Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Welcome back, Bren!

Henderson: No blood (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, get a clue, Lois).

Lois: Yes, but you needed *me* to help him come up with the cover story after I was done kicking his little red butt.

Henderson: I won't tell if you won't.

Clark: Duh, why didn't I think of that?!

This *is* my happily ever after.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Bren,

I really enjoyed this! smile You helped brighten up my bad day, thank you. I just finished a horrible shift at work, sat down at my computer with some tea and toast and your story was just what I needed, it really made me smile.

Lois cut her off. “Just tell him he’d better get his shiny red butt over here, or I swear to God, I will never speak to him again.”
clap

Emma

"There's a fine line between brilliance and lunacy" - CK to LL(Madame Ex)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you, thank you! I absolutely adore feedback!

Happygirl... that little snippet with Henderson was really cute! Although I doubt I'd ever refer to Clark's butt as "little"... goofy

Emma, I'm so thrilled that you found this to be a good take on this ep that has already been reworked to the nth degree.

I do need to clear up one thing about a particular line you mentioned... It was just pointed out to me that it reads almost identically to a line from someone else's fic... Now this was completely unintentional--I'm really not *that* kind of writer, I swear! My only guess is that perhaps I read said fic at some point in the last year or so that I've been devouring L&C stories and the line stuck in my subconscious.

Since the last thing I would want is for someone to feel I had plagiarized their work, I went back and amended the line a little; it now reads: “Just tell him he’d better fly his shiny red heiny over here, or I swear to God, I will never speak to him again.”

I hope that's suitably different, and that no offense was caused. It most definitely was not intended.

Again, I humbly thank you both for the great feedback! FoLCs are the coolest people on earth!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap clap clap

I loved it! You would think that the police in the original would have noticed a man shot 3 times left no blood at the scene of the crime. :rolleyes:

As for the changed line, I actually like the new version better. "Shiny heiny" is somehow funnier than "Shiny butt", plus it rhymes! laugh

Definite two thumbs up on this story! Thanks for posting.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Speaking of shiny heinies, I just learned last night from my 16-yo daughter that the adjective 'shiny' has made its way from Firefly into the general vocabulary as a synonym for 'awesome,' 'terrific,' 'generally wonderful,' etc. So Clark having a shiny heiny can be a double entendre.

This *is* my happily ever after.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah, that was a nice revelation, BrenRen! Shiny heiny, indeed! laugh

And no blood! Hmmm, it won't be too hard to "convince" Henderson that all three bullets hit Clark's pager, as Lois suggested and HappyGirl has already confirmed for us! laugh

Ann

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
love it - you know, i never realized either there was no blood...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/puts on thinking cap/

No blood.....well, hmmmm....maybe it was just a lot of internal bleeding...hmmm....And the undershirt soaked it up before it stained the dress shirt....hmmm...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard