile1

Kathy

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
A bump here, and a very belated reply to Kathy's pondering.

I agree that there's really not that much for this Clark to be ashamed of. His public image is a little shallow, but not a bad person. It just doesn't fit his personality, and Clark has a tendency to brood and make things worse in his own mind than they really are. He keeps his public image as light as he can in a misguided attempt to keep from scaring off his public, and as a result he doesn't think that a person like Lois could take him seriously. I think once he sees the light the transition from 'shallow Clark' to 'real Clark' will be more in his own head than anything else.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
“No, they won’t, because Clark Kent is not buying this house. Caleb Knight is. Or rather, Clark’s new Limited Liability Corporation is buying it on Caleb’s behalf. Give Lloyd a call and have him set it up. Call it…Norbert Enterprises.”
That is perfect! clap I especially love the "Norbert Enterprises." lol

and one from Lucy wanting to know if he was really as “yummy” in person as he seemed on T.V.
Your Lucy has better taste than the show's Lucy. (Or, given that two different actresses played the part, should I say "the show's Lucys (Lucies?)"? wink )

“I’m at work, of course. Are you telling me that you’re answering this phone while you’re…” she paused briefly to come up with the right wording for a public setting…”in uniform?
How cool! I don't think I've ever read any stories in which he had done that before.

She only paused a beat before daring to ask, “What kind of engagement does…our mutual acquaintance have?”

“That’s not who has the engagement. It’s the Other Guy.
Oy. Three personae -- two of whom she either won't or can't refer to by name in a public place -- can make for a very confusing conversation.

Benny Bonebreak
Hmmm... In the greater Superman universe (and, to a lesser extent, in L&C as well), people with the initials L. L. play a prominent role in Clark's life. (Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Lana Lang and, in the greater universe, Lori Lemaris and Lyla Lerrol) I think you are starting a new tradition -- snitches have to have the initials B. B. wink

A second voice, even fainter, could barely be made out replying, “No problem, Mr.…” before it was cut off abruptly
So close, and yet so far...

“Well,” Lois thought as she hung up the phone, “He handled that better than I would have expected.”
And *much* better than the show's Clark did. Of course, your Clark has already had a lot of practice dealing with the public and the demands made of a celebrity.

There is so much else I am tempted to quote, but I would end up quoting practically the entire post. I think I responded to enough to let you know that I enjoyed part 10 and am looking forward to part 11.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I like your B.B. idea, Lynn, but I must admit that my Lois's third-favorite snitch is one I stole from Bob--Sammy the Mouse. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard