Red Like Kryptonite
Folc4evernaday
Pt. 5

Clark watched as Gene Newtrich held the gun up to Scardino’s head. He had to do something. He had to get out of here and change into Superman, but there was no way of escape. This may be one time where Superman couldn’t come to the rescue. Lois remained behind him; Perry stood next to him. Gene kept a secure grip on Dan as he inched towards Church.

“Miss Lane, your timing couldn’t be worse,” Bill said. He turned towards Dan. “I assume you’re the one responsible for Mr. Knox being incapacitated?”

Dan just glared back. “You won’t get away with this,” Lois said vehemently. Clark took in a breath when he felt her arms tighten around his waist. She was terrified.

“Maybe, but as you can see, I’m giving it my best shot.” Bill sneered.

Clark aimed a beam of heat vision at the above lantern, causing darkness to fall over them. At super speed, he moved to secure Church and Gene along with their guards. A light aimed towards him.

“Kent?” Henderson’s voice boomed through the hallway. “I thought I heard Superman?”

“I think you just missed him, Inspector,” Clark replied. He pointed to Gene, Church, and the guards that sat tied up in the corner.

“Uh-huh.” Inspector Henderson looked from Clark to the angry Church and Gene, then back again. “Let’s go,” he said, grabbing the criminals and taking them by the collar.

Dan stood up from the ground, where he had been knocked down. “Wow. Superman doesn’t waste any time, does he?”

“I guess not,” Clark said evasively.

“Well, if it’s all the same to you, I’ve seen enough of this place,” Perry interrupted.

“Yeah.” Clark nodded, heading towards the elevators with Henderson, Lois, Dan, and Perry.

“It’s crazy, huh?” Jimmy asked, watching Lois and Perry leave.

Clark shook his head. “Yeah, crazy…. I still can’t believe Bill Church Jr kidnapped Perry like that.”

“I know. The Chief was his biggest defender.” Jimmy shook his head.

“Well, it looks like my work here is done.” Scardino muttered, brushing himself off. “If you run into Superman, tell him I said thanks for saving my butt.”

Jimmy looked from Scardino to Clark, anticipating the former rivalry that had once existed between them. Nothing.

“I’ll let him know,” Clark said.

“See you around,” Scardino replied. With that, he was gone.

One Week Later

“Lois, Clark, my office!” Perry bellowed across the newsroom. Lois and Clark glanced at each other, wondering what the other had done, but followed Perry’s orders.

“What’s up, Chief?” Lois asked, closing the door behind them.

“So, the police did a search of Billy’s office and found something interesting,” Perry said, pulling out a large metal box. “I figured you two could take it over to STAR Labs. I know a lot of people say this stuff is only harmful to Superman, but I don’t want to take any chances.”

“Chances?” Lois asked, feigning ignorance.

“Kryptonite,” Perry said grimly. “It’s red.”

“Red?” Lois and Clark asked in unison.

Lois and Clark glanced at one another. Pretending not to know of the meteorite’s existence wouldn’t work this time. They had both fought so hard to keep its existence a secret to protect Clark. Now Perry knew about it. Would he want the story printed? Would he hide the Red Kryptonite’s existence? They looked back towards their Editor-in-Chief, who looked at them with a Cheshire grin on his face.

“I figured you two could take it over to STAR Labs for safe keeping. With all the officers that were in Billy’s pocket… Well, I don’t want this getting into the wrong hands.” At their questioning looks, he pressed on, “Don’t look so surprised. I didn’t become Editor-in-Chief because I can yodel.”

After dropping off the red kryptonite with STAR Labs Lois and Clark made their way back to Lois’ apartment. Clark seemed withdrawn as Lois discussed the events of the past week. A new version of Kryptonite was out there. That was why he’d been apathetic during Perry’s kidnapping and why he’d allowed Gene and his henchmen to take the checks that morning.

The exposure to the red Kryptonite had left Clark feeling numb. He had buried so many emotions over the years and thought nothing of them. His fears of not being able to do everything had come out as he allowed himself to sit back and do nothing when his friends needed him most.

Over the last two years, he’d suppressed his desire for a relationship with Lois. Now, the closer they got, the harder it was to ignore the emotions he had bottled up for so long. The night Lois had come to his apartment and pushed their relationship past the normal barriers she’d kept for so long. Lately, those emotions had risen closer and closer to the surface. During his exposure to the red kryptonite, hiding those feelings had been impossible.

“Clark?” Lois waved a hand in front of him, trying to get his attention.

“Huh?” Clark looked up and saw Lois looking at him with concern.

“Are you okay?” She sat down next to him on the couch.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. I was just thinking,” Clark apologized, offering her a weak smile.

“It’s been a rough few weeks. How are you feeling?”

“Better, I guess.” Clark sighed. “I’m relieved to have an answer to a lot of unanswered questions.”

“Yeah.”

“I wonder how many different versions of Kryptonite there are out there.” Clark mused. “This red variation…. definitely had a different effect on me.”

Lois flushed slightly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “I’ll say.”

Clark cupped her cheek. “I’m really sorry about that. I should never have done that.”

Lois took a shuddered breath. “Well, I wasn’t exactly beating you off me.”

Clark looked up at her. They needed to talk. They really needed to talk. He caught her gaze. “Lois..” At the same time, she said, “Clark…” Then in unison, they both said, “You go first.”

Lois smiled shyly, “We’ve really got to stop doing that.” Her hand brushed against his as she watched him.

He looked up at her and smiled. “Yeah. I am really sorry, Lois, for everything.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Lois asked.

“I wanted to,” Clark said.

“You wanted to?”

“I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell you for the last few months,” Clark explained. “The timing…just wasn’t there.”

“I guess Mayson’s death and Dan showing up constantly didn’t make it any easier,” Lois reasoned.

Clark smiled weakly, then reached out to grasp her hand. “How mad are you?”

“I’m not mad.”

“What?”

“I’m not. I was embarrassed, angry, hurt, and… okay, I WAS mad, but not anymore.”

“Is this a trick?” he asked suspiciously.

“No, it’s no trick. I’m not mad. I had time to allow everything to sink in. I…I wasn’t the easiest person to deal with when you first met me.”

“Lois, I—”

“No, let me finish,” she said, holding up her hand to stop him from talking further. “I was mean, cruel in some instances, but you still put up with me. You put me in my place when I needed it and you were my friend when I needed you to be. I still can’t figure out why.” Her tears fell down her cheeks of their own accord.

Clark pulled her into his arms, trying to soothe her. “Lois, you’re being too hard on yourself. We’ve both put each other through…a lot.” He held her against him.

“I don’t understand why you put up with me,” she whispered.

“Lois, I don’t know how NOT to. You…. I love you, Lois.” He gazed down at her and cupped her cheek.

She smiled up at him. “I love you too, Clark. I’ve been trying to deny it for so long, but I do love you.” She leaned up to kiss him.

“Lois…” Clark whispered against her lips. “You have no idea how long I’ve waited to hear you say those words.”

“I think we’ve both waited long enough to hear a lot of things from one another.” She linked her arms around his neck.

“So, where do we go from here?” he asked.

“Well, I love you; you love me. That’s a good start to…well,” She leaned up to capture his mouth once again. He moaned against her lips, his arms encircling her waist.

<< He felt so good. His body was pressed up against hers as she wrapped her legs around him. She raked her hands through his dark silky hair as she continued to devour him. Their surroundings had changed. She felt the soft cotton of his bed sheets against her back as his weight shifted against her. “Cl…”

She hadn’t even felt them move from the couch to the bed. He felt so good. He shifted his weight against her, releasing her lips as he brushed his lips against the swell of her breasts, massaging them gently through the fabric of her lace bra. She recalled tossing her blouse on the floor in the living room earlier.

“Oh, Clark,” She moaned, reaching beneath the waistband of his jeans. She gasped as he rained a trail of featherlight kisses between the valley of her breasts.

” Oh, God, Lois…” he murmured.

“Oh, Clark, right there.” She whispered as he raised himself to her collarbone, massaging it with his tongue.

“Lois…” He moaned against her skin.

She laughed when his lips brushed against her earlobe, nibbling at the sensitive skin. She reached out to hold his hand, intertwining her fingers with his as he continued the pleasurable assault on her body. Her heart was pounding against her chest. He felt so good pressed up against her; as if he was meant to be there in her arms forever.

“Clark…” She moaned against his lips.>>

Was she ready for this step? She certainly felt like she was. It definitely felt right. They may have only been dating one another for a little over a month, but they’d known each other for almost two years. He had been her best friend for over a year now. Yes, it was scary to edge closer and closer to that intimacy threshold but to not cross it would probably drive them both insane.

He pulled away from her and had opted to just hold her against him. She wasn’t sure if she was relieved or disappointed. She could feel the heat from his body against her own. She wanted to touch him. Should she make the first move? Give him a sign that she wanted more from him?

“You didn’t listen,” she said, patting his knee lightly.

“Listen to what?” he asked, confused.

“When I told you not to fall for me. You didn’t listen,” Lois teased, crossing her arms over her chest in mock irritation.

“Oh, really?” he teased back. His tone was full of humor but his eyes were filled with something else. Desire? “I don’t seem to recall you having any problems with that before.”

Her breath caught in her throat as she tried to continue the teasing banter between them. “Yes, well, you made me think you were two different people. You tricked me into it.”

“Well, I had to figure out some way to break down the maximum security system you built around yourself,” Clark shot back.

Lois closed her eyes a moment, savoring the warmth from his touch. Her heart pounded as she watched him hesitantly. He seemed to be contemplating something as he gently squeezed her kneecap. He looked at her hesitantly, keeping her gaze. He seemed nervous.

<<“Oh, God, Lois…” he murmured.

“Oh, Clark, right there.” She whispered as he raised himself to her collarbone, massaging it with his tongue.

“Lois…” He moaned against her skin.>>

She really wanted him, but she was afraid to make the first move. What if he pulled away again? She traced the outline of his hand with her own, anticipating his next move. She tilted her head towards his as he leaned in to kiss her.

He felt her hand relax against his the moment their lips touched one another. She hungrily devoured him, pulling him into her arms as their embrace continued. The last few weeks had taken a toll on them both. He wasn’t sure where his head was, nor was he sure where hers was. He still wasn’t sure if she was even ready to take the next step in their relationship. Where they had been a few weeks ago was completely different now that she knew of his alter ego. Now she had to readjust, take everything she knew about him and merge that with everything she knew about his other identity.

He groaned in approval as she slipped her tongue inside his mouth. She ran her hands up and down his chest methodically, encouraging the embrace. He deepened the kiss, cupping her face with one hand. She linked her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Her hands roamed up and down the sides of his face as she tugged at his lower lip with her teeth.

He allowed his other hand to explore the curves of her body. He hesitated at first, but encouraged by her moans, grew more assertive. She felt so good in his arms. The things she was doing to him…

The memory of her body molded to his from a few weeks ago still haunted him. The way her skin felt, tasted…The way she felt when she…

“Oh, God…” he moaned as she moved to straddle him. He could feel his body responding to her touch as she raked her hands up and down his chest. His hands encircled her waist as she ran her hands through his hair, devouring his lips with her own.

He ran his hand up and down her creamy thigh, kneading it gently. He was surprised to find bare flesh beneath his touch. It intrigued him and turned him on even more. He looked down to see the ivory skin beneath her cream skirt.

“Clark….” She murmured as she leaned up against him, pressing her chest against his face as she fumbled with the button to her suit jacket.

His hands continued their exploration up the back of her thighs, kneading the flesh as she brushed her jacket off, revealing the pink sleeveless blouse beneath. He brushed his lips against her collarbone, pulling her to him as he lowered himself on the couch to begin shedding himself of his own jacket.

“Mmm….yes….” she murmured as she tugged his arm out of the jacket and threw it behind her.

“Loiss…” he hissed when she began to grind her hips against his. He could feel his body responding to her with each touch. If they kept this up he wouldn’t be able to stop. Right now he wasn’t sure if he wanted to. Every time, he thought they would slow things down, she grew more insistent, devouring him with her lips.

“Please…don’t stop…” she pleaded with him, moving his hand higher, towards her inner thigh. He groaned in approval.

“Oh, God…” he moaned, trying to string together a coherent thought in between kisses. “Lois…are…you…sure…we aren’t….moving…too …” he was cut short when she pressed her body against his, pushing him back against the couch cusion. “Oh, God…” he moaned, capturing her mouth once more.

She wanted this; that much was obvious. “Oh, God, yes…” she moaned, arching her back against him.

Did she know what that sultry moan was doing to him? He didn’t care.

“Don’t stop,” she pleaded.

“Are … you … sure … about … this?” Clark managed to choke out.

She didn’t give him a chance to question her further. Recapturing his mouth eagerly, she pressed her body against his. She’d never been so turned on in her life. He caught her gaze for a moment. Before she knew what was happening, he scooped her up and carried her into the bedroom.

She stood at the edge of the bed with him. He unzipped her skirt, allowing it to pool around her ankles as she kicked it off. She lifted her sleeveless top up, over her head and allowed him to drink in the sight of her.

**__**

Clark had never thought he’d seen Lois look so beautiful than when he’d picked her up for dinner a few nights ago. The sight of her in burgundy sent chills down his spine. He had been wrong. She lay beneath him in the sexiest ensemble he had ever seen. It was a sheer burgundy corset. The material barely concealed anything but it accented her body in all the right ways.

He moved down her body, leaving a trail of open-mouthed kisses along his path. She moaned in pleasure when he nudged at her ear. He’d have to remember that spot. He slipped a finger beneath the strap on her shoulder, tugging it down. Trailing a path of kisses along her collar bone, he detached the corset clasp in the back. Her muted cries of pleasure weren’t lost on him. His trousers still hung loosely around his waist and his briefs were growing more and more uncomfortable.

In one fluid motion, he tugged his trousers and briefs off. He flung them across the room.

“I thought you’d never do that,” Lois rasped out, taking hold of his member and pulling him towards her. “Please…” she pleaded with him.

That was all the encouragement he needed. “Does that hurt?” he asked cautiously.

“No…” she moaned again. “…just been…a…long…time.” She bucked her hips against his.

He smiled with relief and captured her mouth again. He took hold of her right hand, intertwining his fingers with hers as he deepened the kiss. He couldn’t help but get a sense of déjà vu as her body began to move against his. The only difference was there were no mind-controlling scientists bursting through the door or friends whose minds had been turned to mush. It was just him and Lois. That was all he ever wanted to be in a moment so intimate and precious to him.

Her cries of pleasure weren’t lost on him as he moved with her, exploring every crevice as he brought them both to the point of pleasurable ecstasy.

“Cl-ark!” she cried out. There it was. That sultry cry that had haunted him for so many nights over the past few years. He had dreamt of this for so long. Now there it was music to his ears. His name on her lips when she cried out in pleasure.

He collapsed on top of her. Any thought of moving was a foreign idea as of now. She still clung to him in the aftermath of their lovemaking, panting heavily. Her heart rate was racing, her face was flushed.

He rolled them over so they were on their sides, facing one another. She still had a glazed look on her face. He couldn’t help but smile. “You okay?” he asked.

“Huh?” she asked, slightly dazed. “Never better.” She said.

“You are…amazing,” he whispered, tightening his arms around her. How he loved this woman! That was the only thing that mattered. “I love you, Lois Lane,”

“I love you, Clark Kent,” She linked her arms around his neck once more and recaptured his lips, intent on repeating their earlier activities well into the night.

THE END

Last edited by folc4evernaday; 10/28/16 12:27 PM. Reason: Update

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube