This is a continuation of 100 Meters . Reading that (very) short work first will be helpful.

Time frame: Season 2 : That Old Gang of Mine

***~~~***
Part 1: Deflection
***~~~***

Lois opened the window to let me in. I knew this would be difficult. While I was floating toward her window, she looked angrier than I’ve ever seen. I don’t know how I’m going to do it, but I know why I’m here. Before I leave, it will be better for Lois. I hope it’ll be better for me as well.

As soon as my feet touch the floor, I begin to speak. “Lois, I…”

“What the hell are you doing here?”

The blast freezes me for a second. I’ve never heard anger from Lois like this. “I…”

She cuts me off again. “I know you saw me turn my back! You have no business skulking outside my window! Damn it! Clark died! You let Clark die!”

I have to find a way to tell her. I try again. “I’m…”

“Shut up! Do you really think I’m interested in any stupid apology? I watched my best friend die tonight. I saw my…” The last sentence dies on her lips. Her gaze drops to the floor.

“Lois…”

She still isn’t going to let me speak. “Get out!” She didn’t even bother to look at me this time. The volume was lower but the words were thick with anger.

This can’t be happening. “Lo…”

Her head pops up and I see that rage again. Suddenly she charges toward me and pushes me toward the still open window. “You heard me! Get the hell out you worthless…” She cut’s herself off. I’m sure that had she continued, I would have heard a string of expletives.

I don’t know what to do. The way Lois is now, who knows how she’ll react to the truth?

My mind is still spinning when Lois speaks once more. This time her voice doesn’t carry anger, just infinite pain. “Just leave. I hate… I never want to see you again!” She runs into her bedroom and slams the door.

I feel like I just died for the second time tonight.

TBC