Thanks!
Carol

#64717 07/04/09 10:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper
Her dad had been there for several hours already working on his secret recipe pulled pork. It was her favorite thing in the world to eat.
Huh? What about chocolate? dizzy

So, how long until Lois figures out that falling isn't so bad when Superman is right there huh

Michael blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#64718 07/04/09 02:20 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Enjoying the story but trying to get a handle on Lois. I understand her having doubts and being a bit conflicted but she seems to be experiencing a high-amplitude oscillation.

All things considered I thought she was going to open up to Clark more easily than she's done. But, based on her background and the combination of her Lex and Dan experiences, I guess confused caution is reasonable.

I just hope she doesn't bolt the "wrong" way.

Bob

#64719 07/04/09 05:27 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I liked this section. I, too, was ready to get a little more insight into what Lois was thinking, and I found her thought process in this chapter to be quite sympathetic.

Yes, she's sending Clark mixed messages (which must be hard on him), but I really liked how she had already given thought to Superman's life and mental health, and especially how she was already starting to consider moving to Metropolis to be with him. Not necessarily to jump into an immediate relationship, but she knows she wants him in her life, and that's a major step. Now she just needs to get over her skittishness and be willing to trust him with her heart.

#64720 07/04/09 06:48 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, the fact that Lois didn't actually sleep last night gives her a good excuse for that high amplitude oscillation. It's hard to be rational when you're sleep deprived. Hopefully, sleep deprivation works somewhat like tipsiness in that it lowers self-censorship and makes you blurt out the truth that you might otherwise be alert enough to hide, because she's only got three more parts in which to sort this out, and coming clean with Clark is usually the quickest way to do that.

It certainly helps that she never had a big Superman crush and figured out the secret pretty quick. It avoids the whole 'love me for who I wish I was, not for who you think I am' angst.

And I love that Martha and Jonathan are still Martha and Jonathan, no matter which kids they've been raising.

Romp away! (Can we still call this a romp after all the actual planning you've done?)

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64721 07/04/09 07:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woo, Independence Day post!

Heh, now this is a bit evil. Does anyone else think we're going to run into New Krypton in Backwards II? I mean, Lois is awfully perceptive about the House of Ra...

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#64722 07/04/09 07:22 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
If so, I hope Lois tells Zara where to go in no uncertain terms. NK makes me wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash

This *is* my happily ever after.
#64723 07/04/09 07:41 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
I hope Lois tells Zara where to go in no uncertain terms.
Yeah! razz The only time I've ever liked Zara was when she WAS Lois as in "The Girl Next Door".

But the writing is on the wall and I'm fully prepared for Clark to be a bonehead about the New Kryptonians like he usually is.

Bob

#64724 07/04/09 11:42 PM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Is high-amplitude oscillation contagious? You know Clark could catch it too and who knows what could happen.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#64725 07/06/09 05:04 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Michael - chocolate is a category all it's own...

Bob - as someone else mentioned below, lack of sleep will do strange things to you - have experienced it very long term myself [never more than 90m at a time for months] - it's no fun and you're not always rational...

Kathy - I imagine she'll get over her skittishness at *some* point...

HG - to this point I really hadn't done much planning beyond 'does Lois go back to Metropolis with him in this one or show up in the next one' so romp I guess it still is. Have I mentioned I love M/J?

JD - No, no NK in II at least not so far and I'm wrapping up the plot there now smile . Well, the A plot junk anyway.

HG - hehe - I hate NK...

Bob - I think I've seen other fics where Lois is Zara but am with you there.

SJH - hehe.

Thanks guys!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard