Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, only a week between updates! That's pretty good, right? lol

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“It’s because you saw me naked, isn’t it?”

Clark’s eyes popped. “What? No! I didn’t see… anything!”

Lois nodded sagely. “Yep. You saw the bod and *now* you want to be ‘friendly.’ That totally explains why you went from cold shoulder to best buds in one afternoon,” she teased.

He pulled at his collar, knowing that he couldn’t really tell her that it wasn’t just one afternoon that had turned his mind around. “All I saw were suds,” he countered. “Mounds and moun…”

“Mounds?” Lois questioned, interrupting him.

“I mean lots,” he corrected. “Lots and lots of suds. That’s all.”
Tee-hee!

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
too funny! great banter - this story just gets better and better!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am LOVING this story. One very small quibble, though . . . in Kansas, alfalfa is not sprouts. Alfalfa is hay. (It's grown to cut for hay to feed cattle.) The two words are almost used as synonyms.

Your Lana characterisation is interesting. I don't remember the part about Lois claiming to be LoDa's best friend--I'll have to go back and re-read the earlier chapters to find it. Don't make us wait too long for the next chapter, please!

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks! I will go back and massage the Alfalfa line a little. Oh and the best friends question...

From Chapter 3:
Lois’s back straightened indignantly. “Because *I* am…” she started. Then catching herself, she cleared her throat and continued, “…a friend of hers. One of her best friends, in fact, and I happen to like her music.” She frowned, not entirely satisfied with the way the exchange was going.
(I had to go back and make sure I hadn't imagined it myself!)
~s

"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, really nice! smile

A while ago it felt as if Clark totally had the upper hand - he despised Lois, more or less at least, and he made her do all those chores, and she whined and complained and told him that he was really succeeding at torturing her. And when Chloe first turned up, I feared that he was going to torture her even more by showing her that not only did he despise her, but he had another girlfriend too boot.

But how things have changed! Lois doesn't seem to have fallen in love with Clark yet, but Clark has definitely fallen in love with Lois. And suddenly she is the one who can torture him, and not the other way round.

The part that Iolanthealias quoted, the mounds part (I was about to write "the mounds body part - Freudian slip) was just too funny! rotflol

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Did Chloe know that her cousin could sing?

Why wasn’t Lois on a record label like Chloe was?
So close and so far :p

It was thoughts like those ones mixed in with the desires to finish chores quickly that had led to an unfortunate incident with a manure sprayer.
Karma? (see Lois fishing around in the manure-puddle) Although at first I thought Clark had sprayed Lois or the other way around.

Still mulling over thoughts of melodies, chords and unanswered questions, Clark didn’t realize that the bathroom door was closed…

…Until he walked in and saw Lois in the tub.
eek

Two pairs of shock widened eyes met before Clark tilted his neck back to concentrate on the ceiling.

“Uh, sorry, I… didn’t know you were…” “Your mom said it would be okay…” Their words tripped over each other’s.
laugh And rotflol on her singing a LoDa song. Probably as good an idea as Clark showing up in a Superman costume at the DP Halloween party.

Lois frowned. “He won’t do it. That rod is planted too deeply…” she trailed off, remembering her company. “I mean…”
rotflol

Lois smirked and looked up at him with obviously false pique. “Don’t fall for me, Kent. I am *way* out of your league.”
Hmm… yeah, that’s probably why Lois is so unfazed over the entire experience. Either that or because she’s used to entertaining men…

Michael, hoping for more soon jump

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I don't think Lois is used to "entertaining" men, but she is used to being pursued by all sorts of males. It's an occupational hazard, one which I'm sure her father knew would be a problem - but which he hoped would be a manageable problem. She is, however, used to being on display for people, and one result of having thousands of people applaud you on stage is that you tend to lose some of your body modesty. It was interesting that Lois didn't panic and dive for a towel or spin around in the tub. And, of course, there were a lot of soap bubbles. Mounds of them.

Lois has changed a lot over the last three weeks. She's remembering not only what it is to be a normal person, she's learning that celebrity doesn't make you an abnormal person. Too many famous people today think they're special just because they're famous, and that's not true.

I hope the next chapter tells us more of what Lois has been thinking for the past few days. Maybe we'll get to see how she views her jam sessions with Roscoe, or what her thoughts of Clark are. It makes me wonder just how she's starting to feel, what with the "mounds" teasing and the "Don't fall for me" crack.

[/sarcasm] And how will Clark react when he finds out that Lois has been lying to him since they met? Here he is, listening to Lana going gaga over Lola Dakota (and he's joining in) while Lois is laughing at their stupidity and inability to see Lola right there in front of them. [/end sarcasm]

Okay, maybe that's a little unfair, but it is an interesting twist on the canon story line. This one is lots of fun, though, and I really do want to see what happens next. Will Clark admit that he's been eavesdropping on Lois and her guitar? Will Lois admit that she's also Lola? Will Chloe make another guest appearance between engagements? Can't wait to find out!

ETA: sarcasm tags

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
It didn't seem to me that Lois was laughing, Terry, so much as desperately trying to avoid singing. As you said, that would be like Clark showing up in the SuperSuit. Or maybe more like Clark accidentally floating. She can't afford for these folks to hear what she can do.

Loved the song choice for Clark. And, if he really does usually have a stick up his anatomy, it shows how badly he's failed at not being intrigued. He's willing to make a complete fool of himself in his pursuit of figuring Lois Lane out.

What Lois is doing off in that treehouse is trying to remember how to be the person who wrote Chloe's songs, not Lola's.

This *is* my happily ever after.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I agree with HappyGirl about Lois' attitude, but when it all hits the fan Clark may see it differently.

Elisabeth

sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't think Lois is used to 'entertaining men' (don't worry, I caught all the sarcasm here) just that like Terry said, her modesty meter is a bit skewed. I liked all the comments here--they made me consider some things that I hadn't, and hopefully what's in the next chapter will flesh some of those aspects out a bit.

I know where this fic is going (that's a relief, right? lol), so I try not to reveal too much too soon, but I agree that it does help to get into the characters' minds now and then.

I am definitely going for the flip on canon with the secrets, lies and flies here so... Yes, it *will* be interesting to see how Clark reacts when the truth comes out wink When is that you ask? Not in the near, near future... but near. Suffice to say that there will be a revelation.

And now I'm taking my suffices to the next chapter...

Thanks again!
~s

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard