Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura, you rat - you made me cry! whinging

This was lovely. I love this whole waffy series. clap

"What did they give you, Daddy?"

Clark kissed the top of her head and said, "You, sweetie. They gave me you."
Watch LabRat's bottom lip tremble. <waffy sigh> Superb!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lovely story.

Ellen certainly did wrong. There are things that you never should say. However, sometimes they are even in the language, like what is "a real parent" and you must define them anew.

Earlier in the story, I couldn't help feeling sorry for Ellen, though, when Clark compared her with Martha: it must be very hard to Ellen to know that even if she tried her best, she could never be as good with children as Martha is - it's a natural gift.

And I wonder, if Clark idealizes Martha a little bit - *nobody* is that perfect. There is no mother who didn't sometimes cause a disappointment on her child, simply because she is a human being.

Clark did wonderful job dealng with Samantha's diappointment, though.

Gabriele
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Laura

This is beautifully written. smile1

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Laura
great waffy story
beautifully written
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thanks for your comments, LabRat, Tricia, Gabriele, Merry, and Maria smile .

I think this brings "The View" series to a close. Glad you enjoyed it. I know a lot of people are thinking "Why does Laura, self-proclaimed kid hater, write a next gen story?" I had the idea at work Saturday night durring the St. Ignatius v. Massolin game because I work with a little girl named Samantha. She's about 8-10 with long red hair and big green eyes and she idolizes me -- calls me her "best friend". (I can deal with 8 year olds -- it's little kids that drive me nuts). Every time I looked at her, "The View" came to mind. So I came home and started writing and didn't stop until it was done. I wrote the whole story around that last line, so I am really glad you liked it!!

Earlier in the story, I couldn't help feeling sorry for Ellen, though, when Clark compared her with Martha: it must be very hard to Ellen to know that even if she tried her best, she could never be as good with children as Martha is - it's a natural gift.
Of course it is, but Ellen also has a problem in her personality and I believe it was well-documented in the show. And Ellen doesn't *hear* Clark comparing her with Martha. He is just thinking about it in his head not outloud. Ellen has no idea Clark is comparing anything.

And I wonder, if Clark idealizes Martha a little bit - *nobody* is that perfect. There is no mother who didn't sometimes cause a disappointment on her child, simply because she is a human being.
Of course he does. Sons idolize their mothers. If you would ever hear my father talk about his mother, you'd think she was a God! And he hated her when she was alive. And I believe it is also in human nature to compare people. And since Clark isn't perfect and he doesn't especially like Ellen, it is in his nature to compare the two in his mind.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments on this story and the other two "View" stories, too.

- Laura smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard