Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
peep Feedback goes here peep devil

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol rotflol rotflol
'Nuff said. His eyes must be on the verge of popping out of his head.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL! Oh, man, I can just imagine his face!

Of course, I have a feeling that Lois might not mean what we think she means. But I would crack up if his reaction was "Oh crap! Is it that obvious?" when all she's thinking is, "I just thought of something this author I interviewed last week told me." rotflol

Clark is really juggling three different personalities here. I like how he sums it up to Pete and Lana, that the man Lois likes is neither Clark Kent nor Superman. It's kind of like the way they get to know each other in S3/4, just done in reverse.

Looking forward to more.

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy Fun chapter

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
jawdrop Oooh, can't wait for his reaction. Until I started reading the FDK it hadn't occured to me it may not be quite as it seems, I don't know why. We'll see!

If she has already realised it would make sense (apart from the looking the same thing, which you kind of have to discount!) that she is able to see clearer having more distance from the two of them than the Lois in the show. Because Clark was so close, working with her every day and a 'hack from nowheresville' it didn't occur to her. With both Clark Kent and Superman in this fic she's been intent on unmasking them to an extent from day one.

This line made me chuckle:-

“Which one?” Clark stole a dumpling off Lana’s plate and got his wrist slapped for his trouble. “The official Superman exclusive, or the one before that where she told me that she knows I’ve been on Earth for years?”
Nice way to just drop it into the conversation and hope they won't notice!!

“You really think Superman is the world’s biggest celebrity?” Clark asked.

Pete rolled his eyes in frustration. His voice dripped with sarcasm. “Yes, Clark, I’m sorry to tell you that you are now bigger than you. Can we please focus here?”
lol

Clark was looking forward to seeing Lois that night, but he still had no intention of telling her who he really was. That would be the fastest way possible to kill whatever chance he might have with her.
The thing is, of course, this Lois already (ending aside!) knows who he is, the 'Clark Kent' side not being the real him either. She may not seem to like Clark Kent the author, but he is no more the real guy than Superman, if anything less so.

“No, he’s not,” Clark agreed. “But then again, neither is Clark. And the man that Lois really likes is neither of them.” Clark flashed his friends a satisfied smile. “He’s just me.”
He sums it up nicely here and he's so happy about it.

Her make-up and hair were freshened. She was reclining in what she hoped was a casual-looking manner, curled up in one corner of her sofa with the latest Clark Kent novel . When Superman flew through her window, he would find her calm, cool, and collected.
I like that she's choosing to read his novels now.

It was a stranger dressed in black casual slacks, a grey t-shirt that hugged his quite impressive chest, and a black leather jacket. His dark hair curled loosely around his ears and the back of his neck, one curl falling over his forehead in a way that begged to be brushed back.
Nice image!! Though pretty risky approach on Clark's part. He doesn't want to tell her the truth yet, but maybe he wouldn't mind too much if she worked it out on her own - we'll soon see!

Great ending, can't wait for more.

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pete thought he should stick to due North and start dropping hints about an Arctic refuge, but Clark thought that was going a bit far.
Tee-hee! Shades of comic book canon!

Pete said, “Lana and I were just discussing the tail that I had to shake the night of your Lois Lane interview."
Why do I feel so worried about this?

Pete rolled his eyes in frustration. His voice dripped with sarcasm. “Yes, Clark, I’m sorry to tell you that you are now bigger than you. Can we please focus here?”
Other people have already pointed this out, but I just couldn't resist repeating such a great line. Hilarious!

“Well, yeah. She likes Superman. It’s Clark she can’t stand.”

“But Superman isn’t real,” Lana protested.

“No, he’s not,” Clark agreed. “But then again, neither is Clark. And the man that Lois really likes is neither of them.” Clark flashed his friends a satisfied smile. “He’s just me.”
Again, other feedback posters have pointed this out, but you've got a really interesting new take on the usual Clark/Superman story.

It was probably Jimmy. Who else would show up at her apartment unannounced at the most inconvenient time possible?
Let's send Tank after Jimmy. He'll never be interruptingly annoying again. wink

And, the cliffhanger ending! Has she figured it out? (I'm assuming so.) If not, Clark's look of panicked truthfulness will give him away regardless.

Please tell me that you'll be posting more soon!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! drool

She stood up straight, looked Superman in the eye, brandished the corkscrew with a grin, and proclaimed triumphantly, “Clark Kent!”
wildguy

~•~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ooooo!

I missed that edit! You did make it the CK novel! Love it!

/me feels helpful!

Edit - okay it was in my inbox and I hadn't had a chance to look at it yet - and yes - this was a much better break than any of the ones I suggested...

[See FoLCs - I'm not the evil one!]

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Very quick fly-by here, will leave better feedback-feedback tomorrow, but had to give Carol her props for the Clark Kent novel.

Quote: "Come on, you know you want to!"

And, yes, I absolve Carol of all responsibility for the evil cliffy. That one was all me. devil But Bob voted that I should do it. devil

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved, loved, LOVED this chapter. You've got some great lines and explored some interesting angles with the love triangle (or is it a square now drool

More soon, please!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
goofy

Em, I agree that the fact that Clark, Superman, and Tall, Dark and Handsome all look alike has to be discounted. I take it as a given that Lois can't tell that Clark Kent and Superman look alike. Otherwise, we'd have a plot untwist for the entire show.

And, yes, Lois knows that Clark Kent is a facade, but Clark doesn't know that she knows. See what trouble assumptions cause? laugh

Iolanthe, I love how you laugh at my little throw-away lines. I have fun with them and it's good to know that others get my silly jokes.

I wouldn't worry too much about the tail. I don't think there's much that Clark, Superman, Lois, and the Rosses can't handle.

And don't sick Tank on Jimmy quite yet; he hasn't even done anything yet. The poor kid was falsely accused in this case.

Ooh, I got a drool *and* a wildguy from Queenie; I must be doing something right.

Carol is always helpful, so I won't even dignify that with a response. :p

And BJ, I think it's still a triangle; Lois knows that Superman and T,D,&H are the same guy. Glad you're liking the story. smile

I'm saving the next part until tommorrow, aiming to get back to M,W,F postings if I can keep enough buffer coming.

And, Michael, when you make it this far, welcome to the party. Your 'late' feedback to the earlier parts is actually very helpful. It forces me to review and say "Oh, yeah, I need to follow up on that hint."

Thanks again, everybody. You rock!

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Catching up with the last few parts...

This part was so great! I love how Lois has set Clark free to be himself. And I loved the cliffhanger! Though I suspect you are playing pranks on us...

Can't wait for more!

Amber

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
angel-devil Me, Amber? You really think I would play a prank on you? You cut me to the quick. angel-devil

Part 9 coming up. laugh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL (and thanks) on the interview remark.

“Which one?” Clark stole a dumpling off Lana’s plate and got his wrist slapped for his trouble. “The official Superman exclusive, or the one before that where she told me that she knows I’ve been on Earth for years?”
Clark!

hyper

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'll spare you having to bump this feedback thread...I couldn't wait to read this part.

Yes, Clark, I’m sorry to tell you that you are now bigger than you.
goofy

She stood up straight, looked Superman in the eye, brandished the corkscrew with a grin, and proclaimed triumphantly, “Clark Kent!”
Oh my! What a place to end a part! I don't think that she is saying this to identify Superman here, but I am not 100% certain. One thing I do know, however, is that I can't stop reading here... Part 9, here I come!

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Lynn. I'm glad you're enjoying this. The nice part about reading after the fact is that you don't have to wait for the cliff-hangers. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was a stranger dressed in black casual slacks, a grey t-shirt that hugged his quite impressive chest, and a black leather jacket. His dark hair curled loosely around his ears and the back of his neck, one curl falling over his forehead in a way that begged to be brushed back.
This surprised me! (I'll just join the feedback club). Superman showed up as the original Clark Kent (only without the name).

Cliffy! That's a great one! You really know how to make your readers beg for more.

I'm glad I read this story AFTER writing Green-Eyed Monster, because -- HappyGirl -- I would have been too intimidated to write my Superman dates story. You set the bar up really high! notworthy Those were just some great scenes I had to COME back and comment on. On to part 26! (You make procrastination too easy!)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard