Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Comments can go here if you'd like to leave any.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm too tired to write much (it's after 1:00 am) but I wanted to thank you for posting again.

I'm looking forward to seeing whether Lois and Clark can make their relationship work. I'm glad she agreed to see him before she left. I also think there is a lot going on this late in the story, and I see a lot of loose ends that can't possibly get wrapped up in only two more chapters. Will they make it work? If so, what will they tell the band members? Will the Silent Vigilante become Superman? What will happen to Wanda Detroit? What is Luthor's motivation in signing the band? Will they manage to make the new album? What is going to happen to Linda King? So I am guessing that you are planning a sequel, and I hope this doesn't sound ungrateful (because I should just be thanking you for a great story that I have REALLY enjoyed so far), but I hope we don't have to wait too long for the sequel! I have enjoyed the way your insight into the music business comes across in the story and the way you have reworked the characters but kept them true to themselves.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Those two cops-in-training interviewing Clark was fun laugh Lois reaction to Luthor surprised me a bit. Didn't she decide a few parts back that Luthor was very bad news? Or is she just playing the act for her bandmates?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
this was really great! great conversation, interplay, everything. happy ending?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I beta'd this, am reading it again, and I'm enjoying it even more.

Very interesting, the conversation with Luthor - not just because he's a snake but also because it seems as if you are very aware of the contractual and legal pitfalls associated with a band trying to make the big time.

Glad to see that the near-death experience has made Lois and Clark realize that they should grasp at happiness, even if the superficial things (e.g., she's in a traveling band, he's a reporter in Metropolis) would seem to cause trouble.

Good characterization all around.

T
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Like all writers, I love reading feedback, whether it's happy or sad or somewhere in between.

C-mom: Sequel? What sequel? Seriously, I didn't intend for there to be a sequel, but there are so many loose ends flipping around that I may just be inspired to write one. Stay tuned!

Michael: Glad you liked the cops-in-training. It may be a flaw in my makeup, but I find it extremely difficult to write a one-dimensional throw-away character, even one who only shows up in a single scene. They always take specific shape in my mind and demand to be themselves during their brief screen appearances. And Luthor? Lois doesn't trust him, and neither does Ramona, but he does have a pocket full of money. The next chapter will reveal more about the band's deal with him.

sarahg: Thanks for the compliments! Happy ending? Well, we'll see about that.

Iolanthe: Thanks for the cheers! And I'm glad you like the characters. Taking Lois out of the newsroom and putting her in a musical setting was a bit risky, but apparently it's a good idea (since I'm not the only one doing it). And while I'm not sure that doing the work which fulfills a person could be termed "superficial," you're right that being with the right person is extremely important in life. Get with the wrong one and you're toast.

Next chapter up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard