cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Well, I certainly didn't expect that! Any of that...

A lot was revealed in a few words, and of course that just leads to more questions.

So when are you going to tell us more? Because you said that was the end, and while I can accept it was the end of that story, there is definitely more to tell!

Great story!

Amber

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for your comments, amber. Yes, this is going to be a long series of stories. So this is it for the first episode, but there is much to be done and revealed in the next story "Nighttime in the Daytime" with the same characters in the same universe. BTW, there is a version of this on the nfic channel.
regards
Artemis

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This definitely cries out for sequel(s).

BTW, could you please change the icon to a blue arrow? I almost missed this chapter.

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Iolanthe, I thought I did use the blue arrow, but I posted two versions at once late at night and my brain was fried. The nfic version is longer. You might enjoy that if you haven't seen it already.
cool
Artemis

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Artemis, that's not an epilogue, that's an interlude smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi DM:
Well, it started being an Epilogue and wound up entirely different. When I go to the Archive, it will just be the last chapter of the story. goofy
Thanks for reading!
cool
Artemis

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
looking forward to the next par!

Top Banana
Top Banana
That is not an end. :p But then, you knew that. laugh

I like these two together. Bold Clark is a hoot. I'm glad to hear that you're planning 'a long series' with these two.

Looking forward to the next story. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just to keep your hopes up, I'm writing the next story right now. So it won't be too long. After all, the muse is driving Clark's sports car smile
cool
Artemis

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Artemis:
It did cry out for a resolution.
Now it cries out for a sequel. Very good thing that you've already said
Originally posted by Artemis:
Just to keep your hopes up, I'm writing the next story right now. So it won't be too long. After all, the muse is driving Clark's sports car

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Driving home after dinner, Lois was still mulling over her father’s reaction to the name of Clark Kent. She was a good investigator herself – her father’s daughter he told her – and something was out of whack. As far as she knew, Clark was a new young FBI agent in the Metropolis office. On the other hand, Admiral Sam Lane was working in the local Navy District office, presumably as the head of it. She suddenly realized she didn’t know for sure. When was the last time she had seen her father in his uniform?

Maybe she should turn the Lane investigative capabilities on Special Agent Clark Kent.
And now Lois knows something, too laugh clap

Michael, looking forward to Nighttime wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Michael. I'm working on Chapter 1.
cool
Artemis

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Artemis wave

I've been meaning to get to this for a while and your revisions of the ending reminded me. I went through the whole story so I hope the roll-up FDK is okay.

First, I love the universe. When I saw Clark's birthday of 1978 I did a triple-take. Between that and the description of his life growing up, I know we were in a different, but familiar place.

I love the geek-spy Clark. It provides a good basis for avoiding many of Clark's hang-ups.

The toaster episode was a good setting and made for a great meeting place for Clark and Lois. I particularly liked Clark's decision that a kiss would be a better choice when he and Lois were discovered by Toni.

I guess my biggest head-scratcher was "Where's Superman?" Is it that this Clark has found other ways to help people through his career and there will never be a need to put on the red and blue suit? I guess it doesn't help that he doesn't have Martha to make the suit for him.

I'm glad you are working on the next part. There seems to be a LOT more story to tell.

I enjoyed it very much! clap
(Sorry for being so late.)

Bob

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, Bob. That was great. I've thought for a long time that meeting for the first time in the Metro Club would be a terrific beginning. It wouldn't have worked for the TV show because you need a quicker way to get Clark in the uniform.
Yes, Clark's a guy who has integrated his abilities with his life pretty well. So it would take a really big thing to get him into a costume and go public. At heart, he's a simple guy from Smallville, Kansas, who's managed to hide his abilities from the world. His brother Pete is in on the secret, but his sister Rita isn't. He's managed to keep his foster parents clueless.
Questions to ponder:
1. What one really *big* thing would he need a costume for?
2. Who would make it for him?
3. Does he still have the "S" from his blanket and where is it?
4. How deep is Mad Dog Lane going to dig in Clark's past?
5. What did he do between graduating from Smallville High in 1994 at 16 and entering the University of Kansas in 1996 at the age of 18?
6. Does he already have a professional relationship with Admiral Lane other than being just another Special Agent in Metropolis?
7. And what was my motivation in writing all this?
Well, I loved Lois and Clark and all the fiction that descended from the episodes on the boards, but I thought they could use a new twist after all this time.
Thanks for your comments! Keep watching your door for your UPS guy.
regards
Artemis

Top Banana
Top Banana
Bob's quote from the story, about Lois being her father's daughter as far as investigating goes, brings up another new twist in this universe: Lois doesn't have the same 'I was never good enough for you because you wanted me to be a doctor' issue that we are used to. Nor does she have the 'you abandoned us for your floozie of the month' issue. Of course, there could be other tensions--absent father issues are common in military families, for instance--but we can't assume that we know what kind of relationship this Lois has with her family. Lois, like Clark, has a different family background from the one we are used to. Also, Clark not having his parents in on the secret also means that he hasn't had years of Jonathan's 'dissect you like a frog' speech, either. Lois from a two-parent family, and Clark from a healthy foster family with siblings, makes for people we don't know as well as we might assume. We've seen a bit of how Clark is (delightfully) different. I'm assuming that we're going to see more of Lois's differences in the next story.

And yay for starting a new twist. I agree that it's refreshing to have new territory to explore. cool

This *is* my happily ever after.
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
HG, you are right. This Lois is a lot stronger and more well adjusted than LnC Lois. Notice too, that Ellen is a proactive military wife (which is actually a full time career in itself). And we will see more of Lois' life as she bonds with Clark. Oh, yes there is bonding to come! More nfic too!.
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad I'm getting through in my dialog & descriptions.
cool
Artemis

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Artemis,

I just finished this and enjoyed it immensely. When I saw the birth date and job I knew we were alt. Nice set up for future stories in the same universe. I look forward to reading the Nighttime in the Daytime set.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Ken. I'm looking forward to more of your Volume 3 too. A recent inbetweenie that explains more of Clark's background is "The Agent and the Admiral" recently posted. It is here
regards
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was going to say, That's NOT an Ending!!! That's a taking off point. So glad I already know that there's more. smile1 clap

I love the heat between Lois & Clark and over breakfast as well. I have a similar scene in my Green-Eyed Monster, but my characters resist themselves better. (Actually I think someone said I should check out your story because my scene reminded them of yours)... ANYWAY, back to your story.

Loved the parrallels with the Pilot, except that Lois finds Lex creepy instead of sexy (much better motivation for her). Of course, she's already kissed Clark by this point, so every other man will pale in comparison. laugh

It was nice to meet Alice as well. I think the poor lady is sadly lacking in story time (but she's was always a mystery until the end of S4).

Great story. Already checked out Admiral and Agent (or was it the other way around?) and now I'll go comment on that.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard