Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Clear as mud, right?

Just kidding, I hope that things are, in fact, clearing up just a bit. This is not a mystery, but some things are meant to fall into place as we move along. Enjoy!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved Lois's thoughts on her double life!

And here it's "Mad Dog" Clark who finds a mystery and won't let go of it! I wonder if his curiosity will cause as much trouble as Lois's usually does? Will he give up before he finds out about the secret identity? This story is a lot of fun.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
A sweet segment. I loved the little detail that Clark climbed up and sat on the top of the fence while Lois scooted down to sit on the bottom. (Although I could have gone without the manure minutia.)

Elisabeth

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love that lpis and clark are talking, that we're seeing more of themselves. great part!

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm finally beginning to accept that Lois really leads a double life, and that Lola Dakota is her secret identity. (I guess I found it so hard to accept because I just can't imagine Britney Spears being able to lead a quiet life as, say, Bella Sparrow, while moonlighting as Britney Spears. Wouldn't the paparazzi blow her secret identity from here to Honolulu? Ah, but this is the LnC universe, where a pair of glasses and a different hairstyle is enough to pull the wool over they eyes of the whole world and prevent everybody from seeing that Clark is Superman. So I guess Lois could pull off her Lola Dakota stunt too, eh?)

I liked this:

She was finally understanding what Lola Dakota was all about. *This*--this ability to walk around without people fawning, falling and fanfaring—was why Lola existed. Before arriving at the Kent Farm, Lois had been seriously considering giving up the dual identities and just being Lola forever, but now she could see that Lois wasn't possible without Lola—and vice versa.
And I liked this:

Maybe what it all boiled down to was that Lois Lane was who she was (or who she was learning to be) and Lola Dakota was what she could do.
Yes, that reminds me of something - I wonder what it could be?

I should have commented on something that I think was there in the previous chapter, when Lois said about herself, "Lois Lane doesn't sing". No, she doesn't, and Clark Kent doesn't fly either, does he? wink

Nice chapter! Methinks Lois is falling in an eensy teensy bit in love with Clark Kent!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooo, update!

Fun twist on the classic line clap And Lois is finally grounding herself again. Apparently that old Smallville charm works even in this universe. Wonder if she's going to visit the corn-festival laugh

Lois was starting to see Clark Kent as grown-man attractive.
No the alarms are ringing huh?

After looking from his face to his hand a couple of times, she tilted her head. “Fine.” Tossing the flowers into the room behind her, she stepped out of the little house and pulled the door shut behind her. Then, she faced him with a raised brow.

“I had a feeling you’d do that,” Clark said with a small sigh, “so I saved one.”
laugh

“I’m only letting that stay because I have a feeling you’ve got more hidden on you,” she huffed, brushing past him to go down the steps.
Sure you are :rolleyes:

More. wildguy Please. grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've been religiously following the story and it keeps getting better with each installement thumbsup

I really liked the gradual change in Lois's attitude and the way her relationship with Clark is starting to become one of friendship. But please keep the banter between them! laugh

It was great when Clark told her his impossible dream was to work for the Daily Planet and Lois practically started watching her life go backwards. Ooh, trust issues and inverted secret identities - me likes!!! clap

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
This has been a fun story so far, and I have been enjoying following it.

Well, Clark has indicated his desire to be a Daily Planet reporter so we know that 'some day' he will become one. But, how are we going to get Lois there also?

Tank (who wonders if Lois wears a bad blonde wig when she's Lola Dakota as does Miley/Hanna)

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Very nice chapter. I really like the way this story is progressing. And you keep giving us little hints of Ellen Lane and how incredible her talent was and how totally intimidated Lois feels next to her mother. Maybe she'll cut loose on the next karaoke night and realize that Lois Lane does sing after all.

And again, I like the way you're flipping the mythos in this story. Lois has the big secret she hasn't told Clark. Lois is the one dealing with the dual identity issues. And even though we fanfic writers don't deal with this issue much, Clark is the one who was expected to be something he hasn't turned out to be instead of Lois (a reporter instead of a doctor), and he's got to deal with the (perceived) disappointment on the part of his relatives. You're letting all these little tidbits slip in almost unnoticed until we, the readers, realize that "Hey! This is important! Wow! That makes so much sense! That's just great!"

Post soon - we're chewing our fingernails down to the elbows.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
I missed the last few chapters, so I re-read the story from the beginning today to refresh my memory. And I think I enjoyed it even more the second time, which is saying something. This story continues to be brilliantly written and plotted, and just oodles of fun. And now we're getting some romance to go with it. Be still my heart. smile

Love Lois's secret identity and that Clark is finally opening up to her now that she's being nice to him. I'm very interested to see how you are going to get these two together, given how different their lives are -- much more extreme than canon L&C's difference -- but I'm looking forward to the ride as we find out.

Sure you can't put your entire life on hold just to write the rest of this story? goofy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey Sonia!

Thought I'd drag this ol' thread up here smile

How's RL treating you? And your Muse? hyper grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me joins the drumbeat chorus: Sonia, Sonia, Sonia!

When life calms down, we'd love to hear the rest of the story. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Eep! I ran away from RL for a few minutes to respond (don't tell!- I'm actually in an online class/web conferencing session right now).

Thanks for the bump! I'm rather disappointed that I have been this busy because we really need to finish this story... or at least *I* need to finish the story. First, I need to reread the story, lol.

Hope I can run away soon smile
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Sunrei, I'm bumping this because I want the rest of the story! When you first started posting, I thought it would be a goof on Jane Austen and the Hannah Montana character, but it has turned into a much deeper story than I'd expected. I hope RL leaves you alone long enough to continue writing. This story deserves a proper ending, and I think you're the only one who can do it. You can even bring Chloe back in for a bit to wrap things up in a nice bow. Maybe have Chloe and Lois do a joint benefit concert in Smallville for some local charity?

Whatever you do, I hope you do it soon. I miss the Jimmy Choos!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
i agree! love this story!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Add me to the list of people waiting for more of this story! It's too good to leave us hanging without an ending.

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
So, I am switching over from FF.N to the boards with this story, as there are more chapters here. laugh

I love that Clark's dream is about being a reporter. But poor Lois--that most really have her freaking out.

I loved Clark's bit with the flowers, and the conversations between Lois and Clark are great.

"Fun" is really a great word to describe reading this!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard