Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Wrapping up some loose ends in this chapter - but not all of them, especially not the most important one. Let me know what you think!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“No!” Lucy raised her hands in surrender. “I don’t want to beat him up! I just want him to get something resolved with Lois. I don’t want her pining for him for the next fifteen thousand miles.”

“Really? You really want to do this? Right now?”

“Well, yeah, since we’re leaving tomorrow morning and I don’t see him flying after us everywhere we go.
Tee-hee! I suspect you picked this phrasing deliberately, Terry?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lucy to the rescue! I have an inkling what her plan might be, but I won't post it in case I'm right. I promise to fess up if I'm completely off base. In any case, the band is clearly going to be in on it, so all's good on that front.

Poor Linda. She got what she deserved. Which is a fate I wouldn't wish on any of us. She's lucky she's not dead.

And Toni! I feel a chorus of "Isn't It Ironic" coming on.

Perfect place to leave it, Terry. We'll all on pins and needles.

This *is* my happily ever after.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wonder what lucy's up to...hmmm, and lois - why so distraught when we know clark can fly everywhere she is? maybe the music deal will let them leave metropolis as a base and be on the road less, although luthor is too slimy for comfort.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I love it. I can't wait to see how you resolve things. I hope the next part is coming soon

robinson
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good to see the Mountaintops are standing her ground against Luthor.

Toni having her brother whacked is a nice twist, but you mentioned something about her becoming less likable. So far, she's still the little girl trying to make her way in a man's world clap notworthy

And what's Lucy up to? hoping for the conclusion soonest spider

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hey, y'all! Thanks for reading and/or commenting. The final chapter will be up very soon, but I wanted to respond to a few people first.

Iolanthe: Yes, I picked that phrasing deliberately. I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that Lucy had no idea what Clark could do away from the sound board.

Sarahg: Lucy's getting sneaky in her old age. No telling what she might do to Clark!

Incidentally, I had originally written that nocturnal visit in chapter 22, but something about it didn't set well with me. It also took Lois' reactions to the impending separation from Clark from the "show" category and put them in the "tell" category, and that's usually not the best way to go. So my muses gave me the hotel room scene with Lucy and Lois. I think it worked a lot better than the first try did.

Robinson: Thanks for the kind words! The final chapter is almost posted, but thanks partly to the gentle readers, I have noticed that it doesn't resolve all the loose plot points. I think there is enough left over for another story involving the Mountaintops.

Michael: After their experience with Townsend in the prologue, they ought to have learned something. And they're as well protected from Luthor as any band can be protected against an unscrupulous promoter. Whether or not it's enough - we'll have to wait to find out.

And Toni may be more sympathetic in this story than in the show, but she's still a gangster at heart. She's just trying to keep a low profile while she rakes in her ill-gotten gains.

Thanks for the props on Lucy's line! She's got something sneaky up her sleeve. We'll see if she can bring it off.

Off to post the final installment!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard