Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, it seems like it has been forever... and it has. I do apologize for my absence--if tomatoes are to be thrown, please cut them up first so that I can use them in my salad. Thanks!

I'm glad to be back in the writing saddle and really am committed to finishing this tale. I do appreciate those of you that are still on board. We'll get there yet!

So, about chapter 10... what'd you think?

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hurray!!!! You're back!!!

smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1

(Still reading, fdk later.)

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
It is wonderful to see the next part. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love how the secret identity thing for Lois closely mirrors what is normally Clark's secret identity. Although when Clark figures out what Lois is doing maybe it will give him ideas on how he can handle his secret identity. Not sure if that is what you have planned.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com/easy-chili-recipe.html

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're back in action! hyper

I'll admit, the beginning confused me a little. Then as I read on, I realized you jumped ahead a little. And I went awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Smirking, he started to lean down and forward only to be interrupted by the sound of his mother calling Lois’s name.
Arrrrrrgh. Bad Martha. Bad. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
yay! so happy you're back! yay!
love this part - introspective and sweet. more, soon, please?

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
wohoo!! new post! i loved it.. now what you should do is go into the future where he's a writer and he's interviewing her after years of not hearing of each other.. that would be kinda nice.. i think :rolleyes:

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, Sonia! Welcome back!

You write post-adolescent emotional angst like a pro. Can't wait to see where this is going next.

And Perry! What a hoot! I can tell you're having fun putting familiar people into a very different setting.

This L & C are younger and therefore immature, and your'e doing a great job of showing that. Can't wait to see what Martha and Perry cook up. Something tells me the two of them know each other from way back.

thumbsup thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, I've been meaning to respond to this part for a while now. I'm so glad to see you back with this story and I'm hoping that RL will let you stick with it -- especially with *that* ending. grumble

Reading your stories is always a pleasure. Your sense of humor really tickles my fancy. Such as ...
He was really starting to… well, *strongly like* having her in his space.
Well, as long as you're being honest with yourself there, Clark. /me rolls eyes.

The conversation between Lois and Clark in the barn was great. It was real and honest, which is an amazing accomplishment, especially for these two. Of course you ripped the rug out from under them with Sam's untimely return and the angsty non-goodbye. I was about to call you all kinds of evil until you brought in Perry (which put a smile on my face) and you brought Lois back to the farm for a proper goodbye kiss.

Please, please, please post more soon. Tomorrow, yes?
grovel

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
What a fabulous part! I loved the Robin Williams line - "drive by fruiting" is one of my favorite movie quotes ever!

You write them so well, and Clark especially. I definitely did not expect Lois to come back to say goodbye, and Clark's response was so real, almost tangible.

I am so glad you're back! More soon please!

Amber
hoping that Lois writes and performs a song about her time in Kansas and a certain farmboy...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sonia! grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sonia, I think it's time we got caught up on these two. I still want to know if Lois will trust Clark with the whole story of her dual identity. And I want to know if Clark will trust Lois with his history. I want to know if Chloe will agree to record a duet album with Lois. I want to know if Clark ever gets to Metropolis, much less to the Daily Planet.

This is a very good story. I have the sense that it went in a slightly different direction than you'd originally intended, but it's still a very good story. Please come back and finish it as soon as RL allows!

Thanks.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
please come back and finish this story!

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
I agree! If there is a point you're stuck on, let us know. We can help ferret out a solution.

I know sometimes it can feel a little like peep

Let us know if we can help!

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
eep! peep

errr... not really a sticky point so much as a hugely, unfairly, busy semester. I thought that the last semester of coursework before dissertation was supposed to be laidback... I lied to myself.

So--methinks after taking comprehensive exams in a couple of weeks a mind break in the form of writing fic is due. All in favor say 'aye'...

Thanks for keeping me on the bubble! smile
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
All in favor say 'aye'...
Aye!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm looking forward to the rest of this one too!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I add my enthusiastic 'Aye!' to the chorus.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Erm. /clears pockets/
spider spider spider spider spider spider

Oops blush , where did they come from. Meant to clear my throat, not my pocket.

Aye.

Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aye, aye!

(Stuffing the ballot box, I know, but nobody said anything about one person/one vote.)

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Ah!!! What a fantastic part.

I loved the "l" word bits--very nicely done. And what you have done with Perry is great.

Like Amber, I didn't expect Lois to come back to say goodbye, but I am glad she did! laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard