#66304 09/22/09 04:41 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

I'll be offline for awhile, so probably won't be able to respond to comments until next week sometime, but I'll appreciate them just the same...

#66305 09/22/09 05:10 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
no - come back, ahhhhh! i am going to be worried about this now until the next post!!! loving lois and clark together!

#66306 09/22/09 05:50 PM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Another great part. I have been reading but unfortunately have not had time to comment till now.

I especial love the first part - it was wonderful and sweet.

However Clark has gotten himself in a pickle.

I look forward to the next part

robinson
#66307 09/23/09 04:06 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Tell her! Tell her! Tell her!

Ack! You end these parts in the worst places!

But I loved the rest of it - I love how you write Clark's attraction to Lois.

Thanks for posting early!

Amber

#66308 09/23/09 06:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm wondering, in this AU, if Clark will indeed end up telling Lois his secret. I don't know if you've shown their attraction to be at that level, yet. So right now, I think Clark would have to become more smitten with Lois before he starts seriously considering telling her.

But there's definite attraction there. And if she does find out "early" (as compared to show canon), I'd be interested to see what she does with that information. Would she be good enough friends with Clark to keep it under her hat?

(And I forgot. Does Clark know he's an alien from Krypton in this fic at this point of his life? Or does he not know what is the cause of his unusual abilities?)

Anyway, if he does tell Lois, or if she figures it out or catches Clark in a slip somehow, what would she do? I think the Lois you've described right now would probably take the story to Perry White so she could win a Pulitzer. (Alien on Earth? Biggest story ever.) She's friends with Clark, but maybe not good enough friends to suppress a story of this magnitude....

(That of course brings up the reminder of the recently posted fic, "From The Ruins" by Alisha Knight, recently posted to the Archive. Would your Lois print the story?

#66309 09/24/09 09:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh boy, Lois is going to go undercover amidst an unwashed work crew in the worst part of Metropolis, dressed like she's anything but a reporter huh

“So, why the big secret,” Lois asked and I said nothing. This relationship wasn’t even going to last a day, was it?
This sums it up, but to elaborate: The entire talk went from innocent to oh boy in a heartbeat.

Great part. Hope you've had a nice weekend, thinking that you will probably read this only once it's time to post the next part laugh
Michael jump

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#66310 10/01/09 01:10 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Sorry. As always happens, going out of town disrupts Rye's schedule and so she's harder to deal with, so I'm feeling sort of brain dead.

But we have guests tomorrow morning/afternoon overlapping with a guest showing up tomorrow afternoon and spending the weekend, so I want to respond to feedback now and get the next chapter up before all the visitors arrive.

Sorry, Sarah. I'll trust that you weren't really all that occupied with thinking about this. And if you were, you should have your answer sometime soon.

robinson - Thanks! No worries about not commenting. I do it all the time.

Thanks, Amber!

IolantheAlias - No telling right now as to what will happen with Clark, Lois, and his secret.

No, Clark does not know what causes his abilities - this is a large part of his self esteem issues - not knowing if he's an alien, a science experiment, or something else he hasn't considered yet.

Michael - Good point. Clark and Lois stand a good chance of both being hired considering their talents. But they don't know that. Plus, I don't really picture them as being more talented than half the DP newsroom combined. They have a lot of raw talent, but given their limited experience and education, they still need some polishing. Neither is the journalist they are in the Pilot yet.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard