#66082 09/11/09 10:42 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Comments?

My computer has been returned to me, but not fixed. I'm holding on to it over the weekend, but then will be sending it back and so possibly won't have access again (I'm not sure why the other computer wouldn't let me on the Boards - it has in the past). I hope to have this computer back by next Friday, and past experience says I probably will, but they don't guarantee service that fast, so it's possible the next chapter will be posted a little late.

#66083 09/11/09 11:31 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wow.
i mean, you promised that it wouldn't be a kiss on the cheek, but this, THIS is huge!!! I just hope that lois isn't mad at clark now for not coming back to her sooner, this is getting very interesting..

#66084 09/11/09 06:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whew! *wipes forehead*

The romantic tension is ratcheting up! You almost got us into nfic territory there, girl!

Liking this immensely.

BTW, did you mean to have a large section in the middle of this post be in all-italics, or was that a formatting error?

#66085 09/11/09 07:19 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
That was fabulous! I loved the whole thing - the kissing scene, Star, the talk with his parents, his neurosis smile - every bit of it!

I just hope things with Lois don't go badly now...

Good luck with your computer - computer trouble is the worst. razz

Looking forward to more!
Amber

#66086 09/13/09 07:19 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*yay* Update hyper

Nancy, I never expected them to go this far, but when you did the fade out and then switched over to the voices, I wondered if Clark had just crossed the intimacy threshold. The story flow and style of presentations had all the markings of it. But I think I am happy they haven't. It probably would have messed things up even more. And Lois is so going to fret over Clark not getting back to her sooner even if she has run out of her room before he got a chance to do so as soon as he had his wits together, sort of.

M&J where cool and funny and laugh on CLark's musings on whom to talk to.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#66087 09/14/09 11:30 AM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Sorry for the delay. The weekend was sort of bad. Nothing really going on aside from some guests on Saturday, but very little sleep on Friday night and Saturday meant that we sort of collapsed yesterday.

On the plus side, this meant that I forgot to get my computer packed up yesterday so I still have it.

Sarah - Thanks! This is huge and the next chapter, if not the next two, will mostly be about Clark and Lois realizing how huge it is.

IolantheAlias - No nfic here. At most, I'll insinuate, but don't expect this to move to the other side of the Boards. I did have a conversation with Carol when writing this story about what Clark meant when he said he'd gone right up to the line but not crossed it in... whatever the episode it's in that he tells Lois he's a virgin. My intent is to keep this Clark's experience in a similar place and be as vague about it here as they were in the show.

Thanks for the italics catch, BTW. That was a typo.

Amber - Thanks! I personally am a fan of the Martha/Jonathan scene. But then I find I like a lot of them in this story. I keep seeing them as being very amused by how seriously Clark takes his life right now.

Michael - You know it never occurred to me that anyone would expect them to have gone that far. When I finished the previous chapter, I hadn't even intended them to go as far as they did. I wasn't envisioning any more than a kiss. I guess you saw what was coming before I did.

I think it's safe to assume I will not have my computer back before next week now. They insist I be home all day before they'll pick it up (so they don't need to worry about being on any type of schedule) and I'm going out tomorrow afternoon, so I won't be able to get it picked up before Wednesday. They are usually fast about fixing it and sending it back, but since they won't receive it until Thursday, Friday seems like it's pushing it. If I can manage to log on from the other computer, though, I'll post the next chapter. Otherwise, I'll do it when I get the computer back.

#66088 09/14/09 04:44 PM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ahh - waiting impatiently for the next part!!!

#66089 09/15/09 06:00 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Thanks, Sarah.

Got logged in through the other computer, so there shouldn't be too much trouble posting on Friday. I may even do so on Thursday as we're going away for the weekend, leaving Friday afternoon, so Friday may be a bit hectic.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard