Red Like Kryptonite
Epilogue
Folc4evernaday

**__**

“Its crazy, huh?” Jimmy asked, watching Lois and Perry leave.

Clark shook his head, “Yeah, crazy…. I still can’t believe Bill Church Jr kidnapped Perry like that.”

“I know the Chief was his biggest defender….” Jimmy shook his head.

“Well, it looks like my work is done here.” Scardino muttered, brushing himself off. “If you run into Superman; tell him I said thanks for saving my butt.”

Jimmy looked from Scardino to Clark; anticipating the former rivalry that had once existed between them. Nothing.

“I’ll let him know.” Clark said.

“See you around.” Scardino said. With that he was gone.

**__**

One Week Later…

“Lois, Clark, my office…” Perry bellowed across the newsroom. Lois and Clark glanced at one another, wondering what the other had done, but followed Perry’s orders.

“What’s up, Chief?” Lois asked, closing the door behind them.

“So, the police did a search over Billy’s office and found something interesting.” Perry said, pulling out a large metal box. “I figured you two could take it over to STAR Labs. I know a lot of people say this stuff is only harmful to Superman, but I don’t want to take any chances.”

“Chances?” Lois asked, feigning ignorance.

“Kryptonite.” Perry said grimly. “Its red.”

“Red?” Lois and Clark asked in unison. All thought of pretending not to know of the meteorite’s existence went out the window.

“I figured you two could take it over to STAR Labs for safe keeping. With all the officers that were in Billy’s pocket… Well, I don’t want this getting into the wrong hands.” At their questioning looks he pressed on, “Don’t look so surprised. I didn’t become Editor-in-Chief because I can yodel.”

**__**

After dropping off the red kryptonite with STAR Labs Lois and Clark made their way back to Lois’ apartment. Clark seemed withdrawn as Lois discussed the events of the past week. A new version of Kryptonite was out there. That was why he’d been apathetic during Perry’s kidnapping and why he’d allowed Gene and his henchmen to take the checks that morning.

During his exposure to the red kryptonite he had been alerted to the long buried feelings he’d had. The night Lois had come to his apartment and attempted to push their relationship past the normal barriers she’d kept for so long. Last night those emotions had risen to the surface. His struggle to hide his feelings for Lois seemed to heighten his suppressed feelings for her under exposure to the red kryptonite.

“Clark?” Lois waved a hand in front of him, trying to get his attention.

“Huh?” Clark looked up and saw Lois looking at him with concern.

“Are you okay?” Lois asked, taking a seat next to him on the couch.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I was just thinking…” Clark apologized, offering her a weak smile.

“It’s been a rough few weeks.” Lois reasoned. “How are you feeling?”

“Better I guess.” Clark sighed. “I’m relieved to have an answer to a lot of unanswered questions we had.”

“Yeah.”

“I wonder how many different versions of Kryptonite there are out there.” Clark mused. “This red variation…. definitely had a different affect on me.”

Lois flushed slightly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “I’ll say.”

Clark cupped her cheek, “I’m really sorry about that. I never should have done that.”

Lois took a shuddered breath, “Well, I wasn’t exactly beating you off of me.”

Clark looked up at her. They needed to talk. They really needed to talk. He caught her gaze. “Lois..” At the same time she said, “Clark…” Then in unison they both said, “You go first.”

Lois smiled shyly, “We really got to stop doing that.” Her hand brushed against his as she watched him.

He looked up at her and smiled. “Yeah. I am really sorry, Lois, for everything.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Lois asked.

“I wanted to.” Clark said.

“You wanted to?”

“I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell you for the last few months.” Clark explained. “The timing…just wasn’t there.”

“I guess Mayson’s death and Dan showing up constantly didn’t make it any easier.” Lois reasoned.

Clark smiled weakly, then reached out to grasp her hand, “How mad are you?”

“I’m not mad.”

“What?”

“I’m not. I was embarrassed, angry, hurt, and okay…I WAS mad, but not any more.”

“Is this a trick?” He asked suspiciously.

“No, it’s no trick. I’m not mad. I had time to allow everything to sink in. I…I wasn’t the easiest person to deal with when you first met me.”

“Lois, I…”

“No, let me finish.” She said, holding up her hand to stop him from talking further. “I was mean, cruel in some instances, but you still put up with me. You put me in my place when I needed it and you were my friend when I needed you to be. I still can’t figure out why.” Her tears fell down her cheeks at their own accord. Clark pulled her into his arms, trying to soothe her.

“Lois, you’re being too hard on yourself. We’ve both put each other through…a lot.” He held her against him.

“I don’t understand why you put up with me.” She whispered.

“Lois, I don’t know how NOT to. You…. I love you, Lois.” He gazed down at her and cupped her cheek.

She smiled up at him. “I love you too, Clark. I’ve been trying to deny it for so long, but I do love you.” She leaned up to kiss him.

“Lois…” Clark whispered against her lips. “You have no idea how long I’ve waited to hear you say those words.”

She smiled up at him. “I think we’ve both waited long enough to hear a lot of things from one another.” She linked her arms around his neck.

“So, where do we go from here?” He asked.

“Well, I love you; you love me. That’s a good start to…well,…” She leaned up to capture his mouth once again. He moaned against her lips, his arms encircling her waist. How he loved this woman. That was the only thing that mattered.

The End

PS) There will be a N-rated version of epilogue, but I am still working on it. :p sorry.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube