Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. smile

I don't think the interview in the show portrays Lois as a Kerth-award-winning reporter at all. More like a star-struck groupie. This is how I imagine a real Lois Lane/Superman interview would go.

Not a lot of plot advancement here, I know, but some necessary housekeeping. More fun next time, I promise. devil

This *is* my happily ever after.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm really enjoying how L&C share so much openness in this story, despite Clark having so many unique and interesting secrets.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute part. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
There are only two people whom Lois has ever agreed to let preview one of her stories -- Clark Kent, and now Superman. And Clark worries that she has a unique effect on him ... LOL, I think the feeling might be mutual. smile1

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great fun. I love how Clark didn't lie, but he didn't actually tell the whole truth either.

“Of course we all know that you can fly. Can all Kryptonians do that?”

“I have never met a Kryptonian adult who couldn’t.”
Tee-hee! Of course we all know how many Kryptonian adults Clark has met!

"The fundamental issues—work, education, spiritual life, relationships between people—are the same. I don’t consider Earth primitive at all. The people here have made me welcome, and I am grateful.” Thinking of Martha and Jonathan, and of all the places he’d lived over his years of researching his novels, Clark realized that this answer, for once, was the simple truth.
A very good line and very moving.

"The truth is, I am alone here, one man who happens to have some unique gifts by sheer accident of birth. I choose to use those gifts to help as best I can. I have been operating publicly for almost three weeks. In that time I have saved dozens of human lives and harmed no one. I will let my record speak for itself.”
The essence of Superman - it's not the powers, it's what you do with the powers.

“I’ll tell you what, why don’t you come over to my apartment tonight at seven and I’ll show you the final write-up. I’ll get Chinese take-out.”

Clark broke into a wide grin. “It’s a date. But let me bring the take-out.”
All I can say is, Awwww!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SQUEEEE! hyper

Ah, this is exactly what I needed today! Thank you so much! ^__^

So..."It's a date", huh? wink

Looking forward to the rest! dance

~•~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
great job!
more plz

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, yay! I'm glad it's working. I had fun figuring out how Clark could answer *real* questions about Superman. I figure he's got a lot of practice at being deliberately vague.

Honestly, Kathy, I'm not quite sure how Clark Kent is going to fit into all of this, either. We'll make it up as we go along. wink

Part 8 coming up.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooh, nicely set up for the next part!! I like that he even said 'it's a date' and he can tell her honestly where he gets the Chinese food from too!

The interview brought up some interesting points actually. In the show, people (including Lois )were led to believe that Superman only just arrived on the planet, yet this Lois asked a lot of questions that no-one ever really asked in the show. When you think about it (which I'm sure you did!) it's surprising they didn't ask a lot of them. She did, as has been mentioned, ask him a lot more probing questions than mooney-eyed Lois did in her first interview with him. Of course, that is partly because this Lois had already had her interview, the hard-hitting one is just part of the cover she's now helping him with.

Clark raised a skeptical brow. “You don’t think at least one of the millions of people in Metropolis will notice a man in a garish suit carrying a beautiful reporter through an open window several stories up?”
I think it's funny him referring to the suit as 'garish.' I'm surprised he agreed to it, but I suppose compared to some of the others Martha created it's relatively tame!

“That’s up to you. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to. But I’m not going to throw you softballs. This is going to be a real interview; I don’t do puff pieces.”
I thought to myself for a second 'but you've already interviewed him!' Then I remembered that although Lois knows Superman is not really Superman (not all the time at least) she doesn't know Clark Kent is Superman etc! She just knows a bit of the man in between, or underneath! Still so many revelations to come, making it such an interesting twist.

“Like what? Fighting for truth and justice?”

The corners of his mouth twitched. Lois was pretty good at this inventing a hero business. “You could put it that way if you like.”
laugh

“I am a man, Ms. Lane.” Was Lois imagining things, or was she meant to take that comment on more than one level?
Oh yes Lois, just like in the show, subtly suggesting this time that he has all the 'parts' of a man!

“No. I am more of a…refugee. My people didn’t want me.” He said it calmly, as if it were the most natural thing in the world, but Lois caught the pain that hovered beneath the surface of his steady gaze.
Of course he doesn't know yet the planet exploded does he, he's only just learned he's from Krypton.

“I haven’t found anything yet that I couldn’t lift. The Prometheus is the largest object I’ve lifted so far.”
I suppose giving the space station a boost was quite a leap for him really. Up to that point it's unlikely he'd been close to doing anything like that. It could have backfired, as could swallowing a bomb, it's not as if he'd ever had cause to test that out! There's a big difference from seeing if he can lift a few cars, the freezer etc!!

“Also, I can heat objects with my eyes and cool them with my breath.”
laugh The heat-vision and freezing breath are very bizarre sounding when put like that!!

“This is Superman’s first interview.”

“But not yours? Interesting…”

“I didn’t say that.”
Nice way of sticking to his not-quite-lying!!

“Does the phrase ‘Mad Dog Lane’ mean anything to you?” she shot back.

“You’d better cut it out, Lois; I’m supposed to be walking out of here with my stern Hero Face on. How am going to do that if you keep making me smile?”
I like the nice, easy, rapport you've created. It's unusual to see Lois (L&C Lois anyway) with that kind of rapport with Superman rather than Clark. Of course, Clark as we know him doesn't really exist in this story - well he does, but only when he's not playing at being one of his many alter-egos. Ultimately he's the same guy really - hence the title to the story!!

Lois had her hand on the conference room’s doorknob when Clark thought of one more thing. “Hold on a minute, Lois.” She turned to face him, and he asked, “Can I see a copy of the interview before it goes to print?”
I like his quick reality-check here, when he suddenly remembers the kind of caution he has to exercise as Clark Kent, and how easily that fades around Lois.

Looking forward to the date!

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, so I’m weak. And stuck for the night after the first paragraph. Stupid desire to make it work huh Anyway, I doubt you want to hear me ramble about my troubles with my WIP, so let’s get this show on the road.

“So, when we arrive, we’ll go back in through the conference room window. If we’re really lucky, no one will have even realized that we’ve been gone.”
Hmm… Lois and Superman, behind closed doors and not a sound to be heard. Begs the question what they might be doing wink

Inwardly, Lois’s mind was reeling with one thought: He thinks I’m beautiful!
laugh maybe they should just admit it and get it over with.

“That’s all? You don’t have any ulterior motives?”
”Like finding a suitable mate?” You know, I just noticed something. Since Lois got the powers on the show and a suit to boot, she really was suitable.

“I am a man, Ms. Lane.” Was Lois imagining things, or was she meant to take that comment on more than one level?
Well, she’s seen him sans cape. What more should he do? Let her see him in a black suit?

You’re telling me that you are living proof of the existence of intelligent life on other planets.
Who said ‘intelligent’? Sentient, I’ll give you. But the jury is still out on the ‘intelligent’ bit.

“Are there more of you, or are you the only Krypton man on Earth?”
“I’m the only one. But I brought my concubines with me.”

“Why not? Why would they keep you out of the loop? Don’t you keep in contact with whoever sent you?”
“Because I’m the de-facto deposed crown-prince.”

“All right. You’ll forgive me for asking the follow-up question, though: You aren’t a fugitive from justice, are you? Or are you in exile for political reasons?”
“Is ‘too good for my own good’ a good reason?”

He seemed relaxed again as he asked, “What would you like to know?”
“How about stamina?” wink

The Prometheus is the largest object I’ve lifted so far.
/whispers/ That was just the shuttle, unnamed after the Messenger exploded. Prometheus was the entire space station. He only got to push that around in 3x21 blush

“This is Superman’s first interview.”

“But not yours? Interesting…”
She doesn’t miss much, does she?

Nothing I did to you would have any effect, anyway
Well, there’s that blue harem’s outfit…

“Can I see a copy of the interview before it goes to print?”

“You want a preview?” her frown told him she wasn’t inclined to grant that request.
Now there’s a tell as big as a blimp.

“It’s a date. But let me bring the take-out.”
Great, how’s she supposed to write up that interview if she’s only able to think ‘date’ ‘date’ ‘date’ ?

Another great installment, Happy!

Looking forward to having time to read part 8.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Michael goofy

/me sneaks off to edit: "Prometheus *shuttle*./

blush

Now, back to the WIP with you, young man! wildguy

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Lots of warm fuzzy feelings after this part!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bump smile

Now I should really go work on Part 31.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I love it!

If Clark wanted to change careers, he could become a politician. He is masterful at dodging questions and using the literal truth to deceive.

I am *really* looking forward to part 8. In fact, Imight decide to read just one more part...

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard