Big thanks to Female Hawk for her quick BR. Your suggestions were great!

Clark, I know that I wasn’t fair to you when we met each other. I said so many awful things to you just to keep you at arm’s length, to keep you away from my heart.

I thought we talked about this. I told you how sorry I am about my behavior, and I meant it … but you still send mixed signals. With your words you tell me you still want friendship or perhaps more, if I am willing to take the next step as well.

Your continual disappearing act tells another story. One moment we talk to each other before I see your mind leave our conversation, then I see your mouth give me a feeble excuse and then … you walk away.

Actions speak louder than words, Clark!

And then, yesterday I saw you kissing … *her*! You told me she doesn’t mean anything to you, that she is only a friend.

Yet you were kissing her!

Again, actions speak louder than words!

I don’t know what to do. I don’t know, how can I go on. My heart tells me that it can’t live without you anymore, that it doesn’t want to lose you, regardless how much it hurts. But my mind tells me that I should leave as fast as I can and as far as my feet carry me, because you are just like every other man in my life. You came into my life and made me fall in love with you, made me let down the walls around my heart

Now, I wonder – are you just going to leave me?

I don’t know what to do Clark, I can’t leave you. I can’t leave the planet. But I can’t stay near you if your heart belongs to another woman.

Please Clark, don’t do this to me my heart has been hurt so very often.

If you wound it too … I don’t know if I could fix it this time…

Kathryn