Sorry - sidetracked by email to hubby...

Thanks to Kathy!

Last time

This time when the kisses intensified, neither of them did anything to stop it, instead melting into each other in a joining of bodies, souls and spirits.

Later, Clark readily curled his body around hers, on arm holding her tightly against him. He pressed a kiss against the back of her head. "That was..."

Lois sighed in his arms. "Incredible."

"The only thing I'd like more is to be able to do that with you for the rest of my life."

She rested her arm over the top of his, linking her fingers with his own. "You better believe we're going to do that for the rest of our lives."

He chuckled lightly as she yawned. "Sounds like a plan. But right now I think we both need to get some rest."

She nodded and in moments they had both drifted off.

*~*11*~*

Lois woke up to find the other side of the bed empty and cold.

She pushed herself up onto her elbows, clutching the sheet to her bare chest. "Clark?" she called.

Had he been called off to an emergency of some kind? She'd fallen asleep alone and woken up alone their first night together – that couldn’t be a good sign. At least he'd been there for a while in between.

There was a thump on the balcony and the door opened to reveal a smiling Superman standing there.

"Good morning, beautiful," he said as he moved to sit on the edge of the bed.

She sat against the headboard, sheet still held firmly in place. "Good morning."

"I brought you something." He held out a bag, pulling it away as she reached for it. "But I need something from you first."

"What's that?" she asked.

He leaned over and kissed her softly. "Just that." He gave the white bag to her. "Fresh from France."

"You went to France?" she exclaimed around a bite of croissant.

He stood and headed towards the bathroom peeling the top of the Suit off as he did. "There was a plane coming down with no landing gear. I heard it on the neighbor's radio and you were still sound asleep. I knew it shouldn't take too long and then I could get you breakfast at the same time." By the time he finished talking, he was in the bathroom and the shower had been turned on.

Lois finished the croissant before getting out of bed, keeping the sheet wrapped around her as she walked towards the bathroom. "Well, breakfast was delicious," she told him, eyeing him through the semi-opaque curtain. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," he called.

She bit her bottom lip, watching him for another moment before making a decision. A second later, she slipped into the shower behind him.

He turned, a surprised smile on his face as he put his arms around her. "This is nice," he said, the same surprised tone in his voice as he leaned down to kiss her.

"Well, it is unofficially the morning after our wedding," she reminded him, her arms wrapping around his back as she kissed him back. "And I thought we could save time this way." She kissed him again.

"Do we have to go to work?" Clark whined holding her closer to him. "Wanna play hooky?"

"I can't, Clark." Lois moved around him and into the warm spray. "It's like my fourth day on the job."

He wrapped his arms around her from behind, kissing the base of her neck before moving back to give her some room. "I know, but a guy can dream. We'll have to make sure we get done early and then I have a surprise for you for the weekend." He leaned against the back wall of the shower, his eyes traveling appreciatively over his *wife's* body.

She raised an eyebrow over her shoulder. "That's not till Saturday." She took another second to admire the view before turning back to her shower.

He shook his head. "Perry mentioned it yesterday. This week we're working Sunday through Thursday, so tomorrow..." He rested his hands on her hips and kissed the back of her shoulder. "We're taking off on a three day honeymoon. We don't have to be back until Monday."

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope. Just that clothing is optional."

"And no radios?"

He shook his head. "Maybe a CD player but there's no radio signal around for it to pick up where we going."

"Good."

"Why?" He nuzzled her neck with his lips.

"Because it was a radio that told you you needed to leave last night and a radio that told you you needed to leave this morning." She turned to face him. "I get that you won't always be here when I go to sleep or when I wake up, but I don't like the precedent that it sets and I know you needed to go last night and I'm guessing you did this morning, too, but I'd rather spend a few days somewhere where you'll never know if something's happening and just let emergency services handle it."

She brushed some water off his cheek. "You have to let yourself have a life and for this weekend at least, I hope that means focusing on your wife and new marriage and letting the world deal with it's own problems for a few days – no guilt trips allowed. Promise?"

He nodded. "I promise. And I think that three days alone with you sounds like a little bit of heaven on earth."

"No guilt trips if two more trains collide because some idiot fell asleep at the switch?"

He shook his head. "No guilt trips."

"Then I would be happy to go away with you this weekend." She kissed him gently before turning back into the shower.

"What're we telling people when they start asking?"

"Asking what?" She sighed. He didn't have a loofah or body wash – only plain old soap. They were going to have to go get her things at some point. She looked at him, suddenly feeling a bit shy. "Would you mind helping wash my back?" she asked, holding out the soap.

"My pleasure." He took the soap from her, filling his hands with lather before gently massaging her shoulders and back as he continued. "Well, you're wearing rings, I'm wearing a wedding band and somehow I don't think I'm going to be able to keep a goofy smile off my face every time I think about you." He leaned closer to whisper huskily. "About last night."

She smiled and blushed at the same time. "It was this morning."

"Potato, pah-tah-to."

"They're going to want to know everything, aren't they?" She leaned her head back against him as his arms went around her again. "Details. Where we flew off to. There's a waiting period in New Troy, isn't there? So we couldn't have gotten married here so we must have gone somewhere else..."

"Perry's going to ask. *Cat* is *definitely* going to ask."

She sighed. "Perry we tell in private – or you tell him. He likes you better."

He chuckled behind her as she turned the water off. "I think that's questionable."

"And Cat, we ignore?" she went on, ignoring his interruption as she reached for a towel.

He got a hold of it first and held it just out of reach, kissing her instead. "We're leaving work early tonight," he murmured against her lips.

"Definitely." She got a hold of the towel and headed into the bedroom with it wrapped around her.

"Or we tell everyone who asks a version of the truth," he said, reaching for a towel. "That it was love at first sight but that we didn't want to make it public until we'd had a chance to tell our families and get the rings and stuff."

"I guess that works." She looked around and then let out a frustrated growl.

"What?" Clark asked, cinching the towel around his waist.

"I have no clothes. No makeup. No... anything. It's all at your grandpa's house." She sighed and used a second towel to dry her hair.

"Put some of my clothes on and I'll take you over there. We won't even be late for work. Promise."

"That's as good a plan as any I've got at the moment."

Ten minutes later they were flying through the air. Lois had found a pair of sweatpants that didn't swallow her whole and another T-shirt, but as much as she liked wearing Clark's clothes – and she'd decided she was going to do so fairly often – she was looking forward to getting her own things.

They landed on the back porch after Clark made sure only family was around.

They walked in to find his parents and grandpa standing there, annoyed looks on all of their faces.

"Where have you two been?"

TBC