Hello! It's me again! So I wrote this a long time ago but never really finished it, and today I did! (yaay!) If you don't know this is supposed to be like a sequel to a previous piece I wrote a while ago and thought maybe I should make one from Clark's point of view..

Anyway, hope you enjoy it! And don't forget about feedback laugh

----------------------

Don't Hurt Me (1/1)

I don't think you realize how hard it is for me to tell you about myself. When I say myself I don't mean about Superman. I'm talking about *me*. Just talking about myself and letting you in is just plain hard. I know it's hard to believe giving how I am, sporting the happy-go-lucky persona.

All my life I've had to hide myself from people. I've become so good at it it's become second nature to blend myself into the background. Becoming the guy you forget the minute he leaves. And the only way for me to live a relatively normal life is to become that person; and I've come to rely on that trait.

But then I met you, and everything changed. I wanted you to see me, I hoped you'd see past everything and see the true me. The man behind the suit. Both sets of suits. From the moment we met I knew things were going to be difficult. With your trust issues and your cynical view of everything.

I'm not going to deny it, I have some issues of my own. With my superman complex and never needing any help crap. Like you, it takes time to get over these issues, and I just need you to give me time, I need your faith, and most of all, I need you to trust that I will always be there, and that I will always protect you; whether as myself or Superman.

With time we got along very well, and I started to think that maybe you're starting to see me. And when we got closer things started becoming complicated and I didn't know what I was supposed to do. You have to realize I have never been in this situation; where I wanted someone to see the real me so bad. That I would let go of all pretenses and show you what I really am; a man full of flaws.

And now I've left you-again-to go and save a stranger that I've never seen, over spending time with you, I want so bad to tell you where I'm going, but I'm too afraid of the rejection that I might receive. I can't take chances with my personal life. I need to be sure that I won't get burned.

So please don't hurt me Lois, because I know I won't be able to recover.

THE END.

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!