Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, that will be it, they have Mums in Australia, just like over here!

Wow, NYC, I would love to go there. It's top of my list of must-visit places. Is it your first trip to the US/Canada Corrina?

You're very, very welcome for the FDK, hope you are having a fantastic time. Make the most of it, no pressure for the next part - what am I saying!!! Maybe a teeny tiny bit of pressure. wink

Em smile

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Merriwether
Merriwether
You should be glad they called you a Mom here. If they called you a mum, they'd be telling your daughter they had pretty flowers for her in the lobby. lol

Kathy

R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Damn fine resolution to the cliffhanger! That'll teach Lois (and us) to have our minds in the gutter! Like everyone else, I thoroughly enjoyed this part. Riz is a terrific character and it's really great that Lois has finally met someone (besides Kal) who shows some interest in the art of conversation.

Have a wonderful vacation. We'll be waiting patiently for the next part!

Regards,

Rac

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey you are in my neck of the woods! Enjoy it! I am about 50 miles away form NYC. I am in the suburbs of Long Island. Hope you have a great time. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi there

The second part of 16 is ready, but I'm on a bus between NYC and Buffalo and the internet is very unreliable.
wallbash
If it will work long enough, I'll have it posted soon. If not, I'll try tomorrow.

Corrina.

And yes, I'm a 'mum'!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

If you're driving from NYC to Montreal, you will have driven past my old hometown - Kingston, NY. I doubt you would have had cause to get off the Thruway (unless, of course, you're driving up 9W, which takes you straight through town), but for what it's worth, that's where I grew up! smile

If I recall correctly, this should be about the right time to catch the fall folliage, so it should be a pretty drive up to Canada. I hope you're enjoying your trip!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, we were posting at the same time. You're on a bus headed to Buffalo?? I think you got on the wrong bus! laugh

Edited to add: Oh, I get it. Are you taking a detour over to catch Niagara Falls? That should be fun.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
OK, 16 part b is posted.

I don't have any time to do a final re-read, so I hope it doesn't have too many typos.

Thanks for your patience.

Corrina

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
buffalo? well, that should be a nice drive, but thank goodness it hasn't snowed yet, right? cuz buffalo...i'm cold already!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, Corinna. I can't wait for your writing of "tomorrow'.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, great part, Corinna. So, Tek has the knowledge of a scientist, but he is forced to be a servant? Something tells me that Kal might find the solution to the water problem on New Krypton right there, with Tek.

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
uh i don't see 16b did anyone else see it? confused

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
16b was added to the original 16a posting. i think its just part 16 now. find it - its great!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina added 16b to the bottom of her post of 16a, and changed the name of the post from 16a to 16, indicating it is now complete. smile

Oh, Sarah beat me to it. Well, I second her suggestion: read it - it's great!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Got i thanks
smile

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think Tek has given Kal lessons on Courting 101. And Kal is a quick study. The natural leader in him is coming through; he's full of plans for how to win Lois for himself and get past the barriers between them.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a nice surprise to see the rest of Part 16 when I got home from work. It really made my day.

Oooh - Kal has a plan wink But what does it entail?! Again, it's easy to think it involves a certain piece of knowledge he's recently acquired from a certain diagram, plus a little info from Tek, but I've been wrong when going down that road before! It could involve his secret (we're getting close to the reveal of that) or it could just be a different approch to get Lois to agree to marry him (which could be linked to the other two points!). Or, as is most likely, none of those!!

Lois wondered if she sensed a wistfulness in his tone. “Do you hope you will have children one day?” she asked, trying to keep her tone even. “With Za?”

“That is why we are married,” Kal said, his face closed and unreadable. “Did you like visiting Riz?”
Hmm, changed the subject a bit quickly there methinks! If it was a few days before, I would have thought it was just Kal being naive, thinking 'oh well, better luck with next month's sample!' but now he is quite likely better informed I wonder at his response, or non-response. You would think at the present time he would be keen to dismiss any links to Za, though he does still, it seems, feel a duty to produce an heir with her. I suppose he thinks even if he is to get Za pregnant, it wouldn't be through making love, so his new knowledge makes no difference. He maybe doesn't see how it would affect Lois, especially when he claims he wants her to be his true 'wife' in the way she described. He is much more aware of Lois' feelings now though, so I'm fairly sure he would realise she wouldn't be exactly happy about him having a child with Za and would prefer if he could have one with her, and only her.

He is still, I imagine, of the impression he has 'bad seed' and is therefore downbeat and ashamed about that. Lois hasn't divulged her suspicions to him yet.

I wonder whether Lois thinks he actually saw the picture after all or not. She was convinced when he said he wanted to 'try something with her', but then it wasn't what she suspected and he hasn't mentioned it.

“Kip taught Tek ... taught him during the Transition Years and also once we had landed on New Krypton ... but none of it is recognised. I tried to make an Exemption to the Rules and have Tek declared a Scientist, but Exemptions cannot be made without certain exact conditions being met.”

“Such as?”

“The full support of the Regal Nobles.”
It seems Nor may have something against Tek and probably his father before him. His knowledge perhaps?!!

“Yes. And Ard.”

Lois spluttered. “Ard?”

“C1. She is Tek’s sister.”
She is his sister! But why did she need protecting? Her beauty? Kal doesn't recognise it, it doesn't mean Nor doesn't. And why is she so childlike? She doesn't appear to have Tek's brains. Is it due to her sheltered existence or some form of trauma?

Could it be possible Kal *hadn’t* noticed Ard’s beauty? “She is physically very attractive,” Lois said.

“Is she?”

Lois couldn’t contain the elation that whooshed its way around her heart. This amazing man, with such an awesome capacity to care for others, loved her ... and it seemed, had never even noticed anyone else.
laugh I smiled along with Lois at that. It isn't surprising though, knowing what we do of Kal. Because of his way of life until Lois, Kal doesn't seem to have even considered whether people are attractive or not. Actually, there are a lot of things he's never even considered or questioned! He's been so programmed to only think about certain things and perform certain duties. That's all he thought there was to life, so he got on with it. Of course, he couldn't fail to notice Lois!!

Ching was north, Yent, the other Regal Noble, was south – so the three Regal Nobles included two from the south and one from the north.
It's interesting Ching is from the north. Would make him a very good match for Za and maintain the joining of the two different sides! Sorted - almost!

If Nor did consider Kal to be north, it explained why he would want Kal to remain childless, but did not expain why he was willing to passively wait for Kal to die in order to wrest back control for the south.
Hmm, there's still a dastardly plan brewing isn't there. He won't be waiting for Kal to die - not naturally anyway!

The door opened and Kal walked in ... holding two cups.

Lois smelt it again ... the coffee smell.

Kal beamed. “I thought you’d like a drink,” he said.
Awwww. This put a daft grin on my face! The news travelled fast, she didn't even have to ask for it.

“Yes, but I have never tried it before.”

“Why not?”

“I didn’t know about it. I just order blue ... so that’s what I get.”
He really never questioned anything about his monotonous routine did he?!! He's been sheltered from a lot more than just the facts of life. There are probably a lot more interesting foods on New Krypton than Lois has got to sample, Kal just asks for the same every day because he knows no better! I love how the drink is called 'blue' by the way, or that's how it translates anyway. hyper What does he have in store? Oh no, might be a while until the next post!

Fantastic and intriguing again Corrina. Some answers were given and then more questions!

Thank you so much for posting en route!!

Em

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
As I said before, I hope Tek will turn out to be a scientific wiz, given the teaching he was given by his great scientist father, who was the one who found New Krypton and saved the fleeing Kryptonians' lives. I have always thought that Tek's name sounds like "tech", as in technology. Maybe Tek will construct the technology they need to find or produce desperately-needed water on New Krypton?

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Maybe Tek knows something about desalinization plants? They have salt water oceans.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I am so happy I checked the story again! I didn't realize you added so much. I was right about Ard<g> I am glad you went that route. Also the time Kal and Lois spent together was very sweet. I hope they have more conversations about Zara and how he plans to have children. She should voice her fears about Nor soon. And I hope he learned about the birds and the bees a bit. I can't wait for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard