C
FDK goes here smile

Thanks!

Carol

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Nancy, glad to hear everything is going well with baby! And I am totally impressed that you had it together enough to have so much buffer for Carol to post - I was not nearly that with it right before or after my first was born!

Anyway, this was a great part! I loved the interaction with Martha and Jonathan. The discussion about how/to whom Clark should reveal his secret was great - very realistic that it would be an ongoing and evolving discussion between the three of them. And each of them in character, too, with their different perspectives. Personally, I think Clark should heed his instincts and not tell Maddie...or on the other hand, maybe he should and then she'll decide she's not cut out for that life but will remain a good friend.

And I'm just rambling now, so I'm done. smile

Amber

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Nancy! Great to see you back a bit and to read that everything is good and yay to your thoughts on the 'steving' smile

This part was a nice change of pace and their dynamics are very interesting. I do wonder how Martha especially thought Clark would deal with his powers without lying. After all, he can't tell everyone he gets to know closer and so lying should be a more fundamental part. And yet, those good old values say the exact opposite dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Have to pop in and congratulate you on your daughter, Nancy! I'm so glad that both both you and Rye Sophia are doing fine! sloppy

I have read much less LnC lately, but I had to read your latest chapter. Hmmm, Clark is going to tell Maddie? Hold your horses, boy! Don't spill your secret to all and sundry, because Lois is the woman for you!

It was a well-written chaper as usual, and I particularly enjoyed how Martha and Jonathan were so proud of Clark's byline in the Daily Planet.

Ann

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Maddie must die!

It's time to end this annoying blonde's interference with Clark's true destiny.

Tank (who finds it hard to believe that Clark could believe that he 'loves' Maddie when we all know that no woman has ever made a real emotional impact on him besides Lois)

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks for the comments! While my online time has been limited, it's been great to log on and see feedback on this story - even if I can barely remember what it's about in my sleep deprived brain.

Thanks, Amber! I have to say, to some degree, my favorite parts of this story are the ones with Martha and Jonathan. I see college age Clark as very attached to them and not yet ready to stand on his own. Plus, it gives me a chance to explore MnJ as parents. In my head, they are amazing parents and I like to see them try to be the best parents possible to someone who is as lost as Clark currently is.

Michael - I'm not sure how Martha expected Clark to deal with his secret without lying. I'm not even sure she did. But it's been a point my husband has mentioned a lot - one of his problems with Superman is that his life is based on a lie. Not the best role model for kids. And it seems like the Kents would have taught Clark not to lie when he was a kid, so the sudden realization that he needs to would be hard to deal with.

Thanks, Ann! I liked MnJ's reaction to Clark's byline as well. We won't really see Lois' parents reaction to her first story in the Planet, but in my head, I was thinking of how different they would be.

Tank, why do you always want to kill off my original characters? confused Do you really think Maddie is annoying? I kind of like her. (Oh, and did I describe her as blonde, as in my head, her hair is light brown?)

As for loving Maddie - this is a different universe, so perhaps Lois is not the only women he has an emotional connection with in this one. Or maybe he thinks he loves Maddie and later realizes he doesn't?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard