Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Any comments? huh I know I have lots to learn abour fic writing.

Thanks

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think you did a good job of describing Lois's desolation and heartbreak. Clark running out at such an intimate moment, not telling her he's Superman, is of course the stuff of Great Angst. Can their relationship survive? Not without some communication!

I look forward to seeing how you get our favorite couple out of their mess.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, it looks like we're in for an angsty ride. I knew it was a long shot to have him share his secret here, but I was hoping for it anyway.

She hadn’t considered that Clark would be so scared, or disgusted, or whatever he was,
It's really too bad that Lois couldn't focus on the scared angle. That might have meant they had a chance of working things out a little quicker. grumble
No need Clark, it’s ok. It was what it was. Not a mistake as such, but something we needed to do, something to get past. We’ve been confusing working respect and admiration for something more.
Ouch! It's very Lois to steamroller over Clark, not letting him get a word in edgewise. Clark's thoughts (his admission to all the things he'd done wrong, the acknowledgement that Lois was not going to handle it well, his suspicion that her calm facade was not real or right) had me hoping that he'd force her to listen to him, but I don't think even Clark could withstand her dismissive words. Again - ouch.

BJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Em, you're doing a great job!

Lois's reaction was, of course, completely understandable. What else is she supposed to think?

Clark was a little braver than he sometimes is, beging so determined to talk to Lois after she was obviously trying to avoid him.

When he was thinking about telling her at the first opportunity, I was thinking "Don't wait for an opportunity, Clark! Make one!" And that's exactly what he tried to do.

Her 'the best defense is a good offense' strategy is also typical Lois Lane, which Clark realizes might be the case. I hope he's determined enough to work his way past her defenses.

As I've been saying all along, there's no possible way for Lois to understand what's going on until she knows about Superman. And, even though her words have hurt Clark, it's still his responsibility to tell her the truth. Otherwise she's left with the only possible conclusion; that Clark doesn't care. He's got to be brave enough to push past the thorny hedge and make her listen, even if she doesn't want to. It's not a matter of respecting her reluctance and letting it go because she wants him to, because she doesn't have all the facts and he's the only one who does. He owes her the truth.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, I just found this, and I'm glad I did. I like it. thumbsup

What HappyGirl said. Let's hope he is tenatious, and doesn't give up until he has told Lois the truth.

Next part, please! hyper

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi everyone, thank you so much for taking the time to leave FDK!! sloppy

Iolanthe

I'm pleased you're liking (as much as you can) the angst. You know I will get them out of it! I appreciate your comments about how Lois was feeling. I was worried that bit went on too long. I played around with it quite a bit and still wasn't completely happy - I am now! laugh

BJ

I know they're both being pretty frustrating at the moment, but I'm pleased you can see why. Clark was quite persistent, for Clark, but I know not persistent enough! There's a pretty major detail he really needs to share.

It's really too bad that Lois couldn't focus on the scared angle. That might have meant they had a chance of working things out a little quicker.
I'm afraid Lois went for the worst-case scenario. It was a pretty horrible position to be in though.

HappyGirl

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I'm glad you understood Lois and that you thought Clark was brave (or braver than he often is when it comes to being completely honest with Lois). I was trying to show that he did try at least to speak first!

Vicki

So pleased you've given my story a try! Clark, tenacious?! - We'll see. I will try my best to post soon.

Thank you all.

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard