Print Thread
#662 05/02/03 08:49 AM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
More minor tweaking. We should get into the major changes in the next section.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#663 05/02/03 10:45 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

"THAT'S where I know you from! They keep a copy of the Daily Planet in the break room at work. I KNEW your name was familiar." She snapped her fingers trying to think. "You wrote with someone else a lot. Lisa... Lori..."
evil I always thought that at the end of the weeked when they sign out, he will tell the counter to bill to Paul, full for the room he never use.

Suddenly he realized what he was doing and tore his gaze from her body to her face. He cringed, expecting to see her ready to strike at him for taking advantage of this situation. He was ashamed of himself for not immediately turning and leaving the room, and expected to be chastised.
smile1I love this part!

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#664 05/02/03 01:45 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Paul is such slime. I really just want to slap him. Are there actually guys who act this way? No, don't tell me, there probably are...

I like Maria's idea about billing the hotel room to Paul. And needless to say, I love this bathroom scene... drool

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#665 05/02/03 03:03 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have to ditto Kathy on this one... I love the bathroom scene too! drool
It's just too bad that Clark didn't think that it would be suspicious to sleep in his sweats and not get hot. I think Lois would have enjoyed that!
Definately agree with billing Paul- Love the story!

~sunkist

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#666 05/02/03 03:54 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

Thanks for reposting! clap

I love this story and am thoroughly enjoying reading it again. I'm looking forward to the next part.

Tricia cool

#667 05/02/03 04:35 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! LOL, I really did say that outloud at the very end. Any story that has me making comments and noises outloud must be pretty great.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#668 05/02/03 05:00 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL on the cut-off, Annie! What a way to get people to come back for part 3. rotflol

I am confused on one comment, though ...

Maria quoted:

"THAT'S where I know you from! They keep a copy of the Daily Planet in the break room at work. I KNEW your name was familiar." She snapped her fingers trying to think. "You wrote with someone else a lot. Lisa... Lori..."
OK, I've read this story at least six times and I can't for the life of me figure out where this quote comes from. Annie's going to think I snuck a new scene into her story or something. <g> Can you help me out, Maria?

A confused Kathy, who nonetheless is enjoying seeing everyone's reaction to the story. Whoever said BRs don't have ownership. <g>

#669 05/02/03 07:10 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This had me confused as well Kathy. confused
Then I realized it was from Carol and Missy's 'The One Where Lois And Clark Make Some New Friends'.

Tricia cool

#670 05/03/03 09:37 AM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks everyone! Glad people are enjoying this revised version.

Paul is such slime. I really just want to slap him. Are there actually guys who act this way? No, don't tell me, there probably are...
Well, Paul's a bit over the top, but unfortunately he's definitely a compilation of people I actually know.

I always thought that at the end of the weeked when they sign out, he will tell the counter to bill to Paul, full for the room he never use.
You know, I thought about that, but decided against it because Clark isn't paying for the room, The Daily Planet is. That means 1) he's not losing any money and 2) if he makes Paul pay, Perry's going to want to know why Clark didn't sleep in his room and where he was sleeping. Not a conversation Clark wants to have with him, I imagine. <G>

OK, I've read this story at least six times and I can't for the life of me figure out where this quote comes from. Annie's going to think I snuck a new scene into her story or something. <g> Can you help me out, Maria?
I was really confused and I DID think Kathy was sneaking something in on me! I wouldn't put it past her, she's pretty sneaky. Always trying to help me and stuff. <G>

A confused Kathy, who nonetheless is enjoying seeing everyone's reaction to the story. Whoever said BRs don't have ownership. <g>
LOL. I've often thought you should have as much ownership to this as I do. God knows I'd have given up on it long ago without you.

Annie (off to post part three!

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#671 05/03/03 03:51 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie,
keep this coming quickly
I'm enjoying the reread
merry

#672 05/03/03 03:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I have to apologize for a quote in the comments that appear. evil I always thought that at the end of the weeked when they sign out, he will tell the counter to bill to Paul, full for the room he never use.

Sorry sometimes don't want to copy or paste. huh

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#673 05/04/03 04:41 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
if he makes Paul pay, Perry's going to want to know why Clark didn't sleep in his room and where he was sleeping. Not a conversation Clark wants to have with him, I imagine. <G>
Oh, very good point. Hadn't thought of that. And, of course, Paul wouldn't have paid for it personally either, his paper would have. So it wouldn't have made any serious impact with him anyway. :rolleyes:

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#674 05/04/03 01:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
this part was so much fun, annie. i love their shy nervousness at sharing a room, the way she trusts him, the warmth he takes from that trust, the little touches like the way he can't resist getting breakfast for her from paris... really waffy, really fun. smile love the ending to this part, too. smile looking forward to reading part 3 when i get there.

Paul, who happens to have a sister named jennifer, and is studiously ignoring the actions of this evil person who has been usurping his name.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard