Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ok, now this one I'm a bit more peep about. I wanted to explore a worst-case scenario and poor Ellen won the prize to be the lead in this act.

In any case, here it is. Let me know what you think.

Bob

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was a great part Bob!!!

I really liked it how you made Ellen react and my heart broke for Lois

She won’t even look in my direction. Now her voice is interrupted by sobs. “My daughter isn’t an alien and doesn’t have powers. Who are you, and what happened to Lois?”
I can't believe Ellen said that didn't she realize how much that hurt Lois?

She still won’t look at me. “My daughter is human.”
No she didn't and here we discover Ellen's 'superpower' she can make absolutely everything worse than before. laugh

“I promise I’ll tell you everything. But, can you please help me figure out how to tell Dad and Lucy. I think I’d do just about anything to avoid going through this again.”
Yes that's understandable. laugh

I look forward to read the last two parts and I'm sorry I didn't leave feedback for the previous parts due to lack of time. blush

Great story! clap clap clap

Kathryn

Kathryn
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Poor Lois =( But I think it snowballed with her going public before ever talking to them.... now for Sam and Lucy's reactions.... @o

Sara "Lieta"
Kerth
Kerth
I knew Ellen had to make an appearance but I certainly wasn't expecting the 'Your husband is a bigamist' line.

Another great part, Bob.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have been out of town but managed to get online and catch up with parts 14-16 all at the same time on Sunday morning, and I enjoyed the press conference. Now today I have been killing time on the 600-mile trip home wondering what Ellen's reaction would be. You did not disappoint!

I will try to get back and leave more fdk later after I get some sleep.

Kerth
Kerth
That was a VERY good reaction for Ellen - naturally she wouldn't know about the infectious powers, and of course she'd be suspicious.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey Bob!

“Hi, Mom. I didn’t expect a visit today.” I’m happy to see her and have some company until Clark gets home. It only takes an instant to realize she is not in a good mood.

In a gruff, almost angry tone she replies, “Lois, can we go inside? We need to talk.”
Yeah, well, she's just learned her daughter didn't bother to tell her huh

“Are you divorcing him?” The angry tone is back and now has a note of challenge.
Wait. What?! She hasn't realized it?

“I asked if you’re divorcing that bigamist husband of yours.”
Yeah... well...

She won’t even let me finish. “Lois, don’t tell me that wasn’t your husband I saw kissing that purple… slut. Not only was he kissing her… and doing so in a very provocative way… they both said she’s married to him.”
:p

“God Lois, it was hard enough to deal with the fact that you husband is an alien from outer space. But now he has an extra wife.”
But... it's their custom. And Lois is quite happy she doesn't have to keep her husband 'entertained' all the time.

His greeting is a cheery, “Hi Ellen.”

“Don’t ‘Hi Ellen’ me. How could you do that to my daughter?”

He looks confused. “What did I do?”

“I saw you kiss that Ultra Woman slut!”
huh

“Did you see them together? He’s in love with that purple – person. It was unmistakable!”
Why did she tone it down to 'person'?

She still won’t look at me. “My daughter is human.”
Okay, this is unexpected. Is Ellen really such a xenophobe and card-carrying member of the Bureau?

No reply. She doesn’t even bother to look up. I need to end this, at least for tonight. “Ellen, please leave.”
Oy, Lois switched to first names.

“You mean you caught… super… from Clark?”
huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I know I took an extreme position with Ellen but I thought there was enough evidence that she could potentially react this way. I admit I took some liberties with her potential for xenophobia. I had a picture that she was uncomfortable with the fact that Clark is not “exactly” human but had chosen to look past any of her personal discomfort and go along with her daughter’s wishes. I figured that because of her own marriage issues, she would be quick to jump on the idea that Clark was replacing Lois with a new, more compatible wife. Once she thinks that Clark has taken up with another alien, this makes the fact that he is an alien part of the problem and thus the xenophobic reaction.

I admit that the “you aren’t my daughter” reaction is a bit over–the-top, but Ellen “knows” that Clark can only do the things he does because he’s an alien and she “knows” her daughter can’t do those things so this can’t be her daughter. I guess she watched “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” too many times growing up. smile

Hi Kathryn: wave
I’m glad you enjoyed this. You have to remember that Ellen is in a very confused state. For a moment, she honestly didn’t think this was Lois anymore. She isn’t striking out at her daughter, she’s addressing the doppelganger that has replaced her.

Sara:
If Lois just would have listened to Clark, this could have been avoided. As for Sam and Lucy, stay tuned.

FHawk:
Obviously, I had been saving Ellen for a special role. Who else could I use to explore this type of reaction?

CMom:
I’m glad Ellen’s reaction didn’t disappoint. As I’ve said, this approach left me feeling very nervous.

Marcus:
Thank you. I struggled with what would be “fun” (extreme?) and still be within the bounds of plausibility for her character.

Michael:
I have to wonder just what Ellen thought in LotF when Lois showed up in that harem costume. Also, do you think anyone bothered to tell Ellen that it is the custom for members of the ruling class to have concubines? As for
He’s in love with that purple – person.
Actually, I went back and forth on this several times. The other version was:
He’s in love with that purple bitch!
But I gave Ellen the benefit of the doubt and figured she might be trying to get her temper under control. I realized that I’m not being entirely fair to Ellen but I still think that due to her history of marriage problems she would jump immediately to the wrong conclusion and then spiral out of control from there.

Thanks everyone. Now we get to see how the rest of the Lane clan handles the news.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard