Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
FDK here.

Thanks!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whew! Poor Clark! Poor Hodge! Good chapter!

clap

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
honestly don't think i can handle 5 more chapters - what happens next, i need to know NOW!!!! the kryptonite in her pocket, sheesh, lois, think!!! and poor hodge, and what is up with henderson?

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/runs around screaming/

erm okay...

Corrina, I was startled when Dan started to weave this whole story. Could I have been wrong about Henderson? One of them had to be bad, obviously. Then Dan showed his true colors, and that was quite a feat, considering his outfit is already showing so many of them goofy But now I thinking, could Dan be Hodge's compatriot in Trask's team? Was he the one to mug Lois?

And Lois took Kryptonite with her shock But considering the severeness of Clark's injuries, this might be a good thing. Gives the medics a chance to patch him up before things start to scar over...

Funny sidenote: What if someone where to take Kryptonite with them when they jumped off a plane or skyscraper and then Superman rushes to their rescue and is trapped in midair, powerless. The assassin could either sacrifice himself to the cause or have a parachute with him.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my goodness! Lois took Kryptonite with her! I agree with Michael. This could be the perfect opportunity for medics to patch Clark up. Of course, Lois is taking him to the cottage instead of the hospital. Maybe Sarah will send her private doctor to take care of Clark. Let's hope.

~Mel~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, Lois and Clark are together!!! thumbsup

I'm a bit sad for Hodge ... but he had given his life for a good cause.

Someone has to tell Lois to get rid of the Kryptonite.

I have a question:
Why did the globe get crashed?
I remember Nigel St.John saying that no force on earth could destroy or even penetrate it!

clap
Kathryn

Kathryn
Top Banana
Top Banana
I got caught up today. Yea! (RL can be such a pain sometimes! razz )

This is a great story. I just wish I was 1/10 as smart as Lois. I would have never gotten past the first clue.

I have to wonder about Lois and the Kryptonite. Does she realize that it is the source of his vulnerability and is bringing a piece along so that he can get medical help? I vote "Yes" based on how clever she's been so far. I can't believe she would fail to associate Clark's vulnerability to the Kryptonite that is all around.

But... if she got the Kryptonite so that Clark could receive medical help, why the cottage instead of a hospital? confused

I was sure that they had grabbed Clark with the knowledge that he was Superman. But this being Trask and all makes that quite believable.

Bob

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for the FDK!!

cookiesmom Thanks. I just love that you said 'Poor Hodge'. Since his dubious entry into this series, I've been working to make him more likeable. If you felt even the slightest sadness at his demise, I'm smile .

Sarah Ditto re 'Poor Hodge' comment. Thanks!

You can handle five more chapters - it gets a little smoother from here. wink

Michael
Was he the one to mug Lois?
I should have made this clearer. In the caravan, Lois asks Hodge if he put the note in her bag and he replies that he arranged it.

The actual 'who' is irrelevant to the story - he just paid someone to do it.

Initially, I had Lois asking 'who' but that whole scene was getting way too long, so I cut it out.

smile1

I have a question:
Why did the globe get crashed?
Because I need it crashed for a later fic. laugh

I remember Nigel St.John saying that no force on earth could destroy or even penetrate it!
Hodge's bomb set off the K which we know is explosive. We also know K weakens stuff from Krypton (Clark). Put the two together ... and we have a smashed globe.

peep Does that work?

Bob Thanks for you FDK, Bob.

I was sure that they had grabbed Clark with the knowledge that he was Superman. But this being Trask and all makes that quite believable.
Phew!!

Now about the K and taking Clark to the hospital.

Firstly, I find it fascinating when people see things in my stories that weren't consciously put there by me!

I never even considered this line of thinking.

Lois has a 'hunted' mindset. She doesn't know if Trask is still alive. She doesn't know if Henderson is alive or even if he's a good guy or a bad guy. She doesn't know who is trustworthy and who still believes she and Clark can be used to bring down Superman. She trusted Scardino and got burned.

And if she went to the hospital, can she be sure no one there has been infiltrated by Trask? What if they insist she leaves Clark?

At this point, Lois isn't going anywhere there is the slightest possibility she could be separated from Clark. And she's not trusting anyone either.

Her first thought is to get them hidden - so the cottage.

As for picking up the K - she wanted to take the spaceship ... but that was clearly not possible. So, she took the K so Clark would have something from his home. Remember back on the beach, they talked about how isolated he felt?

Did she join the dots and realise it could be the thing harming him? No - but given she's just been bombed, seen Hodge die, seen the man she loves battered (when she thought he was invulnerable) and her mind is full of who may still be out there wanting to kill them ... maybe it's understandable.

Thanks everyone for your FDK.

Next part later today.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Because I need it crashed for a later fic.
shock But ... but it the only way for Clark to get information from his parents (except for the NKs)

Hodge's bomb set off the K which we know is explosive.
It is? I must have forgotten ...
laugh laugh laugh

I was just wondering because I watched the ep with the globe just days before. angel-devil

Kathryn
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for your question, Kathryn.

This is from the script of GGGoH.

THE GREEN ROCK Sails past Trask and hits another rock projecting above the water-line. We see its _ENERGY RELEASED_ as it explodes into a million small pieces that sparkle as they dissipate into the wind and pond.
Usually when rock hits rock, one may splinter, but this seemed more explosive than that.

I assumed it had to be the Kryptonite causing the difference, rather than the pond rock.

I hope this answers your question smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't believe she would fail to associate Clark's vulnerability to the Kryptonite that is all around.
If I remember correctly (and I skimmed through Weekend in Smallville, just to check) neither Lois nor Clark have encountered Kryptonite in this trilogy until now. So I find it perfectly plausible that Lois would not equate the green, glowing rocks on the warehouse floor with Clark's "inexplicable" vulnerability.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
DSDragon

Thanks for you comment.

You're right ... until Clark got to the warehouse, no one had any idea that krytonite would affect him.

So the shock is two-pronged ... the powers have gone, but even if they return, Clark is no longer invulnerable to everything.

However, I think maybe Bob's comment related more to how well Lois had figured out everything before this.

And the REAL reason she took the K will come out at the end of Fic 5.

Thanks again to everyone who left FDK.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard