Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Feedback goes here. Any interest? Do we care what happens next?

This *is* my happily ever after.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/squeeeeees happily/

I am so in!

So Lana and Pete know. Lois is trying to land a one on one with the elusive Clark Kent who really is the country boy we all know and love - already with one secret identity of sorts and I'm sure another one to come.

Would love it if Lois meets Smallville!Clark rather than Author!Clark wink .

So your posting schedule is... every day? Twice a day? More often?

Carol
/whisper/check your email/whisper/ wink

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I'm hooked. I loved it. I love alternate beginnings and this one sounds like lots of fun. Very well written and well done. Post the next part soon.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*SQUEE!* I love it and I wanna see more! hyper

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This has real promise. I love Lois's line:

"Well, I'm no Clark Kent...."

So "Clark Kent" is a household name, like Stephen King! And it's interesting that the Famous Author is an act too.

Both Lana and Pete know, obviously.

And what does Famous Author Clark have against Lex Luthor? Is Clark secretly undercover? What dastardly secrets has he unearthed?

And, of course, how will he end up meeting Lois?

*rubs hands in glee*

I can't wait for more posts!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, oh, oh, oh! I can't wait for more! I looked back at the author's name and thought, you've made me a happy girl with this story!! More, ple-e-e-e-ase!

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap
I know you’ve been chasing an interview with Lex Luthor for months, but if you managed to land a one-on-one with Clark Kent—not a PR puff piece, but a real, in-depth interview—well, *that* would be something to see.
Ha! I love it that Clark is already upstaging Luthor. I can't wait to see the posturing and/or confrontation at the White Orchid Ball. What will Lois' take on it be? Will there still be a power play between Lex and Clark for Lois' attention? And how will Lois react to seeing Clark with Lana?
He’d seen scores of cityscapes before. He didn’t understand why this particular view wouldn’t let him go.
Hopefully, you'll find out in the next post when undercover Clark bumps into Mad Dog Lane. Right? Right?!

As you can see, I can't wait for the next post. laugh

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yay for feedback! dance

I was afraid that this one started off a little too slowly, but it seems I've got takers, so /me breathes sigh of relief.

Carol, part 2 is off to the betas, as you know. Thank you Carol and Bob! I'm aiming for twice a week postings, mostly because real life has some storm clouds brewing so I can't completely blow it off like I did last time I started posting a longer story. So, next part probably Thursday.

Kathy, I like alternate beginnings, too. I started this one because I have a particular place I want to go and I don't think it's possible to get there from where the show begins, so I needed to change some of the starting parameters, as it were. It gives us more room to play around.

Queenie and Cookiesmom, your enthusiasm is encouraging. More is on the way. smile

Ilionthe, I was glad to see that you picked up on Lois's Clark Kent line. It's the first deviation from the pilot, and it's a pretty subtle one, so I was afraid that people would be skimming along and miss it.

BJ, I was intrigued that you found Lois so much softer than we expect from S1. Actually, most of her dialog in that first scene is straight from the pilot script. The Clark Kent line is the only one I added. When I go back and watch the pilot, one of the things that strikes me is the affection between Lois and Jimmy. It seems to me that they had a bit of a big sister/ little brother dynamic going on before Clark showed up. I don't doubt that Lois was Mad Dog Lane when we first met her, but she had a soft side as well. I think she was extra prickly with Clark because he threatened her, both professionally and because of her past with Claude. This Lois doesn't have a partner/competitor at work. She's still the undisputed queen of the newsroom, so she can afford to be a little more magnanimous.

As for Clark and Luthor, I hadn't thought precisely in terms of upstaging, but you're exactly right. Clark hasn't been in Metropolis before now, but I'm sure that's exactly how Luthor would see it--Clark coming into Luthor's town and stealing his limelight.

I'm also tickled by the various speculations about Clark being undercover. That's pretty much the theme of this story, as you can tell from the title. Which Clark Kent is the real one and which are the covers? I'm not sure Clark himself knows that at this point.

Stay tuned!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fascinating idea HappyGirl! thumbsup

I didn't used to think that I was into alt-beginnings/alt-universes, but 'Awaken My Heart' has definitely made me more open-minded and I'm going to get to enjoy some amazing fics as a result!

I will definitely be reading on. I love that Clark has taken a different career path (though who knows yet what he actually believes his career to be!) and he is more of a celebrity than Lois, much more, but he is still the Clark we know and love it seems.

Lois will be in awe of his Clark Kent personna when she meets him, though I'm pretty sure he'll be a little in awe of her too!! It appears a special someone is missing from his seemingly-perfect life.

You've created loads of questions at an early stage, which is a sign of a great idea with lots of possibilites. Can't wait to see where it goes. Will Superman or an equivalent be created? He's certainly taken a different approach. It seems similar intentions are there though he appears to have particular goals on quite a grand scale.

Just a first impression, this Clark seems a little less naive than canon-Clark. Although canon-Clark had travelled the world and was, in that sense, wordly-wise, there was a lot to begin with he had no real experience of, and city life and the cynicism that comes with it, was very new to him.

I love that there is still very much a secret identity or identities, even if the main secret (other than the obvious) is that he is a really a straightforward, kindhearted country boy, who hates all the grandeur.

In this story, it seems that Clark's everyday personna, the one most people see, is the cover. It is so interesting! I wonder how different his public Clark Kent personality is, it seems he's polite and well-liked.

So he still wears glasses all the time then, but different ones - he doesn't even like the glasses he has to wear for his public image! And the hairstyle he has to have sounds interesting.

I was pleased to see Lana was married!! It's nice that there are people in on the secret he can confide in, but I'm glad she's not a potential love-interest, at least I hope not!

Hmm, I wonder what Clark knows of Lex to make him dislke him at this stage...?

Great start, I love it, more soon! clap

Em

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I'm intrigued. smile

I, too, like alt-beginnings, and I like stories where Clark is already successful before he meets Lois, so this one looks like it will hit all the right buttons for me. thumbsup And I'm definitely smirking over the idea of Clark being just as famous (if not quite as rich) as Lex Luthor -- *and* that he's secretly investigating him. This Clark definitely has a lot going for him ... I just wonder what Lois will think when she meets him. Will she be star-struck like when she first met Lex in the pilot? Or will she meet "farmboy Clark" first and not realize who he is?

I can't wait to find out. smile

(Oh, and put me down for daily posts being just fine. lol )

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Very interesting...

I'm hooked!

More soon! smile

Amber

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
More feedback! Yay!

Em--I'm glad you're giving a new genre a chance. There are so many possibilities and it's fun to play around with them. Yes, this Clark is definitely more worldly-wise. And yes, his life is certainly only perfect on the outside. And, of course he's missing Lois. He just doesn't know it yet. wink This Clark needed an inner circle who could be part of his jet-set life, and I intentionally put Pete in there to diffuse any misguided speculation about a Clark/Lana match-up. Not gonna happen. As for the multiple identity issues--read on. Same with what Clark has against Luthor, and for Lois's reaction to the charming and popular Mr. Kent. wave Glad to see you're along for the ride. smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Happy!
Sorry that I’m a bit late to the party. But I figured, less waiting between parts that way goofy

Well, I’m no Clark Kent, but the mustache helped.
Huh?

“He’s in town, you know. Cat just heard from her source at the Jade Inn.”

Lois gave her editor a confused frown. “Who?”

“Clark Kent. Arrives this evening. He’s got the Presidential Suite booked for the next three weeks. His new book comes out next week and he’s doing the round of publicity interviews—Good Morning America, Today, all the local morning shows, you know the drill. I bet he’ll be at Luthor’s White Orchid Ball. You can’t hold the social event of the season and not invite Clark Kent if he’s in town. I know you’ve been chasing an interview with Lex Luthor for months, but if you managed to land a one-on-one with Clark Kent—not a PR puff piece, but a real, in-depth interview—well, *that* would be something to see.” With a last parting wink, Perry strode off toward his office, bellowing for Jimmy as he went.
That bit is just one eyebrow-raiser after another. And my cheeks hurt laugh

He hadn’t decided yet on his next hero’s name. He wasn’t even sure whether it would be a man or a woman. He only had the vaguest outline of a plot, but he knew it would involve the rescue of at least one girl from the sex trade. There would definitely be drugs in the mix. Guns, of course.
At least, on these boards, we don’t have to come up with the hero’s name wink

He wasn’t even sure which country he’d set it in. Maybe Cambodia, maybe Nepal. It would all come together once he got his feet on the ground and let the atmosphere--the sense of place and the culture--sink into his pores. He’d come up with a cover, bone up on the local language, then start making contacts. After a few weeks, a few months tops, he’d have enough raw material to hole up in Smallville and start the actual writing.
Interesting. He sure takes story-preparation to the next level.

It was a slow, roundabout process. He often wished that he could just swoop in, pull every girl out of every brothel in some grand rescue, and solve the world's problems with brute strength alone. Unfortunately, even with all his extraordinary gifts, he knew that was an unrealistic fantasy. Problems like this had to be addressed systemically, from the roots up. He hoped his story would open enough people’s eyes to the issue that it would make some dent in the public consciousness.
clap

You’re not ready to go public on him yet.
shock

“No need," Lana answered him. "Pete has business to attend to that night. Why don’t you take me?”

Clark gave Pete a questioning glance. “What business do you have at 9:00 on a Friday night?”

Pete answered with a sheepish grin, “The Royals are in the playoffs.”
laugh

He didn’t understand why this particular view wouldn’t let him go.
Wonder if he’s going to go for a stroll and meet a certain female reporter and get shot down as Hack from Nowheresville only to meet her again in the evening laugh

Okay, I’m hooked. And strongly thinking about reading part 2 right now.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Bumping the feedback thread to go with the story repost. smile

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Instead of sleeping this evening I spent the night reading all the parts of this story (so far). I can't wait to read the end! I hope we don't have to wait too long!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper

Looking forward to the conclusion.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah, this is back! smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
sloppy

I'm sorry about your brother. Thank you for coming back to this.

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard