Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Still with me? laugh

Just want to reiterate a note I left in the FDK thread for the last part. The references to the different incarnations of the characters (i.e. Smallville, DCU, and whatnot) are meant to make you smile for those who are familiar. They shouldn't be confusing so let me know if they don't make sense. For the most part, nothing is the same as it is/was on any show, so don't feel like you're missing anything. Everything you need to know should be there- but tell me if it's not.

Enjoy!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Those poor kids. /me wants to stuff them into Clarkie-bear costumes and let them hug each other dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm really riveted to this story. Don't keep running away in between parts! Put your life on hold just to write it for meeeee! wink

I loved it when it started out as a fun, oh-so-clever romp, but now that it's moving deeper, I'm completely glued to the screen.

That said, I absolutely loved this line:
Lois favored her cousin with a mock serious face. “Love doesn’t hurt, Chloe. Didn’t you see my after school special?”
rotflol I wasn't expecting that, and it really cracked me up.

More? Please? Pretty please with whipped cream and a chocolate covered Clark on top? grovel

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, yeah. Definitely moving beyond the light-hearted little romp.

Clark is on the verge of some life-changing self-knowledge here. Now if Chloe can just help him look beyond Lola--whom no-one likes, including Lois--and see Lois, the two of them have more in comon than either of them knows. I think Clark *really* needs to overhear some of Lois's songwriting sessions.

Keep it coming. This is good stuff. thumbsup

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Happygirl used exactly the expression I had planned on using - this fic has most certainly moved far beyond a light-hearted romp!

Lola-Lois reminds me of Michael Jackson. Like him, she was raised to be a child star. But unlike him, she was given an artist-persona, Lola Dane, maybe so that she could be herself, Lois, when she wasn't in the limelight performing.

Then again, trying to keep "yourself" alive so that you aren't suffocated by stage persona isn't easy. Norma Jean Baker created Marilyn Monroe, but Norma Jean herself didn't really survive.

Norma Jean Baker had a really crappy childhood. She never knew her father, and her mother was locked up in a psychiatric instituion when Norma Jean herself was just a child. Lois-Lola had a better childhood, because she always knew and never lost her father, but she did lose her mother, and she did, pretty much, lose herself.

Is Chloe such a good friend that she wants to save Lois from Lola? Then she is a better person than I've given her credit for.

As for Clark, your portrait of him is quite moving, too. His Earth father's death really brought it home to him that he is the ultimate orphan, and so he gave up college and his dreams for the future so that he could at least hang on to the farm. At least the farm must be there for him!

It was quite moving that both Lois and Clark would seek solace on the graveyard. I hope these two can find solace in each other before too long.

Ann

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
this is definitely beyond light-hearted - moving into wonderfully thoughtful and provoking. i love seeing their different sides emerging. can't wait for more!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Liking the underlying character bits that are coming out now. Well done. Please post more soon.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
That part was amazing.

I actually went back and reread the other 5 parts because I was so blown away by this part. This will definitely be a story I will reread in all one sitting when it's done.

I really love this story and cannot wait until Lois and Clark discover each other's secrets. (Which is going to happen, right?!?)

Amber

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm eager to read the next post. Will Clark and Lois ever see past the shells each one puts up to keep the pain away? Will Clark realize that his father never wanted him to sacrifice his life and his future to the farm? Will Lois realize that Lola is the artificial construct and that Lois is her real identity - and that Lois isn't all that bad a person?

This started as a huge Hannah Montana spoof, but it's taken a turn into reality. And I, for one, am truly enjoying it. I may twist my daughter's arm and get her to read it once it's all done.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard