Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Here's the next part. Hope you like all the action. And don't worry that the climax seems to be coming early. There's a bunch more stuff we haven't resolved yet.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Lots happening. And thanks for putting in the link to the song. I can hear Lois's relief at being saved, and her passion for Clark, in the strong beat and the music.

(But somehow I thought she'd do a breathy torch song....)

I'm tongue-tied tonight, don't have the words to say how much I'm enjoying this.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Can't thank of much to say, except I like it, I like it! Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, so Lois and Clark have tacitly decided that they *do* want to be together. So, how is Terry going to have them pull it off?

I did have the thought that they could give the band members some cover story to explain why Clark happens to be in the same towns as the band so often. I'm sure you've come up with something clever.

You gave a terrific description of the action with the music playing almost as a soundtrack. It reminded me of the Babylon 5 scene with the old spiritual No Hiding Place.

Looking forward to the resolution(s).

This *is* my happily ever after.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good part, Terry. The song/arrest scene reminded me of Babylon 5. There they had a powerful scene where they overlaid the arrest of one character with the stage performance of another. But I'm sure B5 wasn't the only production to utilize this. Well executed clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hi, y'all!

Iolanthe: A breathy torch song? Naw, too much like Christie. Besides, this Lois is a rocker!

C-mom: Thanks for hanging in there!

HappyGirl: A cover story for a guy based in Metropolis who shows up wherever the band is? Can you say "stalker?" I bet Ramona could. That would have to be a whale of a cover story.

I remember that Babylon 5 episode. They even got DeLenn to get on stage and sing with the choir. It was an interesting contrast to the bad guy getting what he deserved in the parallel scenes.

Michael: Thanks! I see this scene triggered a B5 memory for you as well. I really liked that show when it was first on. Unlike L&C, however, it didn't hold much appeal for me when they went into reruns. I'm not sure why.

Next chapter up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard