Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
So, the mystery of the Sully obsession... dare I say, solved?

Sorry I've been away so long!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was laughing myself silly over this:

Chloe arched an eyebrow and hid a smirk. “That bad?”

“Worse,” Lois replied dramatically. “I feel like I've been cut off from my entire being. I don't know what's going on in the world… I don't know if Pink's hair is blonde, if Brangelina adopted an octobaby, or if… hey, did you bring me a new phone?”
Brangelina adopted an octobaby???? rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Got to say, though, that Clark's infatuation with Chloe reminds me why I don't watch Smallville. Maybe that's why I didn't understand the Sully reference, either?

Ann

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
Well worth the wait! I don't get some things, not a fan of smallville, but we're getting to see more of clark and lois now..can't wait to see where this goes!

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This was a fabulous part! So glad you're back!

I really enjoy your writing - it's very tight, saying a lot without a lot of words. The dialogue is witty and quick.

Can't wait to see where this is going! The setup gets more and more intriguing...

Amber

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ollie, Lois's ex, Alexander Luthor the trust fund twerp, and Chloe here to disabuse both Lois and Clark of their pride and their prejudices. Love it! clap

This is turning from a light-hearted romp at Lois and Clark's expense into a study in growing up and getting over yourself. Looking forward to seeing these two start to appreciate each other.

Mostly, Lois needs to get over her own idendity confusion. Which is putting the shoe on the other foot, of course. And how long will it take her to notice Clark's little oddities, like recognizing Gumble when she wasn't actually in his line of sight? wink

Lola is a pain in the butt, but Lois is a pretty sharp girl. Once she remembers who she really is and starts acting like herself instead of like a characature, everyone will like her better, including herself.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Fun part, Sonia! Really great. And no more hiding. /goes and borrows Carol's duct tape/

Chloe was/is a wonderful addition to the story. She gives Martha someone sensible to talk with.

I didn't really expect Lois to have a reasonable side, but her acceptance of Rosco, the chicken-picketline and her timelimit to being angry show us a deeper side. Although, I expected she was talking about being mad till she's 35 years old laugh

Clark's backstory is quite surprising and now neither Lois nor Clark have a college education so there won't be any reporting in their future, I guess.

So, when's part 6 due? hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I had the same reaction as HG -- this started out as a light romp, but now we've got some deeper characterization flickering through. I like it! thumbsup

Love Lois and Rosco's "relationship" and Chloe being used a great vehicle to give both L&C a little back story. And I adore the way Clark lights up when Lois is around and the banter between them (and the fact that both Chloe and Martha notice it right off). Lois's defense of, "He gave as good as he got," was perfect. I think we're going to see that they *both* enjoy the back and forth and start seeking each other out to get more of it. Suddenly, they've each got someone in their life to challenge them. Awesome.

Hope real life doesn't keep you away again. I'm looking forward to more of this story. smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I have to echo the previous posters. You've taken a story which began as a pure spoof and shaded it into something with depth and meaning. Congratulations.

When I read the name "Sully" I think of X-Files, not Chloe Sullivan. But I agree that Chloe is a great addition to this tale. "Gumble" ought to make Lois jealous in a couple of days, whether Lois admits to jealousy or not. After all, up to now Clark has been her pet punching bag, but Chloe is going to bring out a softer side of him for Lois to wonder about. She can bridge the gap between Clark and Lois and help them both to overcome their reticence and reluctance to share their real selves with each other. Lois can't possibly be as shallow and vapid as Clark thinks she is.

Now where's the next part?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
sunrei Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL, I guess that what I meant about the Sully obsession is that... there wasn't one.

Chloe and Clark were former friends and he collected magazines and CDs as a way to support her career. He's proud of his old friend--but that's as far as that goes. I wouldn't call it an infatuation. The Smallville version of Chloe is no friend of mine.

That said, as an AU, I'm hoping that this fic can stand alone. I realize that there are nods here and there to certain versions of the characters we know, but those should be like sprinkles on the cake, not the filling. Please let me know if something doesn't make sense so I can go back and make it all mesh better.

So... those of you with the eagle eyes have spotted my fatal flaw. As much as I try, I can't seem to write the light-hearted romps. It's a double edged sword--you readers probably appreciate the deeper story, but not the deeper time lapses in-between wink .

I'll try to do better. Now, onto part 6.
Thanks for playing!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard