Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lot's of cool stuff and no time goofy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm hoping that Linda doesn't get away with her muleing for Johnny just because she was incredibly stupid. It's a defense that shouldn't stand up anywhere. She needs to go to prison.

Tank (who thinks that Linda in prison would be acceptable to Lois)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The plot thickens....much is still to happen!

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ooh, so lucy's off the hook now?
also - it's possible to tell whether something is self-inflicted, so they should be able to realize that it was a suicide, otherwise,
waiting for some lois and clark action!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Howdy, y'all. Thanks for reading and commenting. And those who are just reading, thanks for that, too.

Michael: There really is such a thing as reasonable doubt. But evidence has a way of leading investigators to other evidence. We'll see what else happens.

Tank: Lois would probably like to see Linda in prison, but that's not going to happen. There will be a permanent resolution on Linda's situation.

Iolanthe: Thanks for cheering me on! And you're right, of course, much is yet to happen - like the meeting between Lois Lane and Clark Kent.

Sarahg: Lucy still has to deal with the police on this situation. And I'm not sure what you meant about suicide. I doubt that anyone has ever beaten himself (or herself) to death with a club. But some L&C action is coming up in the next chapter.

Which will be posted very, very soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Terry wave

Well, the baby was sent to the children's hospital downstate and we don't know whether or when we'll get him. We do know that he won't be going home with his bio family (should be saying 'duh' here, but I did ask) but they're not sure whether he'll be placed with us or not. If not, that's the last I'll hear. Foster parenting is full of loose threads. That said, RL is still nuts here with other things, so I'm just now catching up.

I know that the story and the feedback have moved on from here, but I had to give a shout-out to the Tommy Smothers reference. That makes you probably even older than me wink . My dad loved the Smothers brothers and we had an LP of their version of Aesop's fables. So, does this mean that Johnny has a complex because Dad loved Toni best, or vice-versa? wink

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for the news and the comments, HappyGirl. The Tommy Smothers reference was something of a throwaway line at first, but then I realized that it's another little insight into Johnny Taylor's character. Every gangster in history has maintained the self-deception that he (or she) is really a regular person deep down inside, and those horrible law enforcement people are simply trying to prevent him/her from making a living. And it says that Johnny likes some of the same things regular people like, too. After all, Adolf Hitler was nice to his dogs, and Benito Mussolini hated his son-in-law (and had him shot).

I'm sorry the foster system is the way it is and that it's messing with you guys. Actually, the question you asked about the child going back to the bio parents wasn't a 'duh' question at all. Back when I lived in Texas, I was called to the jury pool of a trial for a minor accused of child sexual assault. During the DA's presentation, she said that one possible outcome of a guilty verdict was that the convicted defendant might go back into the home. When I heard that, I perked up and said, "Say what?" The judge told all of us that the way the law was set up then, that was an allowable outcome. My response? "You've got to be kidding!" The judge asked for a show of hands if any juror could not, in good conscience, go along with this possible outcome. My hand shot up, along with at least a third of the others in the jury pool. We were dismissed with thanks.

That's a little nuts, I think. But that's the way the law read at the time.

"If men were angels, we would need no government."
-- James Madison

And I still have almost a dozen Smothers Brothers albums on vinyl.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard